• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation 2022 Questions (ABD or Cruise)

I suggest the Greece ABD!! It is an amazing trip! I've taken 11 ABDs, and Greece remains my #2 favorite trip. (It was #1 until I did the Japan ABD). Greece is really amazing, and the ABD trip is just a superb combination of fabulous sights, wonderful activities, fascinating history, INCREDIBLE food, and amazing hotels/resorts!

You won't be sorry!!

Sayhello
Now you've got me all excited! We were booked for ABD Greece in May 2020 and, of course, it was cancelled. We are now planning to do that trip for May 2022 (and anxiously awaiting the 2022 itineraries to be released in a few months).

Now you've got me all excited! We were booked for ABD Greece in May 2020 and, of course, it was cancelled. We are now planning to do that trip for May 2022 (and anxiously awaiting the 2022 itineraries to be released in a few months).
Oh, yay! You are so going to love this trip! And the weather was great in May. It was humid in a couple of places (Akrotiri, the museum at Delphi), but the rest of the time was lovely!

Feel free to ask any questions you'd like!

Sayhello

Oh, yay! You are so going to love this trip! And the weather was great in May. It was humid in a couple of places (Akrotiri, the museum at Delphi), but the rest of the time was lovely!

Feel free to ask any questions you'd like!

Sayhello
We are booked for June 2021... fingers crossed it will go!

I know I'm a little late to the comments here, but having done both cruises and many ABDs, I would consider the ages of your youngest two in the decision. We did cruises when my girls were younger because at the time the minimum age for ABDs was 8, and while they (ABD) will now allow some younger kids, there is still a pretty good reason for the older age recommendations. While the trips are super family-friendly, the itineraries tend to be long, busy days or include long bus rides that might be harder on little ones if they aren't used to active vacations. Cruises have a different pace, and the option of childcare if the kids need a break (or you need a break from them). My youngest was 9 on our first ABD, and I think that was a good age to start. Another option to consider is taking just the older kids and leaving the younger ones with relatives. My girls had different spring breaks last year, so I have planned an ABD with just one daughter and I to Italy. We were really bummed that it was cancelled and didn't get to have our mother-daughter adventure.

Hello! I am asking for suggestion/opinions for our 2022 family vacation. I want to do one of the following two things:
1) an Adventurers by Disney trip or
2) a Disney cruise (ideally to Greece)

At the time of travel, our children will be 14, 12, 6, and 8. So based on the two options I listed above,
1) can someone recommend an ABD trip that might be fun for all ages I mentioned? I prefer Europe or Asian (not Japan)
2) does anyone know if Disney plans to cruise to Greece in Summer 2022?

Thanks!
We did ABD to Alaska. WONDERFUL. Went to Anchorage two days early. First day we hired a pilot to fly us over the mudflats and look at wildlife etc. This was $100.00 each. We ate dinner when we got back. Next morning flew to Barrow via Prudhoe Bay (Dead Horse). (PB is the inception of the Alaska Pipeline.) We took a tour of Barrow seeing where they whale, to the military site, to see the Eskimo Museum, to a grocery, to see the underground "refrigerators" where whale meat is stored, and ate at Top of the World (best breakfast EVER!). Met the nicest people in the world!! AND before we left we did the Polar Plunge in Barrow, the northern most point of the continent. AMAZING!! Water was 27 degrees as it does not freeze until 22 due to all the salt. Same evening flew back to Anchorage. Next morning went to airport to meet our ABD group of 30 people with two guides. You can read about the trip on the ABD website but I guanteee it is more amazing than it reads. A wonderful trip that I would like to repeat after doing a coupke other ABD trips. (You may hike, bike, float boat, walk etc. Alternate choices if you do not want to do. You see all things you would expect to see from whales up close and all other forms of animal life in Alaska. The ride on the train is exceptional. Our guides were outstanding.) Can't speak with knowledge about the ABD to Greece as I have never taken that trip. I give Alaska ABD 10 of 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter