Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I don't like the fake meat--it seems too much like meat to me--so I can't help you there. But I will tell you a few of my favorites (I'm vegan, btw):

DAK:
Yak & Yeti: They will accommodate you. I've had steamed vegetables and jasmine rice there, and it's definitely not on the menu. If you'd like something more "interesting," they make the sweet & sour with tofu, not chicken. Ask to speak to the executive chef/allergy chef (I forget what they're called now) and they will tell you everything they can make vegan that's on the menu--or off the menu.

Pizzafari: Greens and Grains salad. Delish. Although I'm not sure of all the ingredients vis-a-vis your preferences.

BTW, every restaurant at WDW has an ingredients list. You just have to ask. At a CS that is sometimes not super easy, but it can be done.

MK:
Tony's Town Square: vegan spaghetti and "meat"balls. They also have a killer salad here, which, I'm sorry to tell you, is not the case at many other restaurants at WDW. I wouldn't be depending on salads to tide you over. This is a post-pandemic problem, I'm sorry to say.

Skipper Canteen: several choices of steamed veggies / falafel / and something else. Sorry, I don't have the time at the moment to look things up. I'm busy packing!

Epcot:
Rose & Crown (dinner only--unless things change): vegan "fish" and chips. Delish. There's also at least one other vegan dish.

Nine Dragons: spring rolls (at the sit-down restaurant only) and there's a veggie entree that's quite good.

Katsura Grill: veggie sushi rolls

DHS:
Woody's Lunchbox: vegan grilled "cheese" sandwich with potato barrels / also vegan totchos

Mama Melrose: this is NOT on the menu, but they will make you a vegan spaghetti marinara (make sure to remind them or they'll throw Parmesan on top of it) and they usually have Tofutti for dessert. Their bread is also usually vegan, but ask. It comes with olive oiil.

I cannot guarantee you that all of these things--or really any other thing--at WDW will meet your requirements. There's sugar and salt in nearly every dish, I'm pretty sure. Especially salt.

And, for the record: both the regular popcorn they sell at the carts and the soft Mickey pretzels are vegan (of course, w/o the cheese).

It's pretty easy to be vegan at WDW. Just read some menus and at the TS restaurants, don't be afraid to ask. BTW, most resorts' QS restaurants will make you vegan Mickey waffles for breakfast, but it's rarely on the menu. You have to ask. And also wait. Nearly every resort has steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast and soy milk you can get on the side.

Have a great trip!
Thank you for all the info! I'll have some fun finding stuff that works for me...

My son is vegetarian & loves the chili crispy tofu bowl at Satuli Canteen at Animal Kingdom. Another favorite is the plant based kefta & hummus platter at Docking Bay 7 ar Galaxy's Edge at HS. He enjoyed the Falls Family Falafal at Skipper Canteen (this just an appetizer).

Breedlove from Allears, who is vegan, raves about the Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
Those are my favs too.

EPCOT - Germany's Biergarten Restaurant

I would love to dine here for the show but the meat based menu is pricey for what I would be able to eat.

Some time ago I read that they would substitute veggie meats for vegetarians and then you could get the okay vegetables off the buffet.

Looking at the menu now I do not see anything mentioned for vegetarian meat options.

Has anyone been recently and was able to get veggie meats with their meal?

Thanks

Ok just got back...... Disney is so great for offering lots of options! I 'relaxed' my usual restrictions..... 2 faves were primo piatto- the gf veggie kabob was AMAZING. I want more! And the boathouse, I tried the whipped edamame app platter and the cauliflower steak..... SO GOOD. The 2 together was too much I regretted not being able to finish it all. Their apps and sides are HUGE. Other than that I liked the power salad that seemed to be at a lot of qs places - and a falafel platter at AK Lodge (gf) was really yummy.

I was at EPCOT this week.

Here is a review of a few vegetarian items on EPCOT's Holidays Booths:

Nochebuena Cocina - Tamale with Plant-based Chorizo - This had a great taste but the disappointing aspect was the size. It was the same or a little smaller than a pack of cards which when splitting with someone else made it about two bites. So do not plan to share this one. The sauce had a nice complex flavor but it was a bit spicy for me.

Char & Chop - Grilled Impossible Spicy Sausage. I really liked this one. It had a decent sized 4-5" veggie sausage which had a nice flavor and texture. It was a little spicy but that was offset by the polenta and puttanesca sauce. I would buy this one again.

Refreshment Outpost - Peanut Stew. This was better than expected and a decent serving size. The greens, sweet potatoes, and peanuts were a good mix. It was also quite spicy. I hadn't planned on getting this one but the lines at the Bavaria booth where I wanted to try the Cheese Fondue were really long. I would get it again if there was nothing else in that area that I still wanted to try first.

I was at EPCOT this week.

Here is a review of a few vegetarian items on EPCOT's Holidays Booths:

Nochebuena Cocina - Tamale with Plant-based Chorizo - This had a great taste but the disappointing aspect was the size. It was the same or a little smaller than a pack of cards which when splitting with someone else made it about two bites. So do not plan to share this one. The sauce had a nice complex flavor but it was a bit spicy for me.

Char & Chop - Grilled Impossible Spicy Sausage. I really liked this one. It had a decent sized 4-5" veggie sausage which had a nice flavor and texture. It was a little spicy but that was offset by the polenta and puttanesca sauce. I would buy this one again.

Refreshment Outpost - Peanut Stew. This was better than expected and a decent serving size. The greens, sweet potatoes, and peanuts were a good mix. It was also quite spicy. I hadn't planned on getting this one but the lines at the Bavaria booth where I wanted to try the Cheese Fondue were really long. I would get it again if there was nothing else in that area that I still wanted to try first.
Thanks for sharing! 😊

Got back from WDW a week ago & finally getting around to write about my son's thoughts on food he had while on vacation. DS is a vegetarian but steers toward plant based when is available.

Highlights for him were at Riviera Resort. The roasted vegetable available at Bar Riva & Primo Piatto was his all around favorite. He loved it! He wanted to go back our last night but we had moved to Boulder Ridge & I said the trek there would be too long by boat or bus or much more expensive than the meal by lyft. I wish I'd sent him on his way as he kept raving about it.

We were able to get a last minute res to Toppolino's & he had problems deciding. We ordered 2 servings of the ratatouille fritters for apps for 3 people & were almost full just with them & the bread service. Each plate had 5 good sized fritters, like latkes only with alot of veggies. It came with what I believe was a red pepper sauce which we that was not needed. Those fritters were so hot, crispy & yummy! It was a toss up for tge main course- there was a cauliflower steak he wanted to try but he really had his heart set on pasta. It's not on the menu but the made a nice rigatoni and marinara sauce w/mixed veggies. No dessert as we were stuffed.

As usual he had to go to Docking Bay 7 for the plant based kefta which he said was as good as always. He also tried a veggie dish on the kid's menu that was a great snack. It had green beans, lettuce, hummus and rye crisps. We also ate at Mama Melrose which was okay-definately not as good as toppolinos. He had the minestrone soup app, which was a large bowl. I had some & while it was good w/alot of veggies it was salty. He got the pasta w/tomato sauce which was ok.

We ate at Skipper Canteen at MK. He ordered the falafel app which he enjoyed & the crew stew curry. I don't recall too much about this so I guess it was ok.

We had only so so luck at EPCOT. Our 1st day was here & we had been up since 3:00 am so were tired & hungry by lunchtime. Tried to get Spice Road Table but couldn't so ended up at Sunshine Season. I tried to steer him towards the mediterranean veg sandwich but I got "do you know what they give on set that's vegetarian? It's always a mediterranean veggie sandwich. He order the Korma, I believe it was w/cashews. He ate it because he was hungry but didn't like it. We did end up at Spice Road later in the trip but he was disappointed-thought it was bland. He did enjoy the cauliflower & hummus but was underwhelmed by the tagine dish w/roasted veggies & couscous (too much couscous, not enough veggies & no spice). Didn't check out the festival booths as there was only 2 plant based items on the whole list! While he dies eat dairy & eggs, he tries to limit that.

At AK we ate at Satuli Canteen & were not disapointed.. he love's the tofu bowl. For breakfast he got the overnight oats at Kusafari(?) in Harambe & enjoyed that.

Our last night at Boulder Ridge was a disaster. As I said earlier, I told him that going to RR was not in the cards so no roasted veggie skewers. He ordered a zesty slaw burger (beyond burger) at Roaring forks. He said it was the worst burger he'd ever eaten. It was microwaved, not grilled & he said it had a chemical taste. He ate less than half of it. The next day our ladt meal was a Geyser Point & was a bit better. They also had a beyond burger but once bitten twice shy. He ordered the multi grain salad w/tofu. It was okay but he didn't finish it. It was not the RR roasted veggie skewer😒.

Sorry to be so long. Hopes this can help others looking food options.

Got back from WDW a week ago & finally getting around to write about my son's thoughts on food he had while on vacation. DS is a vegetarian but steers toward plant based when is available.

Highlights for him were at Riviera Resort. The roasted vegetable available at Bar Riva & Primo Piatto was his all around favorite. He loved it! He wanted to go back our last night but we had moved to Boulder Ridge & I said the trek there would be too long by boat or bus or much more expensive than the meal by lyft. I wish I'd sent him on his way as he kept raving about it.

We were able to get a last minute res to Toppolino's & he had problems deciding. We ordered 2 servings of the ratatouille fritters for apps for 3 people & were almost full just with them & the bread service. Each plate had 5 good sized fritters, like latkes only with alot of veggies. It came with what I believe was a red pepper sauce which we that was not needed. Those fritters were so hot, crispy & yummy! It was a toss up for tge main course- there was a cauliflower steak he wanted to try but he really had his heart set on pasta. It's not on the menu but the made a nice rigatoni and marinara sauce w/mixed veggies. No dessert as we were stuffed.

As usual he had to go to Docking Bay 7 for the plant based kefta which he said was as good as always. He also tried a veggie dish on the kid's menu that was a great snack. It had green beans, lettuce, hummus and rye crisps. We also ate at Mama Melrose which was okay-definately not as good as toppolinos. He had the minestrone soup app, which was a large bowl. I had some & while it was good w/alot of veggies it was salty. He got the pasta w/tomato sauce which was ok.

We ate at Skipper Canteen at MK. He ordered the falafel app which he enjoyed & the crew stew curry. I don't recall too much about this so I guess it was ok.

We had only so so luck at EPCOT. Our 1st day was here & we had been up since 3:00 am so were tired & hungry by lunchtime. Tried to get Spice Road Table but couldn't so ended up at Sunshine Season. I tried to steer him towards the mediterranean veg sandwich but I got "do you know what they give on set that's vegetarian? It's always a mediterranean veggie sandwich. He order the Korma, I believe it was w/cashews. He ate it because he was hungry but didn't like it. We did end up at Spice Road later in the trip but he was disappointed-thought it was bland. He did enjoy the cauliflower & hummus but was underwhelmed by the tagine dish w/roasted veggies & couscous (too much couscous, not enough veggies & no spice). Didn't check out the festival booths as there was only 2 plant based items on the whole list! While he dies eat dairy & eggs, he tries to limit that.

At AK we ate at Satuli Canteen & were not disapointed.. he love's the tofu bowl. For breakfast he got the overnight oats at Kusafari(?) in Harambe & enjoyed that.

Our last night at Boulder Ridge was a disaster. As I said earlier, I told him that going to RR was not in the cards so no roasted veggie skewers. He ordered a zesty slaw burger (beyond burger) at Roaring forks. He said it was the worst burger he'd ever eaten. It was microwaved, not grilled & he said it had a chemical taste. He ate less than half of it. The next day our ladt meal was a Geyser Point & was a bit better. They also had a beyond burger but once bitten twice shy. He ordered the multi grain salad w/tofu. It was okay but he didn't finish it. It was not the RR roasted veggie skewer😒.

Sorry to be so long. Hopes this can help others looking food options.
Thanks so much for this report. Don't apologize for its length--it was very informative.

For your next trip, at Epcot, you might want to try (1) Rose & Crown (opens at 4 pm), which has vegan "fish" & chips that are quite good and a couple of other vegan entrees that I've never tried and/or (2) Nine Dragons, which has a mixed veg platter that's delish and the spring rolls (at the restaurant, not at the QS) are also vegan, although the dipping sauce is neither vegetarian or vegan, but the spring rolls are so good they need no dipping sauce.

I don't like coconut, so I've never tried the korma at Sunshine Seasons. There used to be a terrific vegan entree there, but it was replaced by the korma several years ago and they seem hell-bent on keeping it.

Now I want to try those veggie skewers at RR.

Thanks so much for this report. Don't apologize for its length--it was very informative.

For your next trip, at Epcot, you might want to try (1) Rose & Crown (opens at 4 pm), which has vegan "fish" & chips that are quite good and a couple of other vegan entrees that I've never tried and/or (2) Nine Dragons, which has a mixed veg platter that's delish and the spring rolls (at the restaurant, not at the QS) are also vegan, although the dipping sauce is neither vegetarian or vegan, but the spring rolls are so good they need no dipping sauce.

I don't like coconut, so I've never tried the korma at Sunshine Seasons. There used to be a terrific vegan entree there, but it was replaced by the korma several years ago and they seem hell-bent on keeping it.

Now I want to try those veggie skewers at RR.
DS really wanted to try the vegan fish & chips at Rose & Crown but we couldn't get reservations. I know you can order food at the pub but not sure if that's the full menu. Good to know about Nine Dragons. Thanks!

Great - Thanks!
We visited Biergarten a few months ago and -- same. My vegetarian daughter was able to get an alternative platter that had, I believe, 3 different plant-based options on it. She particularly enjoyed the veggie "sausage."

That being said, we spent a week eating exclusively onsite, and there was only one restaurant anywhere at WDW (TS, QS, or otherwise) where she had trouble finding vegetarian options. (It happened to be Raglan Road, where the only three vegetarian options, a fritter appetizer, a vegan shepherd's pie, and a salad, just weren't what she was in the mood for. Everywhere else, she had a larger number of choices.) If you don't see anything on the menu that really works for you, don't be afraid to ask if there are any unadvertised vegetarian/vegan dishes! We found that in many cases, there were veggie-based substitutions that were available, that were not listed on the menu. Some of the vegetarian entrees were so good that I (an omnivore) opted for them as well.

Impossible Veggie Meatloaf at All-Star Resorts

Just a heads up that they have the Impossible Veggie Meatloaf at the All-Star Resorts even though it is not listed on the menu online.

It was $14.49 and came with two vegetable sides.

I had wanted to try it without the high MK Liberty prices and was happy to find it in the cafeteria.

I enjoyed it but thought it was a little dense. I actually liked the roasted garlic mashed potatoes that I got as a side better. But it was definitely fun to have a veggie meat alternative to the burgers everywhere.

The food options at the Riviera were a *huge* reason we chose to stay there in December. The veggie skewers at Primo are indeed all that! My only thing would be for them to include more quinoa salad (simply because I love quinoa, or offer up as a side) and the presentation would vary, sometimes the salad would be on the side rather than on the pita. But 100% delicious no matter what.

The other standout for me was the Tofu Curry at Grand Floridian. The rice had banana flavor and wow! Deep and pleasantly sweet.

Impossible Veggie Meatloaf at All-Star Resorts

Just a heads up that they have the Impossible Veggie Meatloaf at the All-Star Resorts even though it is not listed on the menu online.

It was $14.49 and came with two vegetable sides.

I had wanted to try it without the high MK Liberty prices and was happy to find it in the cafeteria.

I enjoyed it but thought it was a little dense. I actually liked the roasted garlic mashed potatoes that I got as a side better. But it was definitely fun to have a veggie meat alternative to the burgers everywhere.
They also have this--or did in December--at the QS at POFQ. You have to be someone who likes mushrooms. If not, this is not the thing for you . . . or me.

The food options at the Riviera were a *huge* reason we chose to stay there in December. The veggie skewers at Primo are indeed all that! My only thing would be for them to include more quinoa salad (simply because I love quinoa, or offer up as a side) and the presentation would vary, sometimes the salad would be on the side rather than on the pita. But 100% delicious no matter what.

The other standout for me was the Tofu Curry at Grand Floridian. The rice had banana flavor and wow! Deep and pleasantly sweet.
I agree 100% on that veggie skewer at Primo.... it's now a reason to visit Riviera! where did you find Tofu curry at GF?

Any recommendations for restaurants that have vegetarian/ vegan meals that don’t involve imitation meat? We have Sanaa on our list. Cheese is okay in very small quantities, so like an accent of feta or such but not an eggplant parm.
This might be for you-the rattattouie (did I spell that right?) at Chef's de France. Delicious!

EPCOT - Flower & Garden 2024:

Has anyone tried/can review the following veggie meat offerings available this year?

Impossible Farmhouse Meatball w/Lentil Bread - $6 - Trowel & Trellis
Steam Bun filled w/Vegs and Plant-based soy meat (?) - $6 - Hanami
Impossible Jamaican Beef Patty - $6.50 - La Isla Fresca
Plant-based Buffalo Chicken Tender Poutine on Crispy Potato Barrels - $10 - Refreshment Port

Is there anything else you enjoyed that should not be missed?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter