• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Scared

OctoPie

Magus Conjurer-beat that tag fairy!
My sister looked up Bloody Mary on Youtube and I was so scared and I couldn't tell my dad because i was scared to go up stares and he was sleeping. I called my grammy and I told her and I was like "I am so scared I can't walk out of this room" Please don't make fun of me I am only 12. Any tips of getting rid of ym fear

If you are 12, how did you get on the Dis?

I just checked the disboards rules and it says if you're under 13 you have to get special permission. Maybe he did? idk.

And octopie...it's a video. lol it's not real.

I just checked the disboards rules and it says if you're under 13 you have to get special permission. Maybe he did? idk.

And octopie...it's a video. lol it's not real.

but it is scary

How did you get into SmallWorlds and Gaia? You can't send in a form there @_@

And a few things

1) Get over it. It's a video.
2) If you are 12, you should be mature enough to prevent your sister from searching that, or just walking away.
3) Wow. It's a video. It's NOT REAL!

I get scared too.. and im 13

Doesn't mean you need to yell at somebody.

I'm sure you have fears too, that aren't real. :mad:

I didn't yell...

And I'm afraid of darkness, but darkness is real

Honestly you were really rude to him. Things don't have to be real to be afraid of them! I'm afraid of Freddy Kruger and i'm 14. Is he real no a fictional character but i'm scared of him. Honestly just because you think someones fear is rediculous doesn't mean you can critize it.

As for octo there really is no way to get rid of a fear unless you can manage a way to figure out to prove to yourself it's not real. But youtube stuff always is not very truthful.

I'm afraid of Stephen King's It.
o_O
I'm Plain Afraid Of Clowns.
They're Terrifying.
Last year when a clown came to our school I almost fainted.

I didn't yell...

And I'm afraid of darkness, but darkness is real

But darkness it's self can't hurt you. But yet you're still afraid. You let your immagination go wild.

Bloody Mary is folklore.
The only way to get past your fear is to face it head on. Repeat to yourself that it's not real. Then go on to more pleasant thoughts. Do not let your fear get the best of you.

:hug:

Angelcake: My best friend is also afraid of clowns because of the movie It. And she's an adult with 3 kids!

I'm afraid of bees and any flying stinging insects, and even flying insects that dont actually sting but look like they would :rotfl:

I once jumped (successfully I might add) off a roof to avoid a wasp. Yes a real roof :rotfl:

I once jumped (successfully I might add) off a roof to avoid a wasp. Yes a real roof :rotfl:

:lmao: That's a really funny image I have in my head. I'm not making fun of your fear, just the thought of you jumping off of a roof. I'd be the exact opposite. I'd stay up there and let myself get stung because I'm afraid of heights. I probably wouldn't get up on a roof in the first place.

i'm 14 and i'm afraid of that guy from saw you know jigsaw eh i cant even type his name without getting chills and one night i was watching scary movie 4 with my friends and i had to close my eyes! i'm also afraid of chucky eh i hate horror movie but on the other hand i love them

Octopie, I'm ## years old ( :) ) and I still get very scared. Honestly, I can't even watch a commercial for a scary movie without flipping out. It's no fun being scared - I know the feeling all too well.

For those of you that don't understand, yes, you can try and rationalize the fear by saying it's not real. I KNOW a horror film or video is not real, but that scary feeling is still there for me. You can't rationalize it away. And it has nothing to do with age. Don't make light of her fear. What causes the fear is certainly not real, but the fear itself IS.

The feeling will pass with time, however. I suggest you not visit any more scary videos... watch scary movies... read scary books. Sometimes I'm tempted... but I've learned as I've grown older, it's better to resist because otherwise I'd have to deal with that fear for months afterwards and there's no movie/book/video worth having to go through that.

You'll get through it. Keep the lights on if you have to. Read a good book. Fill your head with happy thoughts until it passes.

:hug:

I'm afraid of bees and any flying stinging insects, and even flying insects that dont actually sting but look like they would :rotfl:

t5soba.jpg

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter