Vero Beach Meal Suggestions

justadreamaway77

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for restaurant suggestions around Vero Beach. We love seafood and will probably want it for every meal.

Ocean Grill, Squid Lips, and Captain Hiram’s are often mentioned. We haven’t been in a few years, so will look to see what others say here. Of these we like Captain Hiram’s the most.

Ocean Grill, Squid Lips, and Captain Hiram’s are often mentioned. We haven’t been in a few years, so will look to see what others say here. Of these we like Captain Hiram’s the most.
We’re Ocean Grill fans. DW doesn’t do seafood, so the Ocean Grill prime rib gets her nod while I enjoy one of the wide variety of seafood options, frequently the catch of the day.

I'm also looking for Vero beach restaurant suggestions. I don't eat seafood but my husband does sometimes so we would be looking for restaurants that have more than just seafood.

We're going as well for the first time this August-looking for dining places as well! Suggestions for eating on the water (if it's not too hot), would also be appreciated. We like steak, burgers, chicken and some seafood. Thanks!

While not on the beach, we enjoy Taco Dive in Vero proper. Great inexpensive casual mexican

We ate at the Riverside Cafe last July. Sunset on the bay was nice. My kids have asked to go back this year. Staying an extra night so will be looking for something new myself.

Please do yourself a favor… Do NOT visit Hiram’s for a meal. A drink at the bar while the band plays…. Fine.
Squid lips sucks as well, but there is a huge redo wrapping up.
Both places are tourist places. Locals do not eat there.

Where to eat??
In vero, as suggested, Ocean Grill is a favorite.
Also Bobby’s.
If you have a car and can drive, Yellow Dog Cafe, but that’s 1/2 hour north and more expensive than Ocean Grilll.

In Sebastian… as said avoid Hiram’s at all cost.
Hiram’s is on Indian River DRIVE (not to be confused with blvd in Vero). There are a few places in Indian River Drive that I can recommend, but depends on what you’re looking for and family make up.

ETA: I live nine minutes from the Vero resort

Oh… forgot to mention CJ Cannon’s at the airport.
Fantastic little spot. Great menu and good food. Plus you get to overlook the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter