Vera Bradley obsessed and proud of it!

Don't forget! This is the weekend for this deal! If I didn't just make a Vera purchase, I would definitely jump on this one. :sad2:

Ooooh! I think I hate you.:rotfl::rotfl::hug::hug: Just kidding! I already have the original Weekender in English Meadow (along with a makeup bag, tech bag, wristlet, and Get Carried Away Tote in the same pattern) so definitely do not need another weekender, makeup bag, or tech bag. But with the $20.00 off code Vera Bradley sent me a couple of weeks ago, I could get the new weekender, tech bag, and small make up bag for just $79.00. I just tried the code to see if it could be used in conjunction with this deal and it worked (taking $20.00 off the total price). I guess the store would honor it too. If not, the VB site is also offering $5.00 shipping right now, so it would be almost as cheap to order them. Oooh, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender. Oh, why did I have to see this post.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

I can't believe I am having such a hard time picking out something to buy with my birthday code, but I will not let it go to waste!

Ooooh! I think I hate you.:rotfl::rotfl::hug::hug: Just kidding! I already have the original Weekender in English Meadow (along with a makeup bag, tech bag, wristlet, and Get Carried Away Tote in the same pattern) so definitely do not need another weekender, makeup bag, or tech bag. But with the $20.00 off code Vera Bradley sent me a couple of weeks ago, I could get the new weekender, tech bag, and small make up bag for just $79.00. I just tried the code to see if it could be used in conjunction with this deal and it worked (taking $20.00 off the total price). I guess the store would honor it too. If not, the VM site is also offering $5.00 shipping right now, so it would be almost as cheap to order them. Oooh, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender. Oh, why did I have to see this post.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

:rolleyes1sorry!! But that is a pretty good deal with your $20 code. I saved mine to use on my luggage. I do not need a weekender either, especially considering I have a duffel set, an xl duffel, and now a metropolitan (just HAD to get it to go with my luggage) and a miller bag. I think I'm set without the weekender. But I did forward the email to my MIL, you know, just incase she wanted one. And if she so happens to buy her fav DIL one too..well, I just can't help that, right!?! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I can't believe I am having such a hard time picking out something to buy with my birthday code, but I will not let it go to waste!

You will find something! :goodvibes I'm the same way. I have a few other birthday coupons to use for other stores, that I will not let go to waste either! :thumbsup2

Sitting here so jealous - we can't get VB in Australia. No idea why. And VB won't ship down here either. I either have to find someone who will send them on to me or have to wait until I get to the US and then buy up.

You will find something! :goodvibes I'm the same way. I have a few other birthday coupons to use for other stores, that I will not let go to waste either! :thumbsup2

I know I will, I'm hoping for a good sale email over the next few days. I got other coupons, too. I guess I will use them next weekend when I get a chance to go out and shop.

Oooh, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender, I do not need another Weekender. Oh, why did I have to see this post.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Do we ever really NEED anything? I thought it was a great idea to start this thread...now I'm just feeling like I NEED to buy as much as everyone else :rotfl: It's a vicious cycle! :laughing:

Big time Vera addict here - I bought pretty much the entire Mocha Rouge collection last summer - including the luggage- luckily my DH wasn't too upset when I dropped about $1,000.00 in one trip.
He said I deserved if after the year we had had :cool1:

I actually just cleaned out some of my "old" vera and posted it for sale online...gotta make room for new prints!

As I search for the PERFECT park bag (found really really great ones, but nothing perfect yet), I of course found out that DISers like Vera Bradley. I had never heard of it before.

And at first glance, I wanted to puke. I thought the prints were hideous, garish, and bag-lady looking. But I couldn't stop from reading posts day after day over how much DISers love their Vera bags. And picture after picture showed women my age or younger (and some more experienced - no one older of course ;) ) with cute bags that even with their print, didn't compete with them or overwhelm them.

So I got an Amazon gift certificate for a work reward and thought I'd try one out. I ordered the hipster in the darkest color I could find that I thought the print would suit me (happy snails). I got it last fall, used it and was teased by my family for carrying it. Well, I typically am a small black leather purse kind of person. Hmmm... But what I couldn't get over was the weight, the construction, and the utility of the bag. The bag was light weight, comfortable, sturdily made, with lots of useful pockets and could also be washed in the washer! :woohoo:

I decided to venture over to the Vera Bradley website and what did I find - lots and lots and lots of fun accessories. Now THESE I could work with! My permenant wallet is now the double kiss lock wallet in twirly birds. I love how unique it is, and perfect for what I use it for. And that pink color gives me just enough punch to accent my bag. Friends remark on how it reminds them of Hawaii, or just how pretty and fun it is. All those fun items with their different locks, zips, snaps, straps, pockets, and features, really got me on the Vera bandwagon.

I rarely use the hipster that I originally bought but I did use it to determine how I would like another purse to really look (especially in the size and the color). I recently bought this to take to Disney and it is perfect for me (Lizzy in Twirly birds):

e9df59bd.jpg

And I also bought a bunch of accessories to go with my Disney couture bag and I'm super pleased with the Deco Daisy 'Mickey' color:

25381732.jpg

Even my DD8 is on the bandwagon. We love to share our Vera items and figure out the best way to accessorize our carry-on bags and our purses.

So I do like Vera and I have bought quite a few items now but not everything is perfect.
-I did not like the 'one for the money' wallet. It is a huge size wallet with very little space to put anything.
-I also bought the metropolitan and have found it to be just slightly too big to store under the seat of the aisle airplane seat. I do manage to shove it in there and push my feet so that I don't have to put it overhead, but it's not perfect.
-I also bought one of the tech wallets and it is really bulky. I haven't found a good use for it.

What I love, love, love:
-Mini hanging toiletry case - I use mine for cosmetics and my daughter uses her as a toiletry case.
-Double kiss coin purse - as an everyday wallet - so cute!
-Small cosmetic pouch - I added a wristlet strap to it and put it in my purse. I can take it out of one purse and put it in another. I can also pull the cosmetic pouch out of my purse and still carry it to a restroom as a chic looking bag.
-Cosmetic bag - I can't remember the name but it is a perfect size for my work items and is vinyl lined (with a nice print, not clear!) with an outside magnetic pocket, and two inside mesh pockets.

As I search for the PERFECT park bag (found really really great ones, but nothing perfect yet), I of course found out that DISers like Vera Bradley. I had never heard of it before.

And at first glance, I wanted to puke. I thought the prints were hideous, garish, and bag-lady looking. But I couldn't stop from reading posts day after day over how much DISers love their Vera bags. And picture after picture showed women my age or younger (and some more experienced - no one older of course ;) ) with cute bags that even with their print, didn't compete with them or overwhelm them.

So I got an Amazon gift certificate for a work reward and thought I'd try one out. I ordered the hipster in the darkest color I could find that I thought the print would suit me (happy snails). I got it last fall, used it and was teased by my family for carrying it. Well, I typically am a small black leather purse kind of person. Hmmm... But what I couldn't get over was the weight, the construction, and the utility of the bag. The bag was light weight, comfortable, sturdily made, with lots of useful pockets and could also be washed in the washer! :woohoo:

I decided to venture over to the Vera Bradley website and what did I find - lots and lots and lots of fun accessories. Now THESE I could work with! My permenant wallet is now the double kiss lock wallet in twirly birds. I love how unique it is, and perfect for what I use it for. And that pink color gives me just enough punch to accent my bag. Friends remark on how it reminds them of Hawaii, or just how pretty and fun it is. All those fun items with their different locks, zips, snaps, straps, pockets, and features, really got me on the Vera bandwagon.

I rarely use the hipster that I originally bought but I did use it to determine how I would like another purse to really look (especially in the size and the color). I recently bought this to take to Disney and it is perfect for me (Lizzy in Twirly birds):

e9df59bd.jpg

And I also bought a bunch of accessories to go with my Disney couture bag and I'm super pleased with the Deco Daisy 'Mickey' color:

Even my DD8 is on the bandwagon. We love to share our Vera items and figure out the best way to accessorize our carry-on bags and our purses.

So I do like Vera and I have bought quite a few items now but not everything is perfect.
-I did not like the 'one for the money' wallet. It is a huge size wallet with very little space to put anything.
-I also bought the metropolitan and have found it to be just slightly too big to store under the seat of the aisle airplane seat. I do manage to shove it in there and push my feet so that I don't have to put it overhead, but it's not perfect.
-I also bought one of the tech wallets and it is really bulky. I haven't found a good use for it.

What I love, love, love:
-Mini hanging toiletry case - I use mine for cosmetics and my daughter uses her as a toiletry case.
-Double kiss coin purse - as an everyday wallet - so cute!
-Small cosmetic pouch - I added a wristlet strap to it and put it in my purse. I can take it out of one purse and put it in another. I can also pull the cosmetic pouch out of my purse and still carry it to a restroom as a chic looking bag.
-Cosmetic bag - I can't remember the name but it is a perfect size for my work items and is vinyl lined (with a nice print, not clear!) with an outside magnetic pocket, and two inside mesh pockets.

I bought that one in Lime's Up for our trip 2 weeks ago and it was the perfect size for everything. I got the matching Zip ID and it worked perfect for the cash I was carrying and I could put my ticket and room kep in the back zipper section. I'm a larger girl and it easily went across me and didn't weigh me down like the hipster did.

I won 3 VB auctions on ebay today and earlier this month at the outlet in Orlando I bought 4 VB items, but I'm not obsessed:lmao::rotfl2::happytv::rotfl:

Cutes items.:)

Has anyone bought either one of these patterns yet? I just want to buy something to have these colors in my collection! :love:
233673_1_1.jpg

I can't say that I NEED anything, but I really WANT something!

I bought the Saddle Up, Turn Lock Wallet, & of course, matching key chain in Limes Up. :goodvibes These were my first VB purchases. EVER. :eek: It was a "girls' weekend" and all the cool kids were doing it. :rotfl: I've wanted a VB for a while, but never took the time to look for one. I LOVE mine! I want to buy myself a Hipster for the WDW, and a mini Hipster for DD's 12th bday. Finding a pattern is what's so hard. I like Viva la Vera, because it matches everything, but my BFF has it & I don't wanna steal her pattern! I would like something kinda like Symphony in Hue, but I don't see it in the Hipsters. I guess I'll wait for the Fall collection.

Does anybody ever look at the blog OhMyVera? Apparently some of the stores are having the Winter 2012 preview now and she posted a little video/pictures of 3 of the patterns. Sounds like there will be another set for winter too. It is so hard to keep up with all the patterns these days. There's 6 coming out for fall, and then atleast 3 more for winter?! Crazy!

Here's the link to the Winter patterns. What do you think? I think Ribbons is cute.
http://www.ohmyvera.com/

I bought the Saddle Up, Turn Lock Wallet, & of course, matching key chain in Limes Up. :goodvibes These were my first VB purchases. EVER. :eek: It was a "girls' weekend" and all the cool kids were doing it. :rotfl: I've wanted a VB for a while, but never took the time to look for one. I LOVE mine! I want to buy myself a Hipster for the WDW, and a mini Hipster for DD's 12th bday. Finding a pattern is what's so hard. I like Viva la Vera, because it matches everything, but my BFF has it & I don't wanna steal her pattern! I would like something kinda like Symphony in Hue, but I don't see it in the Hipsters. I guess I'll wait for the Fall collection.

I love all the colors, but it's so hard trying to pick a favorite, especially when you're trying to match everything. I like the navy and the black designs so that it can somewhat match everything. I love my Camellia :goodvibes, it really does go with everything!

So I got an Amazon gift certificate for a work reward and thought I'd try one out. I ordered the hipster in the darkest color I could find that I thought the print would suit me (happy snails). I got it last fall, used it and was teased by my family for carrying it....

:rotfl::rotfl:My eldest grand daughter used to tease me about my Vera Bradley bags, calling them 'Granny Bags'. Then a couple of years ago, she came over and I caught her in the spare bedroom closet where I keep all my Vera Bradley stuff. She had stuff scattered all over the bed, floor, dresser, etc, organized in piles. (I collect flip flops also and she and both my daugher-in-laws are always going shopping in my flip flop collection, so I knew exactly what she was up to:rotfl::rolleyes1). I still asked her what she was doing and she asked if she could have those (and pointed to a pile of purses, wallets, makeup bags, a small and a large duffel, a few wristlets, a couple of totes, two backpacks, and a few odds and ends that were in one pile on the bed). I almost fainted. I told her no way, there was absolutely no way I'd push off all those "Granny Bags" on her, as there was no way I'd want her friends to make fun of her.:rolleyes1 I reminded her how she's always made fun of my Vera Bradley stuff.:rotfl: She informed me that the 'cool kids' in her school had started carrying them and now everyone wanted them. She said she and her mom (my exD-I-L) had went shopping for them, but they were too expensive, so she just knew I'd want my "favorite grand daughter" to be in style, so could she please go shopping in my closet, like she does for flip flops all the time.:rotfl: After giving her a hard time for awhile, I finally told her she could pick one small and one large duffel, a couple of wristlets, one large tote, one back pack, one mini hipster, one lanyard with zip ID, and then one purse, wallet, makeup bag, and tech bag set that matched. I also gave her one VB pen and pencil set that she hadn't seen yet, because they were in my computer room. Unfortunately she picked mostly stuff I had just bought. She was happy with her choices, but then stuck her lip out, gazed longingly at the rest of the stuff I told her to put back in the closet and said "Are you sure you don't want to give me anything else and if not, can I bring this stuff back later and trade it in for some different colors, so everyone will just think I have alot?":rotfl:

I've got a Symphony in Hue mini hipster. Have you checked on ebay? That's where I got mine. I also got a all in one wristlet, tech bag, a trip kit, a make up bag, and a Villager in Symphony in Hue all on ebay. All were new with tags. I carry the wristlet just about every time I go to WDW, because it pretty much goes with anything.

I bought that one in Lime's Up for our trip 2 weeks ago and it was the perfect size for everything. I got the matching Zip ID and it worked perfect for the cash I was carrying and I could put my ticket and room kep in the back zipper section. I'm a larger girl and it easily went across me and didn't weigh me down like the hipster did.

I have a zip id in night and day and I just tried it out with the purse last night. I'm glad to hear it worked for you - I can't wait to try it out at Disney :cool1:

http://www.verabradley.com/category/Category/Dorm-Room/937/pc/638.uts

Almost makes me want to go back to school, not quite though! :rotfl:
But how much fun!?!

Cute - for school or a single girl. My DH would sleep in another bed though :rotfl: He's still miffed I was able to get purple carpet in our room (it is a dark, dark purple and everything else in the room is ivory, beige, and dark wood - so it's not girlie at all). Maybe I can get it for DD and sleep in her room sometimes :lmao:

Check out ebay. Some folks sell new Veras with tags. If you like a style and color, it might also be cheaper than what it was normally. I just got a Libby style doing this.

:rotfl::rotfl:My eldest grand daughter used to tease me about my Vera Bradley bags, calling them 'Granny Bags'. Then a couple of years ago, she came over and I caught her in the spare bedroom closet where I keep all my Vera Bradley stuff. She had stuff scattered all over the bed, floor, dresser, etc, organized in piles. (I collect flip flops also and she and both my daugher-in-laws are always going shopping in my flip flop collection, so I knew exactly what she was up to:rotfl::rolleyes1). I still asked her what she was doing and she asked if she could have those (and pointed to a pile of purses, wallets, makeup bags, a small and a large duffel, a few wristlets, a couple of totes, two backpacks, and a few odds and ends that were in one pile on the bed). I almost fainted. I told her no way, there was absolutely no way I'd push off all those "Granny Bags" on her, as there was no way I'd want her friends to make fun of her.:rolleyes1 I reminded her how she's always made fun of my Vera Bradley stuff.:rotfl: She informed me that the 'cool kids' in her school had started carrying them and now everyone wanted them. She said she and her mom (my exD-I-L) had went shopping for them, but they were too expensive, so she just knew I'd want my "favorite grand daughter" to be in style, so could she please go shopping in my closet, like she does for flip flops all the time.:rotfl: After giving her a hard time for awhile, I finally told her she could pick one small and one large duffel, a couple of wristlets, one large tote, one back pack, one mini hipster, one lanyard with zip ID, and then one purse, wallet, makeup bag, and tech bag set that matched. I also gave her one VB pen and pencil set that she hadn't seen yet, because they were in my computer room. Unfortunately she picked mostly stuff I had just bought. She was happy with her choices, but then stuck her lip out, gazed longingly at the rest of the stuff I told her to put back in the closet and said "Are you sure you don't want to give me anything else and if not, can I bring this stuff back later and trade it in for some different colors, so everyone will just think I have alot?":rotfl:

This is histerical! How interesting that Vera is the new thing for the young set. And how lucky for her that her grandmother has a collection. You are awfully nice to do that for her.

But I will say that some of the prints I have seen look like something my grandma would have carried her knitting needles around in. :rolleyes1

But then again, that's what's nice about Vera - the wide selection of styles, colors, and prints that appeal to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter