VDH Opening

I was just informed by my guide that typically the Magical Beginnings is for 150 point contracts and above, however, he stated that since they are together and "technically" 200 points we may be able to do it. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I may do a 150/50.

Also had him remove the title insurance costs. I don't think its necessary (just my opinion).

Never mind. He just confirmed it would have to be the whole 200. Boo. Moving forward with 100/100 and now to decide Magical Beginnings or not...

Never mind. He just confirmed it would have to be the whole 200. Boo. Moving forward with 100/100 and now to decide Magical Beginnings or not...
I would find a new guide. Everyone else is able to do it (magical beginnings, incentives) on separate contracts as long as they are above 150 in total.

If my guide tells me this I am finding someone else.

Did he say you can’t do MB at all on 100+100 or that you can but it simply needs to be all 200 for UY23 even if separate 100+100 contracts?

Last edited:
I will be a new DVC purchaser and I need exactly 160 points to stay 4 nights in a one bed for our annual Fall break visit. Should I buy a few more points in case points per room price increase in future?

I will be a new DVC purchaser and I need exactly 160 points to stay 4 nights in a one bed for our annual Fall break visit. Should I buy a few more points in case points per room price increase in future?
Yes definitely buy more points if you want to go a very specific time of year. Point chart can change and you might find yourself a few points short. You can always buy one time use points from Disney but that would require you to wait until 7 month so the recommendation is to play it safe.

Id recommend going about a half a day's worth of points extra to give room for the potential adjustments and if nothing happens then you can just rotate doing a 5 night stay every other year.

For folks that did Magical Beginnings, is there a separate contract that the guide is supposed to send?

We got our Docusign contract for our points at VDH, we also see the points in our account, and we also see the points for 2023 were deducted by Disney. Assuming that’s for Magical Beginnings. But we haven’t received a separate contract yet for Magical Beginnings. Assuming we should be expecting that?

When we bought, we looked at the charts for the highest season outside of premium and used that as a guide to determine points...we knew that if we had enough for those stays, any future allocations would not find us short.

For folks that did Magical Beginnings, is there a separate contract that the guide is supposed to send?

We got our Docusign contract for our points at VDH, we also see the points in our account, and we also see the points for 2023 were deducted by Disney. Assuming that’s for Magical Beginnings. But we haven’t received a separate contract yet for Magical Beginnings. Assuming we should be expecting that?
Yes - It was missing in our documents as well. Called into Quality Assurance and they sent it thru Docusign.

I would find a new guide. Everyone else is able to do it (magical beginnings, incentives) on separate contracts as long as they are above 150 in total.

If my guide tells me this I am finding someone else.

Did he say you can’t do MB at all on 100+100 or that you can but it simply needs to be all 200 for UY23 even if separate 100+100 contracts?

Needs to be all 200 even if separate contracts. It may be because of the 150 threshold. I really like the idea of 2 smaller contracts, so, I did a thing LOL. Bought the 2 and did Magical Beginnings for both.

Needs to be all 200 even if separate contracts. It may be because of the 150 threshold. I really like the idea of 2 smaller contracts, so, I did a thing LOL. Bought the 2 and did Magical Beginnings for both.
Gotcha! I couldn’t tell if the guide told you no because you wanted 2 contracts or if the Mb had to be for both. Got it, second thing Inwas thinking. Makes sense but annoying. We want 75x2 and are happy doing Mb for both since we cannot even go until october 2024; we have an august use year, so that is UY24. So it works for us.

Sorry you couldn’t do magical beginnings on just the 1100 point contract out of the two, but congratulations!

Yes - It was missing in our documents as well. Called into Quality Assurance and they sent it thru Docusign.

Haven't gotten our contracts yet. So to confirm, if we are opting into Magical Beginnings we should be getting 2 Docusign documents for each contract -- one for the standard DVC purchase and the other one for Magical Beginnings?

And BTW, my guide also said that MB is an all-points-or-none option for me (bought 150 pts total in divided contracts)

Last edited:
I had the same plan as you 1 bedroom 4 nights. By my calculations 170 got me there every season except Christmas. The next incentive kicked in at the 175 point mark so I settled for 175. Only $1 more incentive going to 175. But in response to your question 170 seemed to be the right amount if targeting 4 nights in a 1bedroom.

Haven't gotten our contracts yet. So to confirm, if we are opting into Magical Beginnings we should be getting 2 Docusign documents for each contract -- one for the standard DVC purchase and the other one for Magical Beginnings?

And BTW, my guide also said that MB is an all-points-or-none option for me (bought 150 pts total in divided contracts)
I didn't split my contracts but the Magical Beginnings is a 1 sheet document in addition to the DVC Purchase documents.

Happy Mother's Day! I've been reading all of your posts about VDH for the last few months and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm going to dive into the deep end and buy VDH direct. I've been a resale owner since 2020 and honestly thought I would always be resale. But, after reading today about the discounts for current DVC owners and the magical beginnings it is tempting me to make the switch to the "blue card" side of DVC.

Since I'm a newbie to direct DVC, I'm trying to understand all of the other discounts that may be available. I'm looking at buying 150 points at VDH with a June UY. If I am understanding correctly the there is a $20 promotion off of the $230 per point for 150 points.

How does that work with Magical Beginnings? From what I understand that is a $22 rebate that is paid separately by Disney. So, would I pay $31,500 for the contract and then Disney will send me a rebate of $3,300 afterwards? How soon does that rebate come through?

I'm not understanding how Disney gives a rebate on 2022 points if you buy in 2023. Would I still get 2023 points from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024?

Also, are there any other current discounts to know about? I thought I read something about a referral discount and Chase Disney promotions. Are there other discounts currently that I should ask a guide about?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. :dog2:

In your case, Disney will buy the 2023 points so you don't get points until June 1, 2024. No VDH contract will get the 2022
Do you know if I chose a Feb UY would the magical beginnings still apply for the 2023 points and then I would get 2024 points as of Feb. 1, 2024?

We’re in the same position as you - first resale in 2020 and thought we’d never buy direct, and then got persuaded by VDH.

Our guide told us the first UY eligible for 2023 points was June. So, we went with June, and are doing Magical Beginnings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter