VERY Impressed with Davids

Just yesterday I put up 220 SSR points and 202 OKW points that I knew we were not going to use. Within minutes I had 2 requests emailed to me from David's. The first request was for the entire 220 SSR points and the second request used all of the 202 OKW points plus I had to borrow a few points into 2014 use year (my choice and I was okay with that).

Took me a few minutes to call member services and make the 2 separate reservations.

The first contract was signed within a couple of hours and our 50% was deposited the same afternoon. The second contract was signed this morning and our 50% for that reservation has been deposited already.

I can't believe how fast the process was and I am thrilled that my part is complete and I just have to wait for the rest of the money to come in when the guests check in to their villas.

For those interested: The SSR points were used for a 2 bedroom standard view @ AKV (7 month reservation) and the OKW points were used for a 2 bedroom OKW reservation (11 month reservation).

We have been cruising a lot the last couple years and have accumulated DVC banked points.
We have not wanted to hassle with renting but just could not find time to go to Disney and could not give away to our married kids(they did not want).
Sunday night I listed my 150 banked points with David's. The form asks the number of total points this use year which also included points we could bank into next year.
I figured hope for the best and if need be I would do a moms trip with a few friends if points hadn't rented within a few months.
WOW---Monday morning I had request for 122 points. I made reservation and when I sat down to lunch the payment had hit my email.
I was amazed and very thankful for Davids:).
I had hope that the rest would be rented by when the current ones needed to be banked at end of March.
Today, I got a request for the rest of them and made that reservation.
I now have $2000 spending money for my cruise.;)
Again, very impressed with the ease of using David's Rentals and thankful for the service they provide.

Likewise. We could not use our points for 2013 and was looking to sell them. we were paid 1/2 of the sale price now and will be paid the balance at the time of the trip. Super easy. Davids sent a very clear agreement on Thursday. I signed electronically. On Friday, they had a buyer. I received the buyers details (dates, names, ages, and address) and booked their room. Same day we had cash in our paypal account! Thank you Davids.

:cool1:

I apologize if this info is out there and readily available as I did not read through all of the posts on this thread, I was just browsing...and without contacting David, (as I am not renting out points or looking to rent points) I am just wondering what the best way to get info on how Davids rental process works?

Such as, how much do the points rent for when someone wants to rent a DVC resort to take a vacation? And how much does the owner get paid per point?
Does the owner who is renting out their points have to book the reservation? If so, what if the owners points get rented, but the reservation is not available?

Just curious. I have a couple of co-workers that would probably rent out points for a DVC resort instead of paying for a hotel room and would like to pass on some reliable information.

TIA

I apologize if this info is out there and readily available as I did not read through all of the posts on this thread, I was just browsing...and without contacting David, (as I am not renting out points or looking to rent points) I am just wondering what the best way to get info on how Davids rental process works?

Such as, how much do the points rent for when someone wants to rent a DVC resort to take a vacation? And how much does the owner get paid per point?
Does the owner who is renting out their points have to book the reservation? If so, what if the owners points get rented, but the reservation is not available?

Just curious. I have a couple of co-workers that would probably rent out points for a DVC resort instead of paying for a hotel room and would like to pass on some reliable information.

TIA

All the information you might need, either as an owner or a renter, is on the website. Here is a link.
http://www.dvcrequest.com/

Likewise. We could not use our points for 2013 and was looking to sell them. we were paid 1/2 of the sale price now and will be paid the balance at the time of the trip. Super easy. Davids sent a very clear agreement on Thursday. I signed electronically. On Friday, they had a buyer. I received the buyers details (dates, names, ages, and address) and booked their room. Same day we had cash in our paypal account! Thank you Davids.

:cool1:

I was hoping my experience would have been the same. I listed BLT points last week, and have only received one reservation request....and it was for more points than I could even borrow. :confused3

With all the praises of such fast service, and larger demand than supply, I thought for sure my points would be gone by now. Still hopeful they will rent out soon!

Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

I'm just curious, so free free to ignore my question, LOL - I'm wondering what the home resort of the points were and if you were using the home resort advantage to book the requested reservations.

I'm postulating that some resorts rent faster than others and thinking that was part of your good luck with the timing.

We started to use David's to rent out some of our points a couple of years ago and it was only AFTER I'd signed up that he informed me that our SSR points could take months to rent out. I wished I'd known that up front before we went through the contract. So I immediately set out to find a different means to get rid of them and lucked into somebody here on the DIS who just wanted a points transfer. So we cancelled our contract to rent out thru David's and did the transfer instead. I wasn't interested in waiting months & months to "get paid". So I think the service works OK if you're not in a hurry to get the funds or if you own at the more in-demand resorts. Perhaps his demand for SSR has changed :confused3 from what it was back in early 2011 and maybe he doesn't care which resort they come from now but I felt like a leper back then when he told me that. I was just thankful that David's allowed us to cancel the contract without any hassles after we found out he had a problem with renting SSR points.

We're sold on renting from David's, but does anyone here know the minimum number of points he'll rent you? We're headed to DCL so a shorter, maybe 4 day, stay is what we want.

We're sold on renting from David's, but does anyone here know the minimum number of points he'll rent you? We're headed to DCL so a shorter, maybe 4 day, stay is what we want.

I believe it was 100 when I rented my points last year.

People rented from me through David's for a reservation that was 72 points. Actually they checked in today.

I know there is a minimum of points if you want to rent yours out but I don't know what minimum if any there is for booking a stay. There probably isn't one.

Can't say enough good things about David's rentals. We had points that had to be used by 7-31-13 and knew that there was no way that we would be using them. I thought about giving them to co-workers for free (which I have done in the past with no so much as a thank you card!) so we decided to try and rent them. They were gone in no time (we own at OKW and AKL). My daughter graduates Pharmacy school next year and she told me that she had no interest in using the points from 2013 so we decided to rent these also because my DH and I have 2 cruises planned on RCCL. Needless to say, the points were rented within 2 weeks and the whole process was painless to me and the money was in my paypal the next day!

I would use David's rentals again in a heartbeat. I was always leary of renting my points out on my own because I just didn't have the time or patience to go back and forth but with David's, the worry of not receiving your money is non-existant and it was one phone call to member services to make the reservation. You do have to be diligent about checking your email since the reservation rental goes to the first person who responds (we were slow to open our email once and lost the rental) but all of my 2012 and 2013 points are rented out.

We just listed our points with David's. We have rented out on our own previously and were nervous the entire time. All renters were great in the end, but it takes a lot of trust on both sides! We wanted to eliminate nervous part on our end this time. Staff has been great, we'll see if the time to rent is as short as previously said by other posters!

We rented 3 sets of points (really 4 since one is for 2 rooms) with Davids. I could not believe how quick and easy it was each time (especially since DH handled it).

We just listed our points with David's. We have rented out on our own previously and were nervous the entire time. All renters were great in the end, but it takes a lot of trust on both sides! We wanted to eliminate nervous part on our end this time. Staff has been great, we'll see if the time to rent is as short as previously said by other posters!

We are new to DVC and listed some "extra" points that came with our contract (SSR). They were rented the same day, and this was on a Sunday! Had the first half of payment the next day. Add us to the very impressed list! I would definitely use them again.

I rented out my Aulani 2013 points in less than a day to two different parties. It was super easy and they were very helpful. I did have to borrow 3 more points than I stated I was willing to do, but that wasn't an issue. I would reccomend David's wholeheartedly. We are using the money to get a beach house for a week in San Diego next summer and our renters check into Aulani in June (their stays overlap, ironically!).

Thank you for all the positive comments. The truth is, I could't do it without you, so please, keep those cards, letters and POINTS coming.

~ David

New to the point rental game, but looking at the Dave site.
If we wanted to go from 11/11 for 10 days in a boardwalk studio, are we out of luck? That is the slow week before thanksgiving, so I'm hoping there will be something available!

You need to submit a request. It's always possible but I wouldn't wait any longer.

JT

Great experience ! We got old key west for nov11-21 !! Way cheaper than doing cbr! Saved almost 700 dollars!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

First let me say, I'm not as new as my post count suggests, I had another name previously and didn't like it so awhile back I changed to this one but have not really been here in awhile.

Anyway, I am very happy to read all the glowing reviews about David's! I'm about to sign up to rent out some points through him and I was a little nervous but this thread has really put me at ease!!

Can someone tell me how it works money-wise? How do you get payment??

First let me say, I'm not as new as my post count suggests, I had another name previously and didn't like it so awhile back I changed to this one but have not really been here in awhile.

Anyway, I am very happy to read all the glowing reviews about David's! I'm about to sign up to rent out some points through him and I was a little nervous but this thread has really put me at ease!!

Can someone tell me how it works money-wise? How do you get payment??

Paypal in two increments - half when you make a confirmed reservation and get the details to David, the other half upon completion of travel.

He gets his payment upfront, so there isn't any worries about the renter not paying - he just holds it as insurance that you won't cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter