very short trip report from October 2013

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
Hey there. :) I'm Molly, with hubby = Robert (product tester who has pretty much been gone for half of the last year for work, just not all at once) and son = Eamon (said like "aidan" but not quite). We like Disney and Universal and I like taking pictures.

I never actually finished my Feb report, so I'll be sure to type out October's trip all right here right now. I just want a place to put down some pictures and words. Not many because even though it should have been 4 fabulous days, we spent more than 2 of those looking at the walls of our room.

We had spent some time at WDW b/c of a rundisney event (Oh Universal, how about some runUNI events? how fun would THAT be?) and we were moving slow. As it came time to move over to the "dark side", the kidlet was running down more than the grownups. He was getting a FAST moving cold. We had our vitamins, we tried to feed him well, we tried and tried, but it was hitting.

In a frantic wish to have at least SOME fun, the moment we got to Royal Pacific we tried to get moving.

This guy looks way happier in the sunshine.

DSCF1237_zps55e2dd5a.jpg

So tempting for Robert to get b/c of his product-testing job...

DSCF1239_zps2ca554fe.jpg

Hmm. Lunch of champions? In retrospect maybe all that sugar wasn't THE best idea ever, but you know how sometimes when you're not feeling 100% you just can't make yourself eat the right foods? That's how he was. Convenient, since we were going to Wizarding World.

DSCF1243_zps8d45f7b1.jpg

Someone noticed this turtle-dude in the water back behind the 3 Broomsticks.

DSCF1255_zps7bc84d4f.jpg

Great sign.

DSCF1267_zps4e9e9074.jpg

King's Cross station! And us.

DSCF1270_zps3310799b.jpg

As far as I recall we actually rode no rides that day. Went in for some food, some chocolate souvenirs, and that was it.

We did have dinner at the pool-side restaurant at RPR. VERY tasty veggie burger, and whatever Robert got was enjoyed, and I think the kiddo got mac&cheese, which he didn't have much of an appetite for. Poor kid.

OK the following "videos" are actually for the AUDIO. Just ignore the walking&taping thing. The sounds upon approaching IOA are some of my fave sounds in the world, especially since DLR got rid of their neat noises as your pass is swiped.

But the absolute best is what comes next, which sounds like someone is tap-dancing to that music above and I love love LOVE it. Not sure why, but it just speaks to my ears.

The next day was spent doing nothing. Nothing but staring at the walls and wondering about our post-Universal plans (which were something of a surprise for me and a total surprise and secret for E, and required answering certain questions truthfully, like have you had GI problems in the last x days and have you had a fever in the last x days?). There was a fever on the 10th, I believe. But not after that.

The day after that, we tried to get out. Chose US and headed on over.

DSCF1275_zpsef3a94f4.jpg

DSCF1281_zps64c3db73.jpg

DSCF1283_zps59888f5b.jpg

And....DS called it a day. Too hot, too sweaty, too tired.

I think we caught the Transformers ride on the way out, but that was it.

The following day was my birthday. My aunt and her family were coming out from the east coast of Florida. We had a VERY low key day b/c E was recovering and their kids haven't yet gone to the Universal themeparks. Ate home-made, 4 ingredient pound cake (sugar, flour, vanilla, butter...hello delicious!)...spent a bunch of time talking...ate at Margaritaville where my little girl-cousin LOVED the volcano...and played some minigolf which was a serious highlight of the trip. We split up into the correct sized groups, but when you are a larger group you do sort of become an amorphous blob when golfing, and we had to urge the kidlets along so as to not create tantrums in the people behind us!

DSCF1294_zps4c58b267.jpg

After they left for home, DH sprang the surprise on E/sort of me. We were packing up and heading out to the Hyatt at the airport, and instead of going home the next day, we were going on a.....'nother cruise.

:faint:

(and that's the end of my Oct 2013 Universal trip report)

Nice report Molly.......Lovely pictures........I know what you ean about the mini golf.....we looked to go in once and there was a group of about 10 had just gone in..........we went back another day!!

Nice surprise with the cruise :thumbsup2

Nice report Molly.......Lovely pictures........I know what you ean about the mini golf.....we looked to go in once and there was a group of about 10 had just gone in..........we went back another day!!

Nice surprise with the cruise :thumbsup2

I felt bad about how blobby our group was getting. The problem was the kids and their 15 shots each.

But for each group behind us there was a group behind them and behind them...would we STILL be playing today if we had let each group behind us play through? The other problem is that the youngest child was in a group other than her parents', and her dad kept coming up and helping her, which put his group behind. We tried to do what they said, to break up into smaller groups...the plan just kept breaking down though.

Oh and we nearly missed almost half the course! You have to pay attention to your hole numbers! And not let the kids take the lead, LOL.

I felt bad about how blobby our group was getting. The problem was the kids and their 15 shots each.

But for each group behind us there was a group behind them and behind them...would we STILL be playing today if we had let each group behind us play through? The other problem is that the youngest child was in a group other than her parents', and her dad kept coming up and helping her, which put his group behind. We tried to do what they said, to break up into smaller groups...the plan just kept breaking down though.

Oh and we nearly missed almost half the course! You have to pay attention to your hole numbers! And not let the kids take the lead, LOL.

lol.........you know what they say about the best laid plans!!! With littlies you just have to go with the flow.

We had a couple with a little boy in front of us he was about 5......the dad kept saying to us to go ahead as the little one was taking ages.......we were not in the least bothered as we were in no rush........but we eventually did when the little one announced he was taking a break as he was tired and laid down right beside the hole.......:rotfl: It was so funny, but they were so embarrassed......he wasn't for moving though!!

That`s kids for you ::yes::

glad you showed your pictures.
i saw you in october at rph.....

next time i see youse, i'll yell, "hey molly".........

Great pics! I was so happy to see how quickly the new HP is coming along. From our last visit in July until now..WOW! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter