Very Nervous

Certifiable WDW Nut

Mouseketeer
I booked our first Disney cruise (4-day - 4/4/04) on Friday through DVC Member Services, using our DVC points. Obviously I told MS that I had 4 people - 2 adults, 11yo DD and 4 yo DD. I also said I would like a Category 8 cabin on either deck 6 or 7. MS came back with several different cabin options and I chose cabin 7010.

Today I bought the Passporter for the cruise line and saw that cabin 7010 sleeps 3!!! Is there any chance that DCL, though Member Services, gave me cabin options that weren't big enough to sleep all of us? I can't believe they would do this, but this is my first experience with DCL and using MS for anything than basic DVC reservations.

Does anyone know for sure whether cabin 7010 sleeps 3 or 4? Also for anyone that has done the cruise through DVC, if this was a misunderstanding or mistake, am I going to be liable for the $75 DVC modification fee?

Adding to my anxiety, of course, is that tomorrow is a holiday and I won't be able to call MS until Tuesday morning.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DCL will NOT book your family into a room that cannot hold you. The Passporter is WRONG with their occupancy numbers. Don't worry! ;)

Hi, According to what it says on the Disney Cruise site, it says some sleep four as well as three. I would relax. If they offered that stateroom to you and it isn't correct about sleeping four, I am sure they will change it for you. I would just make sure to call first thing Tuesday and put your mind at ease by double checking. We call in 10 days to book using our DVC points for a May 2 cruise. So hang in there and besdies they are so very understanding about things at DVC that I am sure everything will work out. I get nervous about this kind of stuff all the time and then realize that it doesn't help anything so why get myself worked up. You are going to have the time of your life and after Tuesday you laugh at yourself for wondering why you were doubting your decision. Let me know how you make out. Lynn

Hi! While I love my Passporter and recommend it to everyone who's thinking of cruising on DCL, apparently there are several errors in the book regarding the number of people that a cabin will sleep. We were in 8042 for the Western cruise in April, and according to the Passporter it only sleeps 4, but it actually sleeps 5 (we had the murphy bed, the bunk that pulls down from the ceiling, the twin sofa bed and the queen bed).

I can't verify how many people your cabin actually sleeps, but I think you can rest easy until Tuesday when you call since there were errors in the Passporter! I hope this helps so you don't have to worry! Or perhaps you can call DCL reservations tomorrow and just ask them this question in general so you can put your mind at ease. :)

As others have said, please do NOT WORRY. DCL absolutely CANNOT book you into a room that holds less than the number on the reservation...it is not possible. :)

Unfortunately Passporter has caused many folks unnecessary worry with their inaccurate information regarding stateroom occupancy. You have nothing to worry about, your room most definitely sleeps four. :)

Stateroom 7010 most definitely sleeps 4...we were in that stateroom for our 10/00 Eastern cruise

Thanks everyone - that definitely makes me feel better.

Alexandrew - did you like the cabin? Any noise problems? I am little concerned being so far forward, but I wanted the kids to have a porthole and category 8 seemed like the best use of my points.

Thanks again everybody - I'm new to the Cruise Board and it's good to see everyone is as helpful and nice as the rest of the Dis Boards.

We were in 7000 on the 5/18 Wonder.
When we book again we will definitely request that room again.

I'm sure it is similar to 7010.

Very room for 4. We were me, DH, DD12 & DS9.
The porthole is a good size. We did not feel any motion at all. We enjoyed being so far forward as you are close to the kids clubs, spa, pools, etc.

We had the same issue with the Passporter. I freaked out and called DCL. As others here have assured you, their systems will not allow them to book you in a room that will not accomodate the number in your party.

Rest assured and enjoy!! You are in for the most amazing vacation!!

I was surprised as many have noted about the errors in the Passporter when I received mine a couple of months ago. The thing I noticed was that stateroom 6538 was listed as sleeping 3! Having stayed in it twice with 4 I knew for certain that the listing was wrong.

I emailed Jennifer and Dave and received an email back from Jennifer. Interesting that this information was taken from DCL's brochure! Sure enough I pulled one of my out and it had all of the "errors" in the Passporter! Apparently there was a problem with one of the brochure runs and that happened to be the brochure they worked from. This is why they have the update Verandah Man posted on the Passporter website.

Relax, DCL's reservation system has the right numbers!

Deb

Hello, I just checked the updated room occupancy list that I got from Jennifer and Dave (Passporter) ... room 7010 sleeps 4.

The occupancy number was erroneous for my stateroom, too ... but I assumed from the beginning that the reservationist at DCL knew what she was doing when she booked the room for me.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter