Vaccines now mandatory 12 and up for Disney cruises

Moderna is one of the 3 approved in US. And Moderna/AZ listed as fully vaccinated 14 days after second dose. You are considered fully vaccinated in US.
Unfortunately, if you have one AZ and one Moderna, this isn't the case.

Moderna is one of the 3 approved in US. And Moderna/AZ listed as fully vaccinated 14 days after second dose. You are considered fully vaccinated in US.
The US doesn't recognize mixing Moderna and AZ as being fully vaccinated, nor does DCL according to the last bullet point:

"Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) are not considered fully vaccinated."

We have a cruise in November and January, no emails yet.

I deleted my post since I realize the email I got was forwarded from my TA as "Dear Guest," so I'm not positive if that was directly for me and my January cruise or if she was just sharing info that she received for someone else cruising in that time frame. Sorry about that!

As others have pointed out this is sadly not the case :( Hopefully the CDC will change their stance soon when they have done more research. There is also the very real possibility that we will need a booster in a few months so getting a second Moderna *should* put us in the fully vaxxed column then.

From DCL
  • Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information
    August 24, 2021

Our focus remains on operating our ships in a responsible way that continues to create magic for all on board. We are resuming sailing in a gradual, phased approach that emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures, developed in consideration of guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts. Learn more about what to expect—including experience updates and details about our multi-layered approach to health and safety.
    Sailings to The Bahamas September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021
    For sailings to the Bahamas beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021, The Bahamas will require that all passengers ages 12 and older be fully vaccinated in order for a ship to be allowed entry into any of its cruise ports, including private islands like Disney Castaway Cay. To comply with this new requirement, all Guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to board the ship. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers people to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose has been administered. Guests must provide proof of vaccination by uploading their vaccination card to the Safe Passage by Inspire website no later than 24 hours before their sailing. Guests who choose not to provide proof of vaccination to meet the requirements of The Bahamas will not be permitted to board the ship.
    Guests under the age of 12 must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date by uploading their test results to the Safe Passage by Inspire website. They will also be required to undergo a second PCR COVID-19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal prior to boarding.
    Guests on a sailing to The Bahamas (including Disney Castaway Cay) departing from September 3, 2021 to prior to November 1, 2021 may modify their sail date or cancel their sailing without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees by contacting our reservations team at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797 by September 3, 2021. Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining additional details and next steps.
    Disney Fantasy will Resume Sailings from Florida in September
    As we continue to resume sailings in a gradual, phased approach, it is necessary for us to cancel the September 4, 2021, Disney Fantasy sailing. Guests who have paid their reservation in full have been offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.
    The Disney Fantasy will resume sailing beginning September 11, 2021, with 4-night cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida. These 4-night sailings will be available to book beginning August 25, 2021. During this initial phase, the Disney Fantasy will only visit Disney Castaway Cay, our private island in The Bahamas. We hope to resume 7-night voyages or longer onboard the Disney Fantasy in October and look forward to sharing more information with Guests soon.
    Guests currently booked on seven-night Disney Fantasy voyages that depart Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 25 and Oct. 2 will have their reservations automatically transitioned to the new four-night itineraries, which will have the same departure dates. These Guests will be refunded the difference in cost of the voyage fare, taxes, fees, and port expenses, and Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Guests that remain on their original sail date will receive a $400 non-refundable onboard credit per stateroom that can be used toward onboard purchases. These Guests will also receive a 25% discount that can be applied to most future sailings taken by September 30, 2022. This discount will be available once Guests return from their 4-night sailing. Guests may also choose to cancel their reservation and receive a full refund.
    Impacted Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps. Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.
    Disney Dream Sailings
    As previously shared, the Disney Dream is currently sailing in The Bahamas, offering a mix of 3- and 4-night itineraries from Port Canaveral.
    Disney Magic and Disney Wonder Sailings
    The Disney Magic is sailing in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages exclusive to UK residents. Learn More
    We continue to prepare the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder to welcome Guests once again in U.S. waters and we look forward to sharing more information soon.

Right now, DCL has it narrowly applying to cruises to the Bahamas from 9/3 through 11/1. So technically, your Alaskan cruise will not be impacted. But I do expect this requirement will extend beyond the current parameters.
Maybe I have mis read some articles, or they haven't been worded well, but I thought this was applicable to all cruises going forward, not just those going to the Bahamas.

Coming from Canada we are in a similar position in that our 13 yr old DD is now fully vaccinated with Pfizer but both DH and I have AZ/Moderna so fully vaccinated here but not according to the US CDC so we still can't cruise 🤦😈

Yeah I was thinking of Canadian folks when I read the email. A good what, 1/3 of Canada has a mix of AZ as their 1st shot and then the 2nd mRNA? They're basically alienating millions of Canadians with this (current) guideline.
Same with Europe (UK in particular).. And Latin America? They're basically banned from cruising for the time being as most ppl there were/are vaccinated with Sputnik and/or Sinopharm (may god help them). But tbf there's only a handful of passengers from Latin America on any given cruise.
I hope DCL amends this soon, as you say... because Canadians comprise at least 10% of DCL passengers especially during summer & Xmas/Spring break...

Maybe I have mis read some articles, or they haven't been worded well, but I thought this was applicable to all cruises going forward, not just those going to the Bahamas.
The mandate came from the Bahamas and Disney has now adopted it across the board.

Read insureman's post directly above yours. It's the wording from DCL, and the verbage about vaccine requirements are directly tied to Bahamas sailings between 9/3 and 11/1.

Yeah I was thinking of Canadian folks when I read the email. A good what, 1/3 of Canada has a mix of AZ as their 1st shot and then the 2nd mRNA? They're basically alienating millions of Canadians with this (current) guideline.
Same with Europe (UK in particular).. And Latin America? They're basically banned from cruising for the time being as most ppl there were/are vaccinated with Sputnik and/or Sinopharm (may god help them). But tbf there's only a handful of passengers from Latin America on any given cruise.
I hope DCL amends this soon, as you say... because Canadians comprise at least 10% of DCL passengers especially during summer & Xmas/Spring break...

People in the UK so far have been vaccinated with 2 jabs of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna.
As far as I am aware we have thus far not mixed any vaccines. However, the UK will be rolling out booster jabs to those that are CEV starting next month. I think it is possible the booster may not be the same as the original jab that was given earlier this year.

Sooo any bets on when we will know if the remaining 7 days fantasy in October will stay 7 days?

Right now, DCL has it narrowly applying to cruises to the Bahamas from 9/3 through 11/1. So technically, your Alaskan cruise will not be impacted. But I do expect this requirement will extend beyond the current parameters.
I was disappointed that it was only applied to Bahamian cruises. I'm on a cruise from SD in October and was hoping it would have the same vax requirement

This new announcement is directly related to the announcement from the Bahamas. Sailings out of WA already require vaccines according to that state government. DCL didn't do AK sailings this year, so they didn't need to specify a policy for those sailings.

Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the state of California has also enacted a vaccine requirement for cruising so those voyages would require vaccine proof too.

I was disappointed that it was only applied to Bahamian cruises. I'm on a cruise from SD in October and was hoping it would have the same vax requirement
Disney hasn't released any protocols at all for the Wonder cruises so we really don't know what to expect there. At this point it would be the only Disney ship sailing without a vaccine requirement if they do choose to make it optional.

This new announcement is directly related to the announcement from the Bahamas. Sailings out of WA already require vaccines according to that state government. DCL didn't do AK sailings this year, so they didn't need to specify a policy for those sailings.
The rule in Washington State only applies to ships sailing with fewer than 250 passengers, so it doesn't apply to cruise ships. I don't know of any similar regulation in California. It's likely that neither state has the legal authority to regulate large cruise ships in that way (although that doesn't mean they won't try).

The rule in Washington State (actually I think it's Seattle proper) only applies to ships sailing with fewer than 200 passengers, so it doesn't apply to cruise ships. I don't know of any similar regulation in California. It's likely that neither state has the legal authority to regulate cruise ships in that way (although that doesn't mean they won't try).
If the Florida stay is seen as precedent, then I agree that the state would be seen as overstepping. If a state can't forbid vaccines then it also can't require maybe.

And, I realize I should correct myself. I think the Alaska cruises were allowed to sail due to the PVSA exception. For that, they have to adhere to the CSO which requires the 95/98 vaccination rate.

Honestly, the whole situation is so hard to keep track of with all the different regulations applied to different states, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter