VGC- questions about items included in villas

pepe3penelope

Princess Ariel at Heart
In July we will be staying at VGC for the 1st time. In fact, this is our 1st time using points. I'd appreciate any input and suggestions. I have some questions about the villas itself at Grand Californian. We are doing a 1 BDR three nights then studio 2 nights. I requested specific room numbers for the World of Color view.

I know Mousekeeping is not included unless you pay additional (don't want/need to).
1) In the 1 bedroom and studios, are the coffee maker filters cone shaped or flat bottom? Are sugar packets, salt n pepper in the villas?
2) In the 1 BDR, are paper towels provided?
3) if you run out of Kleenex or toilet tissue, is there a charge?
4) are there extra trash bags in the trash cans or do I have to provide them?

Thank you so much!:wave2:

In July we will be staying at VGC for the 1st time. In fact, this is our 1st time using points. I'd appreciate any input and suggestions. I have some questions about the villas itself at Grand Californian. We are doing a 1 BDR three nights then studio 2 nights. I requested specific room numbers for the World of Color view.

I know Mousekeeping is not included unless you pay additional (don't want/need to).
1) In the 1 bedroom and studios, are the coffee maker filters cone shaped or flat bottom? Are sugar packets, salt n pepper in the villas? Flat shaped. No packets in the rooms.
2) In the 1 BDR, are paper towels provided? Yes - in both the 1BR and the studios.
3) if you run out of Kleenex or toilet tissue, is there a charge? No. Just ask housekeeping but there will probably already be enough in the villa to last your stay.
4) are there extra trash bags in the trash cans or do I have to provide them? There should be extra. If you need more then ask housekeeping.

Thank you so much!:wave2:

Have fun!

Thank you soooo much for the information! Whew! We are already packing so much stuff because I plan to have snacks and do light meals. :flower3:

Just a thought - you can do an online grocery order from Vons ( a store in the Safeway chain) and your first delivery is free! There is no charge for the service, you just pay the price of the groceries. After the first delivery you pay the fee so it really only works for your first trip unless you have your hubby order the next time ~ we did this on our last trip to VGC and it worked out great :goodvibes

Just a thought - you can do an online grocery order from Vons ( a store in the Safeway chain) and your first delivery is free! There is no charge for the service, you just pay the price of the groceries. After the first delivery you pay the fee so it really only works for your first trip unless you have your hubby order the next time ~ we did this on our last trip to VGC and it worked out great :goodvibes

Looking forward to doing this for our upcoming vacation in August! Any specific location to put in for delivery besides VGC? Any additional info to know about this - like how far in advance we should order, do we need to be there for delivery, how large is the refrigerator in the studios? I think it's like a college dorm fridge, if I remember?

You can go to vons.com and place your order, we did it about a week to 10 days prior just to make sure our delivery day & time was available. We chose a morning delivery.

You pay for the groceries online and they will gladly leave them with bell services. There are fridge/freezers available at bell services so cold groceries are not a problem. When we arrived and checked in we just let them know we had groceries delivered that morning and they brought them up with our bags ~ VERY easy.

I used the resort address located on the DVC website and then confirmed it with the paperwork we received on our DVC confirmation in the mail. We no longer get those, but the address was the same.

There is a coupon code listed on the site to put in for free delivery :)

We are a family of 6 so always stay in the 2 bedrooms, but I'm sure someone here can answer you question about the size of the fridge.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :goodvibes

OP over here! Our 1st DVC trip is 10 days away!!! I have my Von's free delivery code and I downloaded the Von's phone app last night. I was worried they wouldn't have the specific brands I wanted...Boy, was I wrong! I found everything and then some! Even DH liked looking up which 6 pack of beer to order! The only thing I don't like is I can't use a Von's gift card for delivery orders. I plan to call DVC today to confirm the address then I'll most likely place my online order on Thursday. On Friday, I'll call VGC to confirm the order with them as well as my room # requests, etc.

Hopefully someone else will know for sure but I thought I read that if you have alcohol, you need take delivery of it yourself. They won't leave it with bell services.
Oh, no! Really?!?! I think I'll call Von's directly and ask them! When I find out for sure, I'll repost. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm so happy I saw this thread! We will be at VGC in 18 days I believe! First DLR trip!

How close is Vonn's to DLR in case Dh doesn't want to order online?

I love that we can deliver free first time and they don't charge like the services in WDW do.

We always buy too much but we need small stuff and breakfast items! I think we may order!
Staying in a 2BR villa!

Oh, no! Really?!?! I think I'll call Von's directly and ask them! When I find out for sure, I'll repost. Thanks for the heads up!

I think the issue is with bell services, not Von's. I'd love to know the answer, though, for future visits.

Just checked the VGC owners and lovers thread and found a post from a year ago. It says to notify bell services ahead of time so they can make sure someone over the age of 21 is there to take delivery. It's post #2066.

I think the issue is with bell services, not Von's. I'd love to know the answer, though, for future visits. Just checked the VGC owners and lovers thread and found a post from a year ago. It says to notify bell services ahead of time so they can make sure someone over the age of 21 is there to take delivery. It's post #2066.
Thank you! I'll have to find that post! I called Von's delivery service and they directed me to call GCH. I called guest services and she talked to bell services. Either way, Von's has bell services sign for the delivery. We are planning To check in early in the morning. We are dropping off luggage and non perishables with bell services upon arrival. I will also alert them of the Von's delivery time and give them both cell #'s of mine and DH. When Von's arrives, she said bell services can call and I will come to sign for the items. We plan on staying in the pool our 1st day anyway (actually everyday!!!).

In other words, as long as you are present to sign for the alcohol, it's allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter