VGC resale or RIV direct.......

VGC resale or RIV direct

• VGC

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • RIV

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save your money - put it into stocks........

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

macman123

DIS Veteran
Ive put in an offer on VGC which I don't own at.

Its 160 points at $243pp. 3/70/160 points.

But im at WDW now. I could get 200 at RIV for the same money and get $2000 off as they are doing extra inventive plus $1000 extra as I am on property.

I dont go West Coast very often but did stay in VFC last time I went. I only ever go for 3 days, so the 160 point contract is fine.

I have 4,000 points, of which 1,000 are direct - so I am not short of points when staying!

I own around 500 points at RIV. (

I am happy to rent out VGC if I dont use it.

Not sure which way to go..... :)

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
If you think you WILL want to visit the West Coast at least once every three years, I'd own VGC. (I'm biased; I love the resort and just purchased direct points). You really have to own there to be able to book it, as it's so small, and it's such a great resort with a great location.

But if you think you'll be at WDW more frequently, want direct points that can be used anywhere, and want more flexibility, it might be worth buying RIV instead and try your best at 7mo when you do go to Disneyland (or rent out points).

I chose to own at VGC, even though we visit WDW more frequently, because we love VGC and absolutely want to stay there when we do visit.

I own a sufficient amount of points at 3 WDW DVC resorts and decided I wanted VGC points and bought 250points last year. I prefer VGC to the newer VDL. You already have 500 RIV points, plus a lot of other DVC points, so if you prefer VGC to the newer Disneyland villas then I would buy the VGC to get home resort priority there.

I own a sufficient amount of points at 3 WDW DVC resorts and decided I wanted VGC points and bought 250points last year. I prefer VGC to the newer VDL. You already have 500 RIV points, plus a lot of other DVC points, so if you prefer VGC to the newer Disneyland villas then I would buy the VGC to get home resort priority there.

I am never going to get VDL - the tax on top put me off........

This is a tough sell for me, I doubt I'll ever go to DL at all. If I did, there's plenty of cash options, which WDW just doesn't have. There's lots of competition at DL.

Buying into VGC is locking into DL, which I wouldn't want to do.

I also wouldn't buy RIV direct, but it's not like those are the only choices.

Ive put in an offer on VGC which I don't own at.

Its 160 points at $243pp. 3/70/160 points.

But im at WDW now. I could get 200 at RIV for the same money and get $2000 off as they are doing extra inventive plus $1000 extra as I am on property.

I dont go West Coast very often but did stay in VFC last time I went. I only ever go for 3 days, so the 160 point contract is fine.

I have 4,000 points, of which 1,000 are direct - so I am not short of points when staying!

I own around 500 points at RIV. (

I am happy to rent out VGC if I dont use it.

Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, was it listed at 243pp or is that what you offered?

It was tough before to get into VGF, with the Tax situation at VDH, I can only imagine it will get tougher for anything trying at 7 mo.

Another vote for VGC if you plan on going to DL every couple of years and want to stay at VGC regularly. You could possibly get in a 1BR at the 7 mo if you are VERY flexible.

Another vote for VGC if you plan on going to DL every couple of years and want to stay at VGC regularly. You could possibly get in a 1BR at the 7 mo if you are VERY flexible.

I managed last time, but I had to walk it and be right on the button. Stressful if I had just missed it

I managed last time, but I had to walk it and be right on the button. Stressful if I had just missed it
That's why we bought VGC since we travel west at least once a year. We wanted to stay there on a regular basis.

I'm biased but I'd go with VGC. It wouldn't be hard renting out your VGC points when you don't use it. And you already have 500 RIV direct. Not sure what the benefits would be to get another 200? You certainly won't be able to use them at VGC most of the time. Are you thinking to use RIV direct points at VDH as an alternative? Then that kind of makes sense but 7 month availability at VDH is pretty difficult too so far.

It was tough before to get into VGF, with the Tax situation at VDH, I can only imagine it will get tougher for anything trying at 7 mo.
Same. We were pretty convinced we’d add on at VDH until we saw the transient tax per night in addition to the points and dues. More VGC was the way to go!

Another vote for VGC if you are going there even every three years or so. The location can’t be beat, it’s about to have a refurb and When you want to red points, it’s easy to do so and for great point value.

I love VGC and actually offered on that contract a week ago Sunday. However, I'm going to go counter to what everyone is saying and go RIV. The reason you pay the huge premium for VGC resale is because you absolutely want VGC and routinely go there. With the huge amount of points you have and the fact that you like RIV, I think you're better off buying RIV since you won't be able to use the VGC points at RIV but you can the other way (subject to availability).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter