Valentine's Day Countdown!

True North

Mouseketeer
Anyone else panicing that Valentine's Day is only 2 days away? We don't do anything really big for Valentine's Day (tend to stick with birthdays and anniversary) but I still have to get on the ball. Anyone want to share their big plans?

Big plans? Who has big plans? VD is on a tuesday this year. UGH! I did plan ahead though. Since my sweetie lives far (we do the long distance thing) I sent him and his girls a package last week. Along with the gifts I also sent a box filled with hershey "hugs" and "kisses" for all the ones I wouldn't be there to give. But because VD falls during the week we wont be doing anything for it. Im gonna wait and see what he plans for the weekend though.

Valentine's Day BAH HUMBUG!! LOL!! Yeah, Yeah.. it's my screenname.. and guess what.. It's My REAL name too!!!!! So.. all day long.. no.. make that ALL month long I get.. Oh... Valentine... Valentine's Day must be sooooo special for you... Well, it ain't!! :furious: Never has been.. BUT I do hold out hope that someday it will be!!!! :cheer2:

Ummmm... do I sound bitter? :confused3

:lmao:

Kathy

Valentine said:
Valentine's Day BAH HUMBUG!! LOL!! Yeah, Yeah.. it's my screenname.. and guess what.. It's My REAL name too!!!!! So.. all day long.. no.. make that ALL month long I get.. Oh... Valentine... Valentine's Day must be sooooo special for you... Well, it ain't!! :furious: Never has been.. BUT I do hold out hope that someday it will be!!!! :cheer2:

Kathy

Paging bitter, paging bitter....pity party for 1. j/k

haha! Well, I thought this thread might get a better responce. :) I vote we all just take Valentine out to a bar and find her a woman instead. Who's with me?

Hey Kathy-

Check this out: Val's birthday is on Valentine's Day. She absolutely hates it. Way not to feel special on your birthday. So you have company in not liking the holiday.

What will you be doing TrueNorth?

Me and Val are both working all day, then we will be going to Le Deux, which is right next to our place for drinks and food!

True North said:
haha! Well, I thought this thread might get a better responce. :) I vote we all just take Valentine out to a bar and find her a woman instead. Who's with me?

Gee.. thanks! You are all so sweet :)

And btw.. I REALLY don't hate Valentines day all THAT much ... I actually LOVE all holidays.. and buy lots of presents for everyone else! :sunny: I was just being my funny self! :) :lmao: HOWEVER.. if you want to hook me up with a sweet loving woman.. hey.. no protest here! :thumbsup2

Hey Gen.. tell Val Happy Birthday for me :)

And to everyone else.. Happy Valentine's day from me.. your TRUE Valentine :)

Kathy

joanjett1976 said:
What will you be doing TrueNorth?

Well, I don't have any class tomorrow so I have the whole day off while Will is at work. This means I am in charge of all the plans. My plan is to make a maple and orange glazed cornish game hen. Now, I have never cooked a hen before, and I have no idea if either of us even like it, but Will has constantly said he thinks it would be cute if we had one. (I don't get it, but oh well...) I have told him no many times before. While I am not a vegitarian, I have little hope of cooking things that look like an animal. I love turky and thanksgiving, but I cook all the other stuff while he does the bird. I decided tomorow I will suck it up and try to go for it. I will make sure I have a lot of sides and wine on hand however so I'm sure we will be happy no matter what.

But that's about it. We don't do gifts on Valentines, which sounds a little sad but sure makes things easier. We have too many gift ocassions already! I'm sure we will just rent a movie, and have a quiet night in.

I'm going to do the usual.... I watch scary movies on V day every year. It's been a tradition since my rebellious teenage years. I know, it sounds pretty strange but, I would rather watch Freddy Kruger than stuff my face with chocolate!! :teeth:

Sure Noah, rub it in!!! ;) Your dinner sounds impressive ... I hope it turns out ok. I'm making salmon tomorrow night (alone) so there will be no Valentine's Day celebration at my house. So I'll have some salmon, a little wine and if I want to be really pathetic I'll look through some old photo albums at pictures of my ex!!! I'm kidding of course. I'm a true romantic so I'm happy for all of you that will be enjoying the day with someone else.

Valentine said:

Kathy

Valentine, I repeat, "We have to find you a woman!"

Viki said:
Valentine, I repeat, "We have to find you a woman!"

So then get on it already! LOL!! I mean.. it's not like you are busy finishing your trip report! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

(inside joke folks!)

Kathy

What's Valentine's Day?

Just kidding. Kevin and I have no 'romantic plans' for this evening. I want to head to TrueNorth's place - his dinner sounds yummy. We are having left over pulled pork, coleslaw and garlic bread.

I like to think I'm creative. I like to think I'm romantic. I guess those two things aren't intersecting because I always forget about VD. Um, that is Valentine's Day.

So to everyone - Happy VD!

Randall

:rainbow:

Hisselfness and I have never done anything for valentine's day, in all our years together. Well, maybe this year I'll reconsider and do something special in honor of the day, like pick my socks up off the floor and put them in the hamper.

iankh said:
Hisselfness and I have never done anything for valentine's day, in all our years together. Well, maybe this year I'll reconsider and do something special in honor of the day, like pick my socks up off the floor and put them in the hamper.

Careful, you get black marks on your man card for that!

Happy Vaentine's Day to those who celebrate. Me, I am single tonight as DH left for Tampa this morning. I am hoping he makes it up to me after I get back from my WDW trip, oh maybe he is, I am going solo (again!).

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :love:

We debated going out for dinner, but decided a nice evening at home sounded better. We're also doing the cornish hens (well, Linda is actually cooking - I'll open the wine and make the salad - I'm so very handy around the kitchen). After dinner, we're planning a romantic evening watching the Westminster Kennel Club dog show (strange folks we are).

I hope all friends on this board enjoy the day!

This is my sweety and my first Valentines together. We wanted to make it special. We're in the middle of renovating our new place, moving out of our old place, living in boxes, with lots of stress and mess. So today we're spending the day together, no work at either place. We're capping the evening off by going to a small out of the way Italian restaurant, a very romantic place.

We'll probably go out for coffee or walk down to the beach, if the weather holds. I live in Toronto, near the lake, so it's not far. As long as it's not too cold, a moonlight stroll along the boardwalk is a nice way to cap the evening.

We're going out to dinner tonight. Just a cheap place, since we're blowing money out the window on our new home.

I did make chocolate covered strawberries last night for him though.

I always pick up my clothes in the morning and put them in the laundry chute, so I can't say I would do the sock routine! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Valentine's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter