USO Book Drive Feed Back?

Where did you see the march 21st deadline? We just signed up last week, and are collecting books through the kids' school, and were planning to ship before the end of March - I thought the letter from USO said by May(I guess 60 days), but I wanted to get it done ASAP. I know I read that the GAD program is closed, but if you are already signed up, you will get a voucher once it is complete. Hope that's the case!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

The Sunday, March 21st deadline was on the HON VOP manage accounts page right after I finished the sign-up process, but my email says 60 days too. Now when I log onto my HON VOP account it no longer shows that date, but I'm not taking any chances.

I put out the original email last week and they still haven't personally contact me :( Am hoping it is still valid to be able to do this? How long was it between signing up and getting a response?

I'm sorry to say that it sounds like you missed out. I requested info yesterday off of the HON site, got an email almost immediately, downloaded the kit, then finished the sign-up process on the HON site. I then got a confirmation email. As I understand it, you had to have officially signed up through HON and gotten a confirmation email to be in the system.

Do any of you have the USO Southwest Asia address? We finished collecting our books and need to send them out before the 21st. When I glanced through my paperwork, I thought Alexandra's address was the address to send it to. Anyway, I just emailed her for the address, but just in case I don't hear back from her by tomorrow morning, I'd like to get this off so I can send her all of my confirming info. You can PM me the address if you have it. Thanks!!!

Do any of you have the USO Southwest Asia address? We finished collecting our books and need to send them out before the 21st. When I glanced through my paperwork, I thought Alexandra's address was the address to send it to. Anyway, I just emailed her for the address, but just in case I don't hear back from her by tomorrow morning, I'd like to get this off so I can send her all of my confirming info. You can PM me the address if you have it. Thanks!!!

The address I was given is in Qatar. If this is the one you need I can PM you. I heard back from Alexandra within just a few hours. She seems pretty prompt about getting back to an email.

I don't have the shipping address, as we have not finished our project yet, but did check w/ Alexandra about the March 21st date, and she said that it was not accurate, and we do have the 60 days(we'll be done by end of the month), and said we were signed up already, so even though Disney closed the program, we are fine for getting a voucher. Just wanted to let you know that if it was after the 21st, you'd still be fine!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Thank you! I've got my books, but I was stressed about getting it out in time if I didn't hear back from her tomorrow.

Did you get an email from HON reminding you of the mail-in date being the 21st too? I had seen the 21st on the website, then it disappeared, but now earlier this week I got that email, so I was pretty sure that was the date.

Thank you! I've got my books, but I was stressed about getting it out in time if I didn't hear back from her tomorrow.

Did you get an email from HON reminding you of the mail-in date being the 21st too? I had seen the 21st on the website, then it disappeared, but now earlier this week I got that email, so I was pretty sure that was the date.

I did not get any emails from them, and had a few ? for Alex, including the date after I read your post, so I called her last Fri., and then we played phone tag, but I spoke to her either Mon. or Tues. this week, and she checked my dates in computer, and did verify that I should have till May, but we've already started the book drive, so should be mailing mine next weekend! My date was 60 days - I signed up March 5th/6th-did you sign up a while back?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

The address I was given is in Qatar. If this is the one you need I can PM you. I heard back from Alexandra within just a few hours. She seems pretty prompt about getting back to an email.

Would you go ahead and send me the address? I haven't heard back from Alexandra yet and I'm worried that if I don't get this out before the 21st, I'll be out of luck. I collected 50 books, bought 20 of them new. Did your tool kit say you were going to be sending it to the USO Southwest Asia?

I don't have the shipping address, as we have not finished our project yet, but did check w/ Alexandra about the March 21st date, and she said that it was not accurate, and we do have the 60 days(we'll be done by end of the month), and said we were signed up already, so even though Disney closed the program, we are fine for getting a voucher. Just wanted to let you know that if it was after the 21st, you'd still be fine!

I got this email from HON on Tuesday:

"The date you are scheduled to volunteer as part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program is almost here! This e-mail is a reminder of your commitment to participate in “Story Time from the Front Lines (for residents of the United States only)” opportunity on Mail in before Sunday, March 21, 2010. "

Did you get that too?

I did not get any emails from them, and had a few ? for Alex, including the date after I read your post, so I called her last Fri., and then we played phone tag, but I spoke to her either Mon. or Tues. this week, and she checked my dates in computer, and did verify that I should have till May, but we've already started the book drive, so should be mailing mine next weekend! My date was 60 days - I signed up March 5th/6th-did you sign up a while back?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Looks like our posts crossed paths! No, I signed up March 9th, just hours before they closed the whole thing down. I just left her a message too. Hopefully I'll hear back. I'm in Hawaii, so maybe my email came through at an odd hour her time and it got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks, Cassie! I'll keep you posted :-)

I just mailed my books today. I sent 20 books (there are 3 people signed up in my family) The toolkit says 6-8 books per person.

I think that the ship to address varies on the need. My package was shipped to Kuwait.

I shipped my 8# box out this afternoon and it was only $10.50.

can't wait to get the vouchers!!!

I just mailed my books today. I sent 20 books (there are 3 people signed up in my family) The toolkit says 6-8 books per person.

I think that the ship to address varies on the need. My package was shipped to Kuwait.

I shipped my 8# box out this afternoon and it was only $10.50.

can't wait to get the vouchers!!!

Did you hear back from Alexandra right away? I still haven't heard back. :confused3

I guess I'll just wait, since people are getting different addresses. I hope I really do have 60 days from sign-up and not till March 21st. I left her a voicemail too and didn't hear back. I double checked my junk mail box, deleted box. I'm trying not to get nervous.

Did you hear back from Alexandra right away? I still haven't heard back. :confused3

I guess I'll just wait, since people are getting different addresses. I hope I really do have 60 days from sign-up and not till March 21st. I left her a voicemail too and didn't hear back. I double checked my junk mail box, deleted box. I'm trying not to get nervous.

I did not try emailing her, but when I called the 1st time on Fri., I did not hear back until Mon. pm(I was out so got the message late in the day). I called her back and got voicemail, so ended up calling again on Tues.since she had not called back yet, and got her live. So I'd try emailing again, as she might check those after hrs., but probably not voicemail as much for the weekend.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

I don't want to leave her any more messages/send emails right now. She may think I'm a big pain ;). I guess I'll just wait it out. Oh, I sure hope that 21st date is wrong. One of my emails I printed out does say I have 60 days from today, which was 3/9/10.

Thanks for sharing your info! I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Does anyone have the booklist that could PM it to me? I've lost mine, and cannot access it from the HON page.

Thanks!

Does anyone have the booklist that could PM it to me? I've lost mine, and cannot access it from the HON page.

Thanks!

Here you go.

• Book List – Please choose from the following book list.
o Any book written by Dr. Seuss
o Or from the following recommended books:
 Curious George by H. A. Rey and Margret Rey
 Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
 If you Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Felicia Bond
 The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
 Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth and Laura Huliska-Beith
 How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
 Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
 The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper, George Hauman, and Doris Hauman
 The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
 Where’s Spot by Eric Hill

Would you go ahead and send me the address? I haven't heard back from Alexandra yet and I'm worried that if I don't get this out before the 21st, I'll be out of luck. I collected 50 books, bought 20 of them new. Did your tool kit say you were going to be sending it to the USO Southwest Asia?

I got this email from HON on Tuesday:

"The date you are scheduled to volunteer as part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program is almost here! This e-mail is a reminder of your commitment to participate in “Story Time from the Front Lines (for residents of the United States only)” opportunity on Mail in before Sunday, March 21, 2010. "

Did you get that too?

The only email I got was when I initially signed up on 2/27, and it said I had 60 days from that day to complete the project. I haven't received a reminder email as of yet. I would think that if your sign up/confirmation email said complete within 60 days, that you should be okay. I emailed Alexandra to get the address, and heard back pretty quickly. I haven't mailed my books yet, but plan to on Monday.

The took kit did say that the books would be sent to Southeast Asia, but wasn't specific. I'll PM you the Qatar address.

Here you go.

• Book List – Please choose from the following book list.
o Any book written by Dr. Seuss
o Or from the following recommended books:
 Curious George by H. A. Rey and Margret Rey
 Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
 If you Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Felicia Bond
 The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
 Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth and Laura Huliska-Beith
 How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
 Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
 The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper, George Hauman, and Doris Hauman
 The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
 Where’s Spot by Eric Hill

FYI- I called to ask if other books from If You Give A Mouse... Series were okay, as I think someone else had posted that they had gotten the okay for these, as well as other Eric Carle's - wanted to give people more options for our book drive. Alexandra said yes, that it was really more of a guideline, so I'm collecting others from those series, as well as the How Do Dinosaurs... Series. Also, in case you weren't aware, Kohl's has Dr. Seuss books for their charity for $5 - I picked up a couple the other day!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

FYI- I called to ask if other books from If You Give A Mouse... Series were okay, as I think someone else had posted that they had gotten the okay for these, as well as other Eric Carle's - wanted to give people more options for our book drive. Alexandra said yes, that it was really more of a guideline, so I'm collecting others from those series, as well as the How Do Dinosaurs... Series. Also, in case you weren't aware, Kohl's has Dr. Seuss books for their charity for $5 - I picked up a couple the other day!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Thank you for the further information. I wondered after looking at the list if other books were considered acceptable, so this does help. I looked at the USO website, and the books listed there are different from the ones on the above list. I don't understand why though.

The only email I got was when I initially signed up on 2/27, and it said I had 60 days from that day to complete the project. I haven't received a reminder email as of yet. I would think that if your sign up/confirmation email said complete within 60 days, that you should be okay. I emailed Alexandra to get the address, and heard back pretty quickly. I haven't mailed my books yet, but plan to on Monday.

The took kit did say that the books would be sent to Southeast Asia, but wasn't specific. I'll PM you the Qatar address.

Thanks for all of your help!! I'm going to go ahead and wait till Monday. Maybe Alexandra was out of the office on Friday and I probably shouldn't assume where she would want/need my books sent. You're probably right, since I've got an email that also says 60 days, I'm safe. Keeping my fingers crossed! I'll let you know. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter