Vanessa- figmentfan814 ~ Happily Ever Wedding & 10th Anniversary VR Brunch #1 Added 8-10

Vanessa great installment! That is hysterical about the drive thru! :rotfl2: It sounds like something I think my DF is going to do but his choice would be Taco Bell! Can you imagine?!?!?:rotfl:

Wow that's a long day! I'm sure your adrenaline got you through it.

Great update! That's so something I would do, going through McD's drive thru! I did that after the prom my senior year of HS in a limo! :rotfl:

The girls at McDonald's :lmao: Glad you had a wonderful day, can't wait to hear more and about the MK shoot.
The MK shoot was a lot of fun, I only have one day in between to talk about and we went to CRT that evening for dinner, so stay tuned.

Vanessa great installment! That is hysterical about the drive thru! :rotfl2: It sounds like something I think my DF is going to do but his choice would be Taco Bell! Can you imagine?!?!?:rotfl:
Hey, there's one of those in the Crossings too, so I guess you would be in luck :goodvibes

Wow that's a long day! I'm sure your adrenaline got you through it.

Great update! That's so something I would do, going through McD's drive thru! I did that after the prom my senior year of HS in a limo! :rotfl:
I guess then that's a tradition you need to continue. I only wish that we still had our limo at that time of night instead of being stuck in our rental car :upsidedow

Oh my. I don't think I would have been as good natured as you trudging all over the place to get the license signed!

Nor as good natured as they to have to wake up to do it!

But McDonald's is a place I must give myself an excuse to go to, and your excuse was the best ever!

I just want to say that you are the most gracious and good-humored bride I can possibly imagine!
:goodvibes

oh...and also, we are planning on having our DP at lower UK. I think I will freak if I have to trudge thru a turnstile in my dress! Definitely going to talk to the planner about that one. :scared1:

You mentioned Kid in You isn't a DP option anymore.
There is one called "You're a Kid at Heart" but it isn't like yours.
I think the closest to yours is now called Desserts Created by You. :confused3

Vanessa,
Geez woman! I go to see the mouse for a week and when I get back your done with your wedding! I'm so sad that it's almost over, but happy at the same time to see it all. On a side note, we will have to continue to PM each other after your trippie is over...I would love to meet up with you and Kris in MI sometime for a weekend or something! :hug:
I loved this installment from the fireworks pictures right down to the candids from other peoples' cameras. Kris is such a sweetheart. Your suprise was beautiful and so thoughtful to boot. The fact that he tried so hard to get it there made it that much better too! :love: I love that he tried to have the plate of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne sent up to your room for the night too. Brad wanted to do that, but we were so exhausted that it would have been a waste. We did get roomservice however a bit after midnight. I got french onion soup and he got a burger...they stay open all night at the GF. Believe me...we were very grateful for that one.
Can't wait to see the rest!

Anna Marie

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I've been gone for a few days. I was out of town for work for several days and my grandma's been in the hospital (nothing too serious, it took a while to find the source, but she's having her galbladder out in the morning)

On the positive side, I have been able to type up 4 more days of my report in Word. I'm slowly going through and adding in the photos to actually have the posts ready, but I should be able to get these up relatively quickly :banana:

Oh my. I don't think I would have been as good natured as you trudging all over the place to get the license signed!

Nor as good natured as they to have to wake up to do it!

But McDonald's is a place I must give myself an excuse to go to, and your excuse was the best ever!
I think I was just looking for an excuse to keep the wedding day going :goodvibes Thankfully, no one was too grumpy after getting woken up, but I know my matron of honor had been waiting around for us, so I'm glad she wasn't too upset :) The McDonald's trip will definitely go down as a family story for years to come :rotfl:

I just want to say that you are the most gracious and good-humored bride I can possibly imagine!
:goodvibes

oh...and also, we are planning on having our DP at lower UK. I think I will freak if I have to trudge thru a turnstile in my dress! Definitely going to talk to the planner about that one. :scared1:

You mentioned Kid in You isn't a DP option anymore.
There is one called "You're a Kid at Heart" but it isn't like yours.
I think the closest to yours is now called Desserts Created by You. :confused3
Thank you! :goodvibes

You should have a great view in the UK since that's right near where we were at for ours :)

I'm sure they probably would've let me go through the side thing for wheelchairs and strollers, but I didn't even think of it at the time, I'm sure they'll be accomodating, so you're not stuck doing the same thing :goodvibes
So, what menu have you decided on for your DP? I know they used to outsource a lot of the cookies and bars, so maybe Disney is doing more of them in-house now :confused:

Vanessa,
Geez woman! I go to see the mouse for a week and when I get back your done with your wedding! I'm so sad that it's almost over, but happy at the same time to see it all. On a side note, we will have to continue to PM each other after your trippie is over...I would love to meet up with you and Kris in MI sometime for a weekend or something! :hug:
I loved this installment from the fireworks pictures right down to the candids from other peoples' cameras. Kris is such a sweetheart. Your suprise was beautiful and so thoughtful to boot. The fact that he tried so hard to get it there made it that much better too! :love: I love that he tried to have the plate of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne sent up to your room for the night too. Brad wanted to do that, but we were so exhausted that it would have been a waste. We did get roomservice however a bit after midnight. I got french onion soup and he got a burger...they stay open all night at the GF. Believe me...we were very grateful for that one.
Can't wait to see the rest!

Anna Marie
I'll definitely keep in touch; it would be fun to do a MidWest meetup, maybe we could even get some other brides in on the fun too :thumbsup2 I totally forgot that you were going to be gone at Disney of all places; I'm so jealous :)

I wish that I would have known about the room service being open late; I guess we didn't need the McDonald's trip after all :laughing: :rotfl: :laughing:

The next morning we slept in as late as possible without missing the concierge breakfast. Kris actually had to run down ahead of me to get us plates.
Dancing-Moving084.jpg

While I was getting ready my maid of honor called because somehow her family didn’t hear that we had decided not to do the brunch at 1900 Park Fare. I had even called the restaurant that morning to leave a message for them about our group not being able to come to brunch. I asked if she wanted Kris and I to come down and she said not to worry about it that they would catch up with us later. I felt so bad that they hadn’t heard at the DP; I tired to talk to everyone but it was inevitable that we would have missed someone. We had over half the people that were originally planning to attend that couldn’t make it because of the time of their Magical Express pickups, plus with everyone so tired from the night before it didn’t make sense to try to squeeze it in that morning.

Around the same time I got a text message from my matron of honor who was at the airport getting ready to head back to MI. She sent it to all of the girls in the bridal party and said that she looked forward to Kris and mine 10th anniversary being celebrated at WDW too!

After breakfast Kris and I called my parents to see if they were already at the park yet or not. Everyone was going to the Magic Kingdom, so it was fun to just jump on the monorail for a short trip to get there. On the ride over we ran into another couple that had just gotten married. The groom asked if we had our “special gift” and I said no that we hadn’t gotten it. He showed off his to us. We chatted for a few minutes and then when we arrived at the park we went our separate ways. It’s too bad it wasn’t a bride that I knew from the boards.

When they walked away Kris asked why we hadn’t gotten that gift. I never mentioned it to him because I wanted it to be a surprise; I told him that I would have to check to see. I ended up asking Marion’s assistant after we got home and it turned out that she forgets it a lot. We were mailed the gift a month after the wedding, but at least we got it. I don’t want to reveal too much as a spoiler to future brides. Just don’t be shy about asking for your gift since they are suppose to give it to all the couples, I think it just slips their mind sometimes.

I had forgotten my bride ears in a bag of stuff from the dessert party that had been sent back to my parents’ room, so our first day officially married and I was earless :sad2: We had put on our Just Married pins and it was neat to hear so many of the cast members saying congratulations to us.

When we first arrived we took the train to the back where we rode the two mountains.
Dancing-Moving087.jpg

We got off in Frontier Land where we rode Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain before meeting up with the family.
Dancing-Moving090.jpg

Dancing-Moving091.jpg

Dancing-Moving088.jpg

We met my parents and some of the family at the shooting gallery where my dad and cousin were having a competition we then headed off to the castle where we got a group shot before heading off to Tomorrowland. This was one of the shots that we got off PhotoPass CD.
Groupshot.jpg

As you can see it was really starting to get dark outside.
KV.jpg

My cousin and his girlfriend had ran into the Dream Squad when they were coming in that morning. They gave away the night in the castle to a couple that was right in front of them; they were so close to one of the best dreams! I joked with him and said that since it was the week of my wedding he would have had to share with us!

We got a fastpass for Buzz Lightyevar then jumped on one of my favorite rides the Peoplemover.
Dancing-Moving099.jpg

My mom and dad:
Dancing-Moving098.jpg

100_0669.jpg

We then went on Buzz Lightyear where I actually scored high enough to move into the second category which has never happened to me! I finally hit one of the 100,000 targets.
Dancing-Moving096.jpg

Dancing-Moving094.jpg

After that my cousin and his girlfriend came with Kris and I to ride Space Mountain. By this time, my aunt and other cousin had called my mom and they were heading in our direction to meet up too.

Since we had gotten such a late start it was already mid-afternoon at this point, so we decided to head towards the front of the park stopping at Pirates of the Caribbean along the way we got to see Jack Sparrow too.
Dancing-Moving102.jpg

Everyone was asking about our room and what it was like to be staying on concierge level, so Kris and I decided to invite them over to check it out.

While all of these members of my family are avid Disney lovers at this point none of us would ever be able to afford a stay in the Grand Floridian especially on the concierge level, so we thought it would be nice to share a little of that experience with them. The characters in the carpet along the hallway:
100_0680.jpg

100_0683.jpg

Out on the balcony:
100_0674.jpg

100_0670.jpg

We took the monorail over and then took the different elevators until we arrived at our floor. We walked everyone down to check out our room and at that point my little cousin (who we had the cake for the night before) was saying that he was starving. Since it was his birthday I said why we don’t go check out the snacks that they have in the lounge. The group of 9 of us then heads down to the lounge where we snacked on lots of delicious appetizers and treats. I was really impressed with the variety of things offered. They had some really yummy cupcakes too!
100_0687-1.jpg

100_0688-1.jpg

100_0689.jpg

100_0693-1.jpg

After everyone finished their snacks it was almost 5 pm. We took a couple of pictures before splitting up.
100_0700.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

Looking over the balcony at the live band:
100_0698.jpg

100_0697-1.jpg

Most of the family headed back to Magic Kingdom since there was a group reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern that night in honor of my cousin’s birthday. Kris and I decided to stay behind to get dressed for our dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table that was scheduled a little after their reservation at Liberty Tree. I also told my mom that I was going to swing by their room to get my bride ears.

I had actually made the reservation as a surprise for Kris. I know Cinderella isn’t his thing, but the fact that we were going to get dinner alone when he knew that the week was jammed packed with family events was the main surprise. I had waited to tell him until that morning. He knew I had a special surprise for him, but he didn’t know what it was going to be until that morning.

After getting dressed Kris and I went down to get the rental car and ran over to POR real quick to pick up my ears. I loved having valet parking during our stay, it made everything so convenient. After dropping the car back off to the valet we went upstairs and rode the monorail over to MK.

Along the way we decided to get some pictures in front of the castle.
Castle.jpg

Castle2.jpg

We then headed over to Liberty Tree to say hello to everyone that we had missed early. Kris and I also had a gift for my cousin that we wanted to give him at dinner. There was a group of around 16 that were eating at Liberty Tree. We had no problem finding them and spent a few minutes visiting.
100_0721.jpg

100_0729.jpg

It was so cute to see my grandma and aunt (both 85) interacting with the characters. My aunt kept saying that “those animals” were so much fun. She had no idea which characters were which, but she was still enjoying herself!
100_0710.jpg

We gave my cousin his gift and then it was time for us to head over to CRT. While we were checking in I made sure to mention that Kris and I were just married the day before (after all I was hoping to get a good seat for the fireworks) and we were presented with another set of Just Married pins that had Mickey and Minnie on the front instead of just Cinderella.
Dancing-Moving134.jpg

We then went into the lobby where we got our pictures with Cinderella. I have to admit I was a little jealous of the little girls whose tables were called because they were given wands from the fairy godmother.
Dancing-Moving109.jpg

Here’s the knight which Kris would soon get his picture in front of the next morning.
Dancing-Moving133.jpg

We only had to wait about 15 minutes before our table was called. We were given a seat in the main area in the center of the room, but we still had a perfect view of the windows. I have to admit I felt a twinge of disappointment not getting a window seat (after all how many times do you have the excuse that you just got married at Disney) but I quickly got over it. We had a great waiter who catered to our every need. Our table was sprinkled with Cinderella confetti, so I had to take a picture of it. The pair of champagne flutes was also brought to our table for us to keep as a souvenir of our meal.
Dancing-Moving110.jpg

Dancing-Moving118.jpg

Dancing-Moving119.jpg

For the appetizer I had the egg roll and Kris had the salad.
Dancing-Moving120.jpg

For the main entrée I had selected prime rib and Kris had the salmon.
Dancing-Moving123.jpg

Dancing-Moving122.jpg

Midway through the meal, the fairy godmother and the two mice came out to do their show. I had gotten out my video camera and was filming them as they went around the room. The fairy godmother :wizard: ended up coming to our table and she asked Kris if he was Prince Charming? She then asked how long we had been married and when he told her we had just gotten married yesterday at Epcot she made a long speech congratulating us and saying that he must be a prince if we had gotten married at Disney World princess: I know he was a little embarrassed, but it was fun to get the extra attention.
Dancing-Moving126.jpg

Dancing-Moving127.jpg

Our waiter is in this shot too.
Dancing-Moving128.jpg

By this time it was time to order dessert. I had the chocolate dessert and Kris had a blueberry cheesecake. You can see one of our champagne flutes in this shot too.
Dancing-Moving124.jpg

Around this time the fireworks started going off for Wishes. It was so cool to see them through the windows of the castle. They even pumped in the music for the show.
Dancing-Moving112.jpg

Dancing-Moving113.jpg

After the fireworks were over our waiter brought over the photo package that was included with the dinner. They had given us several extra 4x6 shots as a souvenir of our evening since we were newlyweds. It was so nice to see all the little extras that we got during our meal.

Finally it was time to head out. The park was already closed, so we slowly strolled down Main Street before we headed out for the evening.
Dancing-Moving139.jpg

Riding the monorail back:
Dancing-Moving140.jpg

After taking the monorail back we stopped in the concierge lounge again where we had some desserts. Kris tried some drink that he had heard about and he hated it, but at least he got to try it while it was free!

We decided to head to bed early since we had a 4 am wakeup call. The first day of married life was officially over and the next morning we had to get up early for our Magic Kingdom shoot :bride:

Vanessa-- What a wonderful installment. And you looked absolutely beautiful that entire day! Where do you find the energy? It was so much fun to see all the pictures. Wow, the concierge lounge looks incredible. I LOVE the GF pix. I can't believe we are finally going to get to stay there.
BTW, where did you find the brown Happily Ever After hoodie? I NEED that!!! LOL.
More! More!

Great installment - I love those shirts you had on. Where did you get them - or did you make them. Especially the great brown sweatshirt with the carriage on the front and the writing down the arm.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

I love that shirt also!

It sounds like you had a great day!

Vanessa that is a great installment!! I love the pics of the lounge at the GF! DF and I are trying to decide whether to upgrade to it or not. Did you think it was worth it for the money? Did you use it a lot?

Vanessa,
Your first day of coupledom looked like great fun. I'm glad you got to share your room with everyone. I'm sure my family would have loved to see our room, but we never got the chance to show them.
I too adore the brown sweatshirt. You must share with you adoring fans where we can find them so we can look just like you :goodvibes
I'll be waiting patiently for the next day...oh yes and I'll be waiting patiently for our midwest meet up :hug:

Anna Marie

Wow Vanessa, I can't believe I missed a couple updates! It sounds like you had an amazing first day of married life! And to have dinner in the castle that evening, WOW!!! Looks really nice. Can't wait to 'see' more!

I'm so glad you took lots of photos! It's helping me do my research for what I want to do the week Kev and I are in the World for our wedding. :thumbsup2

Vanessa-- What a wonderful installment. And you looked absolutely beautiful that entire day! Where do you find the energy? It was so much fun to see all the pictures. Wow, the concierge lounge looks incredible. I LOVE the GF pix. I can't believe we are finally going to get to stay there.
BTW, where did you find the brown Happily Ever After hoodie? I NEED that!!! LOL.
More! More!
Thank you so much for all your wonderful words :goodvibes The concierge level was amazing!

I actually got the hoodie from Disney Shopping. I was actually buying things for our welcome bags and when I saw it I knew I needed to buy it for myself :cool1:

I already have more written, so it's just a matter of putting in the photo codes. I promise to add more this weekend.

Great installment - I love those shirts you had on. Where did you get them - or did you make them. Especially the great brown sweatshirt with the carriage on the front and the writing down the arm.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda
Hi Linda,

As I mentioned to Cam the sweatshirt was from Disney Shopping. The pink one I actually bought at the Disney outlet just down the road from the Crossings by that Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. It was funny when I bought it the lady at the checkout asked me if I had a Wish that was coming true. I told her that I was going to be getting married at Epcot later that year and she said well I guess the shirt has already worked for you :)

Love the installment :)

I love that shirt also!

It sounds like you had a great day!
Thanks so much for keeping up on the report; it's great to see everyone's comments :cool1:

Vanessa that is a great installment!! I love the pics of the lounge at the GF! DF and I are trying to decide whether to upgrade to it or not. Did you think it was worth it for the money? Did you use it a lot?
We used it a lot just because we wouldn't have the opportunity again. I think if we had been visiting other parks besides the MK it might have been more difficult to utilize everything. The breakfast was fantastic and the evening desserts after 7 or 8 pm worked well to for coming back from the park. The concierge services are also great if you need help getting tickets or reservations because they will handle everything for you. I would say it would probably depend on the price difference. It is definitely a once in a lifetime experience, so it would be worthwhile to at least indulge for a couple of days :cheer2:

Vanessa,
Your first day of coupledom looked like great fun. I'm glad you got to share your room with everyone. I'm sure my family would have loved to see our room, but we never got the chance to show them.
I too adore the brown sweatshirt. You must share with you adoring fans where we can find them so we can look just like you :goodvibes
I'll be waiting patiently for the next day...oh yes and I'll be waiting patiently for our midwest meet up :hug:
Anna Marie
I was a little worried about trudging everyone up to our room, but thankfully it worked out just fine :wizard: It was nice to have the little extra time to share it with them. Of course, we were there for 2 nights too which helped out.

We should definitely talk about a meet, that would be so much fun! :cool1:

Wow Vanessa, I can't believe I missed a couple updates! It sounds like you had an amazing first day of married life! And to have dinner in the castle that evening, WOW!!! Looks really nice. Can't wait to 'see' more!
It really was so nice to have the dinner in the castle with just the two of us. The setting is so romantic!

I'm so glad you took lots of photos! It's helping me do my research for what I want to do the week Kev and I are in the World for our wedding. :thumbsup2
The possibilities are endless; it really was such a fun week. I only wish we had more time there. I would have loved to included a dinner at the Yachtsman or something like that too for the two of us. We had also wanted to do a segway tour or carriage ride, but just didn't have the time. It's on our agenda for our 1st anniversary trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter