Vero and Hilton Head not open, why?

Well, you won’t get a few members to banned together to get management changed. You would have better luck winning the powerball.

The way it could *possibly* happen, imo, is for a large entity such as Marriott that is willing to spend a ton of money and leg work on a campaign to get the contract.
The only reason I said "near"" was based on a path to judicial intervention. of course the path to that while not quite lottery odds is still extremely small

Well, to be fair, the Government orders for many places has just been lifted..though is still in place in FL. and we don’t yet know what the plan is for opening. It could be in a few weeks.

I get what you are saying, but getting Disney replaced as property manager is near impossible

Personally, I don’t see them not having opened yet...and they had the legal authority to close...as an issue. I will however see it as one if not open by July 1st, now that Disney has called back CMs for DS and the union representing CMs for DVC resorts came to an agreement last week for a safety plan.
I thought FL did lift orders. DS is open and most hotels are. Timeshares have been. Even the Marriott timeshares have pools open with social distancing. And Universal is about to open. So....not sure the issues with Disney.

Second, how do we KNOW Disney and the union came to agreement last week? Disney hasnt announced a thing. Even when everyone was saying they were to present their opening plan to the Gov...they didn't. But Universal did.

I thought FL did lift orders. DS is open and most hotels are. Timeshares have been. Even the Marriott timeshares have pools open with social distancing. And Universal is about to open. So....not sure the issues with Disney.

Second, how do we KNOW Disney and the union came to agreement last week? Disney hasnt announced a thing. Even when everyone was saying they were to present their opening plan to the Gov...they didn't. But Universal did.

FL is in phases of opening, but the executive order for the state of emergency was extended and not canceled, Technically, by the POS, that is all that is needed to give them the legal right to stay closed, It doesn’t require them to be ordered and it doesn’t matter what else is happening elsewhere,

It was reported all over the that the union and WDW came to the agreement on safety protocol, which is what went into effect with the opening of DS.

The property management agreement that Disney has with DVC also has played a role in this too and that is why I am going to be requesting a copy of it, especially if we do not get info. From what I read elsewhere...take with a grain of salt...is that Disney put off presenting when they got rumor of Universal opening so soon...sounds like they were caught off guard and now may be pushing up their original timeline which had it later than that,

The specific part of emergency powers that is clear is that shut down needs to be as short as possible to what is considered reasonable. Now that CMs are back working at DS, IMO, it does give DVCM the ability to push Disney to call back CMs to get resorts open in a reasonable timeframe,,,to me that is mid to late June, but July 1st At the latest,

Like I shared, I contacted them at the beginning to confirm the legal basis for closing and was satisfied with the answer, So, now I think it’s time to push since CMs are back at work.
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2020/05/15/568739.htm

I certainly hadn’t contemplated when buying into DVC, “what if they shut down and hold my money hostage”. With a shutdown for “safety” precedent now set, another significant reason not to own a timeshare. This is just significantly beyond reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter