Vacation Village at Parkway

amandolin

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm going in a couple weeks. It looks like the 2 bedroom is like 2 1 bedroom units with a combined doorway.

If you have, do you have any tips??

We stayed there a few years ago in a 2 bedroom. It was nice. It worked out great because my husband and I were traveling with my parents. The shared hallway with the two units being separate was great for two couples traveling together for privacy. The pools tend to be a little shady because of the taller buildings so we had to switch around our pool chairs to get some sun throughout the day.

Copied and pasted from my post a couple of weeks after my April 2017 stay:

We have stayed there twice in 1 bedroom A sides through RCI. It is really a great value TPU wise! The first time (2010) was in bldg 4; the second (last month) was in bldg 18. We were on the first floor both times. If you park at the end of the building (instead of in the middle where the main entry/foyer is), you can park right at the door on the end (accessed with a card key).

A sides are 1000 sq feet, have a full kitchen, washer/dryer and sleep 4 (1 sofa bed in LR, 1 king in the bedroom). B sides are 500 sq feet, have a partial kitchen, some have a washer/dryer and also sleep 4 (1 sofa bed in LR and a queen in the bedroom). A two bedroom unit is an A side and B side together. The A and B are connected to each other through a center foyer with a locking door to each unit and a locking door to the main building hallway. I hope this makes sense.

We asked for bldg 18 this time because we wanted a fireworks view. You can make building requests 2 weeks before your check in date via phone or email. The check in person thought we could see the fireworks from the first floor - NOT. All we could see were the landscaping trees. It wasn't that big a deal to us. The beautiful unit was updated with a flat screen tv and granite counters and was super clean. You can hear the highway noise in bldg 18, so we brought along a sound machine to block it. Bldg 18/19 had its own pool and jacuzzi. In 2010, bldg 4 wasn't as updated (big box tv, laminate counters), but it was still nicely decorated and super clean. At VVP there is one pool with hot tub for every 2-3 buildings. The buildings kind of surround each pool. The bldg 4 pool looked nice but we had 2 waterpark days that trip so never used the condo pool. DH did take the kids to the VVP gameroom, and they liked it.

The complex itself is very big and spread out. We wouldn't have wanted to walk from bldg 18 to any of the other buildings. The location is awesome. There is a Publix just down 192 and across the street. There were NO traffic back ups going to or coming home from the parks over busy Easter week. It literally only took 5 minutes to get from VV@P to the Disney gate! We had our own car, so we didn't use the shuttle. We also didn't participate in any of the resort activities. We were there for DD's softball team's Disney's High School Spring Training and the parks.

We've also stayed at WBC, which is very popular on this board. Both resorts are super close to the parks. I think the decor, condo size, cleanliness, activities, and proximity to the parks are very similar for both properties. WBC has a bit more of a resort feel due to the lazy river, themed pirate pool and the snackbar/bar/restaurant. VV@P is in the process of building a lazy river, which will close the gap some. And VV@P is a much more economical trade.

Feel free to ask me any questions. After 2 positive experiences, we would stay there again.

We have stayed here a few times over the past several years. For the most part, we think it's a good place to stay. The rooms are nice and the proximity do WDW is awesome. There are also lots of restaurants around and the Publix isn't too far away either.

Here are a couple of my "cons":
1. If you don't come back to the resort until later in the evening, you might be parking a fair distance from your building.
2. When you check in, they will send you to another desk to get your parking permit. At that point, they will ask you if you want to do a presentation. They will give you a free breakfast (to be fair, it was a good breakfast) and then you tour one of the rooms and give them some feedback. 90 minutes they say. After the tour, they give you a very high-pressured timeshare pitch. It can end up taking upwards of 3 hours. It would be my recommendation that you firmly decline this offer and tell them you just want your parking pass.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again in the future.

Have a great trip!

Thsnks
We have stayed here a few times over the past several years. For the most part, we think it's a good place to stay. The rooms are nice and the proximity do WDW is awesome. There are also lots of restaurants around and the Publix isn't too far away either.

Here are a couple of my "cons":
1. If you don't come back to the resort until later in the evening, you might be parking a fair distance from your building.
2. When you check in, they will send you to another desk to get your parking permit. At that point, they will ask you if you want to do a presentation. They will give you a free breakfast (to be fair, it was a good breakfast) and then you tour one of the rooms and give them some feedback. 90 minutes they say. After the tour, they give you a very high-pressured timeshare pitch. It can end up taking upwards of 3 hours. It would be my recommendation that you firmly decline this offer and tell them you just want your parking pass.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again in the future.

Have a great trip!
Thanks for the tips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter