VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I thought that as well, but would have expected it to not show availability at 7:59am. I thought if you walked a reservation, you needed to call before the unit would become available at 11/7 months, maybe the day before.

Anyway, we did get a GV at OKW for 8/21 for three nights, and yesterday we did get a Beach cottage for 8/23 for 2 nights. Also waitlisted a Beach Cottage for the nights of 8/21 & 8/22. A lot of points tied up in these reservations.

Hope you are right about the possible renovations. Are there published dates for the cottage reno's ?

mac_tlc

An update !!!!

During halftime of the basketball game Sunday, I thought I would check a little DVC inventory and, although I have a pending waitlist, thought I'd check Vero Beach 3-bdr beach cottage for the two days we were looking for in August.

Eureka! Resort availability tool shows availability for August 21 - 25. We only need 21 & 22. OK -- quick call to MS to cancel my OKW GV and book the Beach cottage.... but its Sunday, too late , MS is closed (about 6:30 Eastern). Ok, now what ????

Quick log in to DVC member site, check one more time -- still available. There are no more OKW GV's for 8/21 - 8/25, so if I cancel it, I wont get it back ....... but I have to cancel it because I want to use those banked points to grab the Beach Cottage.......

OK - go for it --- cancel OKW --- quickly get into on-line reservation -- Beach cottage still there for 8/21 & 8/22 --- grab it ......

Was able to use the banked points that I wanted to use, so now we have a Beach cottage for 4 nights -- 8/21 through 8/25.

If there is a moral to this little story, it to keep checking availability even if you have a waitlist. The waitlists are not "dynamic" so they won't automatically fill.

I went back and checked availability after I reserved the Beach Cottage, and there were none for 8/21 & 8/22.

I hope the reno is done by then, I would love to stay in a "new" Beach Cottage.

mac_tlc

Congratulations on getting that reservation!!! And I hope that the Beach Cottage will be done, too. Because then you can bring back pictures for us here of the newly renovated Beach Cottage!! Have a great trip!

Congratulations on getting that reservation!!! And I hope that the Beach Cottage will be done, too. Because then you can bring back pictures for us here of the newly renovated Beach Cottage!! Have a great trip!

That's a deal! Plenty of pictures will be brought back and posted.

mac_tlc

An update !!!!

Was able to use the banked points that I wanted to use, so now we have a Beach cottage for 4 nights -- 8/21 through 8/25.

If there is a moral to this little story, it to keep checking availability even if you have a waitlist. The waitlists are not "dynamic" so they won't automatically fill.

I went back and checked availability after I reserved the Beach Cottage, and there were none for 8/21 & 8/22.

mac_tlc

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. We have a Beach Cottage for the first week in May and I know the reno will not be done by then. :sad1:

This will be the first time in Vero, not for us, but for the people we are bringing alog with us and a nice shiny clean renovated Cottage would have been soooo wonderful.

OK....so when it's all in perspective....this is definitely a First World whine and I'm just happy we snagged a Beach Cottage and will enjoy all the other renovations at the resort! :yay:

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. We have a Beach Cottage for the first week in May and I know the reno will not be done by then. :sad1:

This will be the first time in Vero, not for us, but for the people we are bringing alog with us and a nice shiny clean renovated Cottage would have been soooo wonderful.

OK....so when it's all in perspective....this is definitely a First World whine and I'm just happy we snagged a Beach Cottage and will enjoy all the other renovations at the resort! :yay:

Even an "old" Beach Cottage is a fabulous place to spend a week. Lots of space and great ocean views from the upper floor balcony. Plus the rest of the resort to enjoy!

Have a great trip. I'm sure your guests will love it.

mac_tlc

June 5-12th, 2 BR, 2nd visit. I didn't realize the 2BRs aren't ocean front until reading these comment! I'm going to see if I can swap for 2 studios . Probably not going to happen, but I'll go try now!

June 5-12th, 2 BR, 2nd visit. I didn't realize the 2BRs aren't ocean front until reading these comment! I'm going to see if I can swap for 2 studios . Probably not going to happen, but I'll go try now!
You want 2 ocean view inn rooms, not 2 studios for guaranteed ocean view.

We consider Vero our second home. Heading down next week for our 12th stay from 4/12/2017-4/17/2017 then off to "Home Resort" the Boardwalk for five more days.
We usually stay in the Inn OV room. It's such a great resort!!

Can anyone verify the 4th floor layout attached?

Attachments

• VERO ROOM Layout.pdf
    217.7 KB · Views: 54
Just booked VB for August 13-19. Very excited. This will be our fourth trip to VB. We absolutely love the resort. Looking forward to seeing the new dining options. I won't even mention the "H" word.

Lets start adding names for Roll Call 2017. If you want your stay to be added please post or PM me your stay dates. Also, let me know what number stay this is for you and what type of reservation. I will put that number and info after your username. I will also try to update the info with current rates. If anyone has picture of renovated room or the new Winds and Waves please post the, my last stay was in a non renovated room and the restaurants were not updated yet. Thanks Rick
My wife and I will be there May 28 - June 3 in a one bedroom. It will be our 22nd stay. We've stayed every Memorial Day week since 1997 so this will be the 20th anniversary of our first stay. We also were there for NY's Eve 1999. Remember Y2K? We follow this with a week at BWV.

Doin' the happy dance! :yay: DH and I check in, in 8 days! It'll be our first time to VBR and I'm excited! Been needing some beach time. We check in 4/28 and check out 5/1 then and head to WDW to check in to SSR for 5 days.

How's the surf and temps this time of year?

Doin' the happy dance! :yay: DH and I check in, in 8 days! It'll be our first time to VBR and I'm excited! Been needing some beach time. We check in 4/28 and check out 5/1 then and head to WDW to check in to SSR for 5 days.

How's the surf and temps this time of year?

We'll be there the same time in that un-renovated beach cottage !! Just looked up the temps and it appears to be mostly mid to high 80's for the week with little rain. Although with all the fires going on in Florida, rain would be awfully helpful to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter