V&a

esmerelda51

<font color=blue>LOVES planning WDW trips!!
I am not usually bothered about dining on my own. However, I would really like to eat at V&A because I have never had a 7course dinner anywhere and I figure Disney would be the best place to do this (more relaxed a little less formal). Has anyone ever eaten there solo? If so, how was the experience? Did you miss having someone to oooh and ahhh with.

My guess is it would be neat, you would be able to interact with Victoria and Albert much more, and probably get some unique stories. I would however feel the need to leave a huge tip (50%) since they are a tipped position, and normally their expected nightly earnings are based on at least a $2-300 check. Just my thought. I'd love to do it though.

Here's an oddball question, if your at the Chef's table, do you tip the chef?

Hi esmerelda51,

I have dined at V&A's solo. I had a great time, though it would have been nice to have some one there to share the experince with. I say go for it, you will enjoy it. I would go solo again. I don't know about it being less formal since men are required to wear a jacket. I saw a young couple, teens I thing, that looked like they were wearing their prom clothes though it was september.

Here is the V&A part of my trip report:

After a quick swim and relaxing by the pool, it's time to get ready to go to Victoria and Alberts.
I take the bus to Magic Kingdom and walk over to the resort monorail, to get to the Grand Floridian. While standing in line I remember about the front seat of monorail. As it pulls up I see there is a family up there already, oh well. At the Contemporary they get off, so I ask if I could ride up front. Driver says sure. So I scurry uf front. what a veiw. Huge window give you veiw of every thing. At next stop a family joins me and we talk. They are from NJ and live about ten miles from my sister. I get to the Grand Floridianwith about an hour before my reservation. As I enter I see the sitting room. It is huge with massive chandarleers hanging from domed stained glass windows. A pianist was playing there but soon left. The grand stair case was just that grand. I sit there in one of the easy chairswaiting for my reservation time to come. A band starts to play as I relax.
At tweenty of six, I make my way to V&A's. At five forty five they open and I am seated. The materdee says that Victoria will be over to give me my menu. The dining room is small and very cozy. You are seated in a captains chair. Your victoria places your napkin in your lap. Then asks about wine or a drink. She fills your water glass and goes to get your menu. You are given an envalope like card with your name on it.when you open it you see the menu. The menu changes dailly and your name is printed on it. Victoria explains the choses to you and says that you will have to make all your choses at once. She leaves to give you time to deside. When she returns I give her my choses.
The first apperizer is already chosen it was Amuse Bouche. I forget how she descided it but it was two small peices of beef with little bit of herbs very tasty. The next cold appertizer I chose to have the Minnesota Elk Carpacio with Apple-Fennel Salad. The Elk was sliced paper thin and aranged around the salad. It was kind of hard to get off the plate also very good. For my hot appertizer I chose the Jombo Scallop over Roasted Beets and Yuzu Beurre Blanc. One scallop sauteed with mix vegitable that was delicious. The soup course was next and I had the Cashew Cream. This was the best soup I ever have had. I could have made a whole meal of just this. Your entree comes now and I pick the Colorado Lamb with heirloom Tomato Ragout. The lamb was cook medium rare and very delicious. Bread was also served with your meal and the butter was pressed into the V&A monogram. Victoria would keep bringing a roll every time I finished one . After three I decided to leave the next one she brought. The cheese course consisted of Vachern Fribourgeois, Passendale and English Stilton with burgundy Poached Pear. One was a swiss, Another was a blue cheese and I don't remember the third but it was so mild that it could only be eaten alone. I am not a blue cheese fan but all the cheeses were great. Finaliy the dessert and I chose the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee. It was out standing, a perfect ending to a great meal. Just this and the cashew crean soup were worth the money. I will come here again.
As I leave I check the time. I spent one hour and fory-five minutes there. It may seem like a long time but only one other couple, who came in at the same time, left before me. They were a young couple in their late teens and dressed to the nines. If I was with some one I'm sure i would have been there alot longer. The time was important be cause if it was after eight, it meant that the buses wouldn't be running. I would have to find an indirect route like monorail to TTC then monorail to EPCOT and bus to AMos. But it was seven thirty-five so much easier. I recomand Victoria and Alberts to anyone who has the money, very enjoyable.
------------------------

Now you got me wanting to really go there.. .what a great report... sounds like you had a great time, bobmouse, and the food sounds absolutely exquisite.

Originally posted by jdwright13
Here's an oddball question, if your at the Chef's table, do you tip the chef?

You do not tip the chef at the Chef's Table. We always leave a large-ish tip there, though, just b/c the Chef's Table is that Victoria & that Albert's only table for the night. Since the area seats up to 12, and when we go there are only 2 of us, we think it's appropriate to leave a tip that's on the larger side. Especially since the service is always wonderful! On our trip this month, we ate at the V&A's private room for our wedding reception on that Monday, then at the Chef's Table that Wednesday. It was so neat, b/c our Victoria & Albert from Monday night remembered us and came over to say hi.
I think that you'll have a good time going solo, even though it is fun to have someone to ooh and aah with :)
Cheers!
Heather W

I ate there years ago and it was wonderful! I have always wanted to go back. Maybe I will go solo! Wonder if anyone wants to go during DISCON?

I've never eaten there at all and I think I would like to try it solo.

Bobmouse, I loved your trip report :)

Thanks I am glad you liked my report. I would love to dine there again and will. I like trying different places so not on this next trip but mabe the one after.

Happy Dinning, Bobºoº

Thanks for the report. I'm really thinking about this now. Last weekend I found a beautiful long formal dress and it was on sale for 75% off. It was like it was made for just me.Never have any occasion to wear it, but just had to have it. I figure it this way: never went to the prom and never had a wedding. So this will be my chance to get all "DOLLED" up. Does anyone think I'm nuts? Who knows I may even go on a Disney 7 day Cruise one day so I may need the dress then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter