Verrrrry Disappointed!

Well, if you come back with the family, I'd say to go ahead and inconvience them by heading to the Publix just to the north. You could have pre-checked into your room, settled everyone in at the pool, and then taken a trip to the grocery store getting a styrophone cooler in the beer isle and filling it with water, soda, milk, beer, and doughnuts. Yes, this takes an hour, and is a lot of work after traveling, getting a rental car, and arriving, but well worth it. You tell the people you are with, that having the drinks in the room saves time, especially breakfast in the morning eating doughnuts with milk.
I just got back from Hershey two weeks ago. We visited the park first, then checked into our room at 3pm, and I was dead tired. Yet I went to the grocery store, and bought everything we needed. It pays off when you have a practially unlimited supply of drinks, beer, snacks, and doughnuts/milk for the next morning. The Publix you were looking for is at
4606 S. Kirkman Road
Orlando Fl 32811
You go out of USF to Kirkman, make a left, go north about 1 mile to Conroy Road, and it's at the NorthWest Corner of the intersection. Bring up maps.yahoo.com and type in that address.
When we stayed at the HRH a couple months ago, it took 3 trips to bring our luggage and coolers up. A lot of work, a lot of walking, but worth it once you are settled in. And believe it or not, any drinks or snacks left over, can go on the plane ride home. The cooler? Just leave it next to the ice machine, or in the rental car.

Thanks, Robvia for the Publix tip.
Like I said, we usually do all that stuff, but I didn't want to inconvenience my friends.
We're taking the Disney Cruise next April with 14 other families (!) and me and my husband already talked about this: Doing what WE want to do and not worrying about everyone else.

All in all, we had a great time.
Although we often travel to Florida in September & October when the weather is a bit cooler than July, the heat Definitely had a lot to do with everyones attitude, including mine.

I forgot to post a trip report on the Little Rockers Club, which I'll do on a different thread.

As far as the negativity towards this post, aaahhh, that's fine......How many times have I opened my mouth ? I still have Foot -In-Mouth disease, so I forgive and forget.....

Thanks for the report I agree the added tip at the pool is not good we ended up paying a 40%tip as they had added the tip already they aso add the tip at all the onsite pools:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter