Velocicoaster Soft Open

Pooh's World

DIS Veteran
Velocicoaster soft opened today. Around a 75 min wait although by around 4 pm I think they closed the line cause it reached capacity and word of mouth had spread that it was open.

I was also able to ride Hagrid's about 6 times because the wait time/ride time total was reduced to 20 minutes at one point due to people scrambling to get to Velocicoaster.

Reactions: AJA
They reopened Velocicoaster around 6:15pm today and we were able to ride. Wait posted 75 minutes at entrance and was probably about an hour for us. SO excited to catch the soft open on our one day at IOA! Queuing was great and some nifty raptor effects see the other thread for spoilers. Loved the coaster super smooth, incredible barrel rolls, fantastic top loop with great views of water. Lap restraint was comfy but no good place to hold on so hands free is the name of the game with this ride. Loved Hagrids also. Velocicoaster best thrill ride now at IOA but overall Hagrids the more fun IMHO.

Last edited:
Is this Velocicoster soft opening part of the Annual Pass holders' preview, or is the ride now open? We go over Memorial Day weekend and I have a fifteen year old boy who would be so excited to be able to ride it when we are there.

Is this Velocicoster soft opening part of the Annual Pass holders' preview, or is the ride now open? We go over Memorial Day weekend and I have a fifteen year old boy who would be so excited to be able to ride it when we are there.
AP preview ended on Wedneday.

So this is now soft open for everyone but being a soft open there's no guarantee that it will be running on any particular day until June 10th

I assume , child swap can be used for partners who don't want to ride the ride.

My wife hates rollercoasters but wants to do the q with me

Presume she can want through with me and wait in Child swap area while I go on ride

Presume she can want through with me and wait in Child swap area while I go on ride
Will you have a child with you? If not I assume she’d just exit and wait outside.

Child swap area was open during AP previews. Can't see why she wouldn't be able to use it.

Does Velocicoaster have metal detectors like Hulk & RRR?
Sure does. It's indoors right after the lockers, once you've been through most of the queue (a good idea, so you can have phone / camera with you most of the way).

It seemed sensitive, something I was wearing set it off but I have no idea what (rings, jeans zipper?) and they just waved me along anyways.

We're here for our week long vacay - first day today 👍- & rode this. Wait posted 75 mins waited right at an hour. One & done for hubby & me - we're just getting to old for something this intense, I guess 😞. But definitely worth a try - we'd have been all over it back in the day, LOL! We're definitely glad we gave it a shot & can say we got to go on it😊

Rode today and loved it-it’s definitely intense. Posted 45 and we waited almost exactly that.

In reference to the seat requirements, would you say that someone who was (barely) able to make it onto Hagrid's and FOP could ride VCC? I saw some pics of the test seat but it was hard to judge from those.

My 15 year old rode 4 times in a row in single rider this morning-from walk on to 25 min wait max.

Child swap has limited room, if someone else isn't going to "swap out ride", then they'll just send her to the "chicken" exit door where the lockers and metal detector are near the end of the queue line (Bonus you won't have to bother with the lockers).

It was a soft open Saturday too.

When we walked past three TMs out front like carnival barkers urging people to try it out, shortest line they would find going forward

Rather funny how many of us just kept on walking. Enjoy, something for everyone!

In reference to the seat requirements, would you say that someone who was (barely) able to make it onto Hagrid's and FOP could ride VCC? I saw some pics of the test seat but it was hard to judge from those.
Search YouTube for 'velocicoaster seat size'. I saw at least 2 vloggers that showed the test seat and they tried it. Everyone carries their weight differently, but it might help to see those folks try.

Search YouTube for 'velocicoaster seat size'. I saw at least 2 vloggers that showed the test seat and they tried it. Everyone carries their weight differently, but it might help to see those folks try.

Follow-up: I tried and failed. Was there the week of May 16, gave the test seat a go and was told it wasn't even close. Still, it wasn't a huge disappointment as my experience has been that the latest generation of rides tends to use very demanding restraint systems so I saw it coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter