• don't change generally eat out

• don't change generally eat in room

• do change eat out more often in some places

• do change eat in the room more often in some places

• don't understand the question

Results are only viewable after voting.

spiceycat

dvc-blt
now at OKW, SSR, BWV and AKV/L definitely use the kitchenette in the studios.

now with BLT, VWL and BCV - generally will go out to eat.

think it is because especially with BLT there are places nearby (walking or monorail) that I can eat at - food allergies - at BWV there is nothing or too expensive. (can't have any seafood or spicey stuff)

do others do this - or do you eat in or out regardless of where you are staying

We typically only eat breakfast in the room no matter where we stay. Bagels, donuts, cereal. Not sure where that would fall in the poll.

For us, how much we eat out really depends on the amenities of the room, not location. The DVC kitchenettes in the studios are great, but really only good for breakfast items.

With a full kitchen at hand, I find it not only less expensive to eat-in but far healthier than eating out. Certain allergies restrict our diets also and I don't always trust the restaurants to keep the allergens off the plate. But even with the full kitchen I make sure we eat one meal out every other day. It is vacation after all.

I think if we were staying at an off-WDW DVC we'd eat in more.

Generally only eat an occasional quick breakfast or light lunch in the room. Orherwise the kitchen is for snacks and beverages ;)

But I am more likely to order a Giordano's delivery to eat in room when I stay at SSR or OKW; if that counts.

The only thing we use is the microwave, never the stove. We just ude it for heating/reheating. The only time we use the stove is at HHI, where we do occasionally cook in the room, maybe once or twice during a week's vacation.

It's not as much where I am as who I am with. Some friends want to eat in more and I'm happy to oblige. I usually do try for 1-2 dinners out, no matter where we are staying.

Generally only eat an occasional quick breakfast or light lunch in the room. Orherwise the kitchen is for snacks and beverages ;)

But I am more likely to order a Giordano's delivery to eat in room when I stay at SSR or OKW; if that counts.

We will be staying at OKW...what is Giordano's delivery and how do I get it??

now at OKW, SSR, BWV and AKV/L definitely use the kitchenette in the studios.

now with BLT, VWL and BCV - generally will go out to eat.

think it is because especially with BLT there are places nearby (walking or monorail) that I can eat at - food allergies - at BWV there is nothing or too expensive. (can't have any seafood or spicey stuff)

do others do this - or do you eat in or out regardless of where you are staying

Never been to WDW, but when we spent a week at Aulani in a 1bdrm we cooked breakfast and all but 2 dinners. Lunches were out. Totally loved the grills and made steak and fish. At WDW, I think we will have more dining choices, and may eat out more often, but another factor is our son. He does not do well in restaurants with the smells and noises sometimes, so on trips we do tend to eat in our room rather often. I LOVE not having to get up and get dressed for breakfast, too.

We will be staying at OKW...what is Giordano's delivery and how do I get it??

Giordano's is an off-site real Chicago-area Pizzeria that happens to have a few locations around Orlando. (Their thin crust is also quite good). They will deliver to any resort, but they only deliver to lobby's if a room does not have an outside entrance.

http://www.giordanos.com
The Lake Buena Vista location is what I've ordered.(and keep the number in my cell phone ;) )
giordanos.com/our-locations/
At AKV, I'll drive to the Kissimmee location.
FYI, they have been known to have restaurant.com gift certificates for dine-in.

Giordano's is an off-site real Chicago-area Pizzeria that happens to have a few locations around Orlando. (Their thin crust is also quite good). They will deliver to any resort, but they only deliver to lobby's if a room does not have an outside entrance.

The Lake Buena Vista location is what I've ordered.(and keep the number in my cell phone ;) )

Best... Pizza... Ever...

Thank you! So they deliver to OKW? We will not have a car.

Best... Pizza... Ever...

Our last Giordano's pizza trip left us cold. We had one of each deep dish and thin crust. The thin crust tasted like they threw sauce on a ready made crust and the deep dish was "off." This was in April, we ate in, called ahead still had to wait a very long time. Has anyone else noticed their quality sliding? The only menu item we were happy with (Ok, besides the beers) were the mozzarella sticks.

Bobbi

We eat in for most of the vacation week.

We "splurge" and do 1 character breakfast and 1 nice dinner out. We will grab lunch if we are out and about. I usually plan the meals ahead and order from a delivery place.

cheryl

we always have a car, and eat the same whether in a studio, or 1bdrm & up. the only time we eat out more is on non-DVC stays (and there isn't a microwave in room).
for me, b'fast is usually a krispy kreme (shush - i waited a long time to be an adult, and can when, what, and where i want - and that includes fritos or ice cream for dinner ;)). and lots and lots of coffee, in room.
DH eats more (he'll have micro pancakes, toaster strudels, etc), DD eats fruit. lunch/dinner can be a precooked roasted chicken, sandwiches, frozen meals/pot pies, etc.
we eat out in a disney restaurant only a few times (in 10-14 days), usually just hitting our faves once or twice:
- tangerine cafe for a late lunch/dinner
- big river grille
- occasionally, coral reef

we really enjoy flippers in crossroads (great flatbreads and pasta), and eat lunch/dinner there a few times.

we rarely cook at home (despite having 2 full kitchens), so not going to start on vacation (imho, cooking is a talent - and i prefer to leave that for ppl who actually have it:)).
resort location isn't an issue....all we need is a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, no matter where we stay or what type of room - everything else is wasted on us.

Our last Giordano's pizza trip left us cold. We had one of each deep dish and thin crust. The thin crust tasted like they threw sauce on a ready made crust and the deep dish was "off." This was in April, we ate in, called ahead still had to wait a very long time. Has anyone else noticed their quality sliding? The only menu item we were happy with (Ok, besides the beers) were the mozzarella sticks.

Bobbi

That's too bad, I know as a company they have had financial struggles (too much expansion, I think)
I had not noticed the drop when I made a Chicago suburb visit in April, but its been nearly a year since I visited Kissimmee...

That's too bad, I know as a company they have had financial struggles (too much expansion, I think)
I had not noticed the drop when I made a Chicago suburb visit in April, but its been nearly a year since I visited Kissimmee...

They did try expanding into Florida and had a place about 1/2 hour from Lithia, which is on the west coast near Tampa. That closed very quickly. We thoroughly have enjoyed their pizzas over the year. I have some restaurant.com coupons, so we will go again, but it has to redeem itself in our eyes.

We bought DVC for the convenience of being able to eat Breakfast in and some lunches and dinner. With a full kitchen it makes meal time more relaxed and much cheaper....:thumbsup2

If DVC did away with kitchens, it would cease to be a home style timeshare, and I would NOT be interested in staying there. It would make it nothing more than a glorified studio with more beds. It would also make it almost impossible to trade out to any other RCI resort, since most timeshare owners EXPECT to have a fully appointed kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter