VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

I’m guilty on both sides. I just reply to posts, not even looking at where I’m at. lol
You are not alone. 🤣

In an attempt to drag us slightly closer to VDH, I spent 12 hours at DLR yesterday (both parks and a brisk walk through DTD) and didn’t see any particular sales promotion activity or even (clearly marked) DVC kiosks. I don’t think they are worried about VDH sales numbers.

You are not alone. 🤣

In an attempt to drag us slightly closer to VDH, I spent 12 hours at DLR yesterday (both parks and a brisk walk through DTD) and didn’t see any particular sales promotion activity or even (clearly marked) DVC kiosks. I don’t think they are worried about VDH sales numbers.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DVC kiosk at DLR… maybe a sign, but no one near it manning a station. You would assume there would be more to get people back towards VDH more often.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DVC kiosk at DLR… maybe a sign, but no one near it manning a station. You would assume there would be more to get people back towards VDH more often.
There’s the kiosk in Tomorrowland that has only really been manned since the DVC lounge opened (and was recently refurbed), and there’s the kiosk in DCA right across from the GCH entrance that is currently being refurbed but has not yet been staffed.

The third main kiosk is the large and rather prominent cabana in the middle of the Esplanade, right at the tram unload, and that one hasn’t been staffed since the post-pandemic reopen.

They do seem to keep the new kiosk in the Pixar Place Hotel staffed now, too (I’ll call that a “kiosk” too as there is no DVC component to that property).

Last edited:
Yea, the one in Tomorrowland is the “sign” I’ve seen, but never anyone there.
I’m guessing we’ll start to see them pop up and be manned more often… or maybe not.

What's the thing they are putting in at DCA in the Blue Cellar (?) spot? Is that going to be a DVC sales place or something else? I never saw a solid answer on what that's going to be.

Now that you all mention it, I’ve seen the Tomorrowland kiosk and occasionally seen people inside it (not this weekend), and I have memories of seeing them in DTD (I want to say further towards the LEGO store end of the area) over a decade ago…perhaps while VGC was in active sales. It’s actually the first place I ever saw DVC sales materials. If only I had purchased back then. 🤣

Now that you all mention it, I’ve seen the Tomorrowland kiosk and occasionally seen people inside it (not this weekend), and I have memories of seeing them in DTD (I want to say further towards the LEGO store end of the area) over a decade ago…perhaps while VGC was in active sales. It’s actually the first place I ever saw DVC sales materials. If only I had purchased back then. 🤣
There's a small "cart" in DTD and one at DLH (near the Sorcerer hat), but neither of those has been staffed in forever.

For real, I wish I knew what DVC was back then!!!

There's actually been someone there every time I've walked past it over the last several months.
I think I've seen people there most of the time too.

Speaking of DVC representation at DL, saw this at Grand Cali a few days ago, right next to the events display off the lobby:
1708991988349.jpeg

It was blocked off for a couple days then they took down the scrims and now there's two new DVC mentions on the wall. Couldn't figure out why.

We also noticed that DVC got some new golf carts at Grand Cali for carting prospective buyers to VDH. I guess ~$100mil in FY23 revenue will open some pocketbooks for new stuff.

Monthly update!

Total points recorded as of February 29th: ~622k points (19.1% of all points).
Points recorded in January: ~27.4k points.

Almost exactly the same as January (27.3k), but still lower than the relatively weak sales of Sept - Nov 2023 (31.3k-33k). Considering how weak December was (16.7k) and the recording delays involved, there actually might have been a pretty good burst of sales immediately prior to the price going up on Feb 1.

At the current rate, VDH will sell out in a whopping 96 months, roughly early 2032!

We're 9 months into sales and the last 6 have been sluggish by WDW standards, but post-incentive pricing has only gone up and is still priced above WDW resorts. I think DVD is content with this sales rate.

As of February 29th, ~22.3% of points are declared and at least ~19.1% of the resort has been sold. That leaves about 3% of headroom, roughly 100k points, before more Units must be declared. At the current sales rate, DVD has a few months before needing to do this.

Something I noted last month but continues to be a thorn to sales monitoring is a change OCRW made. Previously, OCRW would publish the Lot Number, the Transfer Tax Amount, and the Unit #. Now they just post Transfer Tax and Unit #, making it harder to differentiate VGC sales from VDH (which have different lot numbers). Yes, DVC has been selling a trickle of VGC this entire time.

DVD also increased the base price for VDH, which also has an impact to sales monitoring. Without getting too inside baseball, OCRW doesn't post how many points are sold, just the Transfer Tax paid. Transfer Tax is proportional to the pre-incentive price of the contract. So a 150pt contract at a $230/pt base price would show up as $37.95 of Transfer Tax, but at the new $239/pt base price it shows up as 39.60. But 39.60 was also a valid tax amount before for a 155pt 156pt contract, so discerning whether a contract is on the new pricing or old pricing is a bit of a judgement call currently.

I estimate 17 of the 164 contracts recorded this month were at the higher $239/pt.

I'll do my best to take educated guesses on the contract size, and boy were there some challenges this month.

I figure most people won't care about this so gonna bury this into a spoiler, but some contracts recorded this month were fairly interesting from my perspective.

Contract 1 - $48.40 Transfer Tax
Never seen this amount before. For $230/pt it works out to 190pt or 191pt and for $239 it works out to 183pt or 184pt. I went with 184pt as it has the most Favorite Week matches, but 191pt also has a bunch of matches (arguably more worthwhile matches, too).

Contract 2 - $110.00 Transfer Tax
Also never seen this amount before. For $230/pt it works out to 433pt or 434pt and for $239/pt it works out to 417pt or 418pt. I went with 433pt, which is a match for a W51/52 1BR, but 417pt would have been a match for W18 2BR.

Multiple contracts - $39.60 Transfer Tax
Unlike the above 2, I have seen this before. It works out to 155pt or 156pt in $230/pt pricing (I've been assuming 155pt). But it's also 150pt in $239/pt pricing, which is the most common contract size. I'm going to assume all $39.60 are 150pt on $239/pt pricing until the next price increase.

(let me know if you found me showing my math/process interesting)

As a reminder, I'm just doing ad hoc and monthly updates now.

Fun facts about February's sales:

Nothing particularly remarkable about mega-contracts, the largest was just 600pt. Based on when it was recorded, it was likely a buzzer-beater before the price increase.

It's likely there were a few Favorite Week contracts:
  • 184pt - Could be a W23-32 SV Deluxe Studio or W40-46, W48-50 PV Deluxe Studio
  • 252pt - I'm actually not sure what this could be. It was too early in the month to be due to the price change (but would be 241/242pt in new pricing).
  • 353pt - W1-4 2BR Villa
  • 433pt - W51-52 1BR Villa

Unit 1I (one eye) was the top seller and this was the first month we've seen Unit 2C. I think all declared Units, except 1A, have now appeared in recorded contracts (there might be a small Unit 2D). Unit 2B remained a solid seller. Again there was a burst of Unit 1B and I'm still not sure what to make of that as it had last been showing up as a non-one-off back in July 2023.

It is likely that a bunch of Units are now sold out: 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H, 1J, and maybe 2A. We still haven't seen 1A show up in any recorded deeds yet.

Other interesting facts about the contracts recorded in February:
  • 164 contracts recorded
    • 49x 150pt contracts (79 the prior month)
    • 28x 200pt contracts (16 the prior month)
    • 20x 50pt contracts (19 the prior month)
    • 18x 100pt contracts (11 the prior month)
    • 16x 250pt contracts (10 the prior month)
    • 6x 300pt contracts (9 the prior month)
    • 27x other contracts (24 the prior month)
  • 167.2pt average contract size in February, highest ever
    • May had an average of 128.2pt
    • June had an average of 142.8pt
    • July had an average of 157.2pt
    • August had an average of 152.7pt
    • September had an average of 149.8pt
    • October had an average of 165.1pt
    • November had an average of 164.8pt
    • December had an average of 154.7pt
    • January 2024 had an average of 162.6pt
  • 600pt is largest contract in February
  • 50pt is smallest contract
  • 500pt is the largest contract size purchased multiple times (2x)
  • Unit 1I (one eye) was assigned the most (9.0k, 2nd most was 2B at 7.6k)
Points recorded by date:
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 7.35.07 PM.png
"U" unit stands for "Unknown". This is because OCRW recorded a Unit number with an error and no 'most likely' correct fix. This is most likely due to issues with OCR (optical character recognition) used in their recording process.

1709436975743.png

Points recorded by month:
1709437036708.png

1709437241111.png

1709437296060.png

1709437774957.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter