VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Is it necessary to rent a car when staying at VBR?

If you plan on venturing outside of the resort/meals, activities, etc., you will need a car. Beach Bites is within walking distances but that is about it.

Is the water too cold to swim in in February? looking at going to Vero next February for something different. Also, are there studio rooms with two beds or do all studios just have a bed and a sleeper sofa? Thanks!
We have been both February of this year and last. The pool is heated and very comfortable to be in. We went in the ocean for brief periods of time, I think we were in the minority on that!

Anyone have very recent beach pics? Significant work was done and curious what it looks like now.

Just wanted to show how steep it is, sorry about it being sideways :(

Attachments

• 93664DA7-94CA-4952-8E62-A3953C072683.jpeg
    93664DA7-94CA-4952-8E62-A3953C072683.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 57
Just wanted to show how steep it is, sorry about it being sideways :(
Thanks for posting. When I was there in February, it was surprising how much sand they brought in. I assumed they would have spread it out more, but it looks like they just made the dunes wider? At the bottom of the steep slope, does the beach flatten before the water? Or does it slope right into the water?

We have a 3 night stay at Vero Beach in May. I have booked 2 nights on my own points and 1 night rented. Is there a email adress where i can contact vero beach that they link the two reservations ? we dont want to change the room for the 1 night :-)
at wdw i asks memberservice to add a note in the reservation

Thanks for posting. When I was there in February, it was surprising how much sand they brought in. I assumed they would have spread it out more, but it looks like they just made the dunes wider? At the bottom of the steep slope, does the beach flatten before the water? Or does it slope right into the water?

It does flatten out a bit and the further you walk, left or right, might have more flat and less of that steep hill.

So we are staying at AKL for 15 nights and then Vero for 6 nights in August. What’s the time frame for the mugs to continue working?

I didn’t know this was possible
We have had mugs that were activated for 14 days at purchase and then reactivated for another 14 days as our trip extended past the 14-day point. The expiration date displayed on the drink dispensers when we were filling the mugs. I think that the mug can be reactivated at no charge for a longer stay. Keep your receipt, and check the expiration date that displays on the drink dispenser as you near the end of your AKL stay. You could have them do the reactivation so you can continue to use the mug for the entire length of your vacation.

I have a question about Vero Beach. The umbrella and chairs rental is cheaper for members. Do we Need a Blue Card for this Discount?

In the past the mugs were good for 14 days. Not sure what it is now.
Technically, the mugs are activated for 14 days, but are valid for the length of stay. I think it’s just easier for the selling cast member to activate for a standard 1-day period even for shorter stays, rather than figuring out what the length of stay is for each purchaser. If your stay is longer than 14 days, they can be reactivated for another 14-day period. We have done this, showing our original receipt for the reactivatoon. We have also had mugs initially activated for 28 days by letting the cast member know at time of purchase. Apparently, they can control the chip activation period.

I have a question about Vero Beach. The umbrella and chairs rental is cheaper for members. Do we Need a Blue Card for this Discount?
I assume it is required, as I have been asked to show the card for the discount in the past. You should still ask for the discount, if you are not a blue card member, as I have also received it without producing the card. So, as often is the case, it sometimes depends on the cast member.

Speaking of umbrella and chairs rentals . . . Does anyone know if you can call ahead and reserve umbrella/chairs for length of stay or for certain days?

I assume it is required, as I have been asked to show the card for the discount in the past. You should still ask for the discount, if you are not a blue card member, as I have also received it without producing the card. So, as often is the case, it sometimes depends on the cast member.

Thanks. We are white card member. Can show them my digital card :-)

Speaking of umbrella and chairs rentals . . . Does anyone know if you can call ahead and reserve umbrella/chairs for length of stay or for certain days?

Thats nice to know. We go Memorial Day We, i think this will be very full :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter