VGF one night

tlwfun89

Mouseketeer
Would you if it was available stay at the grand floridian villas for a last night stay if going to Disney World and staying a total of 5 nights?

Would you if it was available stay at the grand floridian villas for a last night stay if going to Disney World and staying a total of 5 nights?

Yes, of course. this is a brand new DVC resort and it awesome

Also, by changing rooms, you get free mousekeeping

I was thinking my daughters would love it as a way of ending our last day/night but was not sure with moving and checking in and out would make it more hassle than worth. Although not sure we will get to stay there ever for a solid week with the points cost and all

We frequently do single nights on our arrival night for a lower cost room but I would not care to do that for the last night. It takes too much time to move and the last day would be spent waiting for the room to be ready. Maybe if it were 2 nights to give a new resort a try but otherwise I'd wait for another time when I could spend at least 2 nights or more.

I guess one good thing is that we would not really have to wait for the room as we will have our vehicle to put our things in and we have annual passes but it is somewhat a temporary feeling of being homeless for a lack of better terminology. Now if the first resort choice wilderness lodge villas that we have booked had the last night we needed it would make it easier :) :headache:

Is your stay as short as ours?. we arent used to these short stays.Although schhol and one in college makes it hard

As a pp mentioned, I personally would only do this if it was for the 1st night of my vacation, not the last; which is what I am doing in early December. If anything, it is psychological - I would know how close I was to the end of my vacation when I moved over there. The 1st night, you are still in the excitement of your vacation.

I guess one good thing is that we would not really have to wait for the room as we will have our vehicle to put our things in and we have annual passes but it is somewhat a temporary feeling of being homeless for a lack of better terminology. Now if the first resort choice wilderness lodge villas that we have booked had the last night we needed it would make it easier :) :headache:

So you don't actually have 5 nights at one location? Then I'd book it but I'd still waitlist for VWL.

Yep, we were supposed to do this on Sunday 10/27 but unfortunately had to cancel our trip. I was so excited to be staying in a brand new resort, even for one night.

We may try to do this again on another trip as I can't justify the points cost for a whole week at VGF.

You'll basically lose a day of your vacation because of it.

The move involves repacking/unpacking, check-out/check-in, the move itself and being without a room for at least 6 hours. It's also logical to assume you'll spend time browsing two resorts instead of just one.

Some items can be minimized through careful planning. Still, add it all up and the time commitment is not insignificant.

My wife and I don't mind so much because we travel relatively light and don't micromanage our theme park time. When traveling with kids it's much more painful.

I don't agree. Check in early, give the bags to baggage except for a day bag. Head to the spa or pools,
enjoy the ambiance of the resort by taking in a meal,
hang out at the pool bar,
Monorail rides (one or both loops),
boat rides (from GF to MK, MK to WL or MK to Poly),
Enjoy and explore the resort and all its amenities
When they call you that your room is ready, go there and check it out open up the balcony to your lake view (you did get a lake view for just one night, right? )
Chill out some more, call room service for dinner and enjoy the light show on the lake and the fireworks at MK either at the balcony or beach

the list goes on. The question for me would be if I have enough time to do everything I would like to at the resort

Thanks for all the responses and view points. Yes we did get a 2 bedroom lake view for our last night. We could not secure all 5 nights in the 2 bedroom at wilderness lodge so 4 at wilderness lodge villas and 1 at GFV.WE will travel with our daughters who are both 18 and 19 respectively, so we will encourage them to pack lightly.

I don't agree. Check in early, give the bags to baggage except for a day bag. Head to the spa or pools,
enjoy the ambiance of the resort by taking in a meal,
hang out at the pool bar,
Monorail rides (one or both loops),
boat rides (from GF to MK, MK to WL or MK to Poly),
Enjoy and explore the resort and all its amenities
When they call you that your room is ready, go there and check it out open up the balcony to your lake view (you did get a lake view for just one night, right? )
Chill out some more, call room service for dinner and enjoy the light show on the lake and the fireworks at MK either at the balcony or beach

the list goes on. The question for me would be if I have enough time to do everything I would like to at the resort

All of that pretty much illustrates my point. With a split stay like that, you're pretty much surrendering a day of the trip to resort hassles and activity instead of theme park fun.

Now, I made the assumption that OP would want to spend a significant amount of time at the parks during a stay of just 5 nights. If that's not true, then perhaps the split stay will work out OK.

But all of the hassle and duplication involved in a split stay means that much less time for parks or other fun activities. Whether it's one hour...two hours...eight hours, you're losing SOME vacation time with the resort switch.

Ok so I took the idea to waitlist the last night at VWL and if this does not come to be than the VGF it will be for the last night. vacation planning should not be so complicated :)
:crazy2:

We've done numerous trips with either the first night or last night at BLT, whichever is available. First night we pack one small suitcase and don't unpack the rest, the last night we are totally packed except the ones small suitcase. Although the next 14 night trip, we plan to try for VGF for last two nights...there are ten of us, and too crazy for one night...although, I'm tempted to get a GV for the last night instead, just wish it wasn't a Friday. Oh well decision will be made in a couple of weeks when our 7 month window opens. :cool1:

I guess its there I must be crazy cause after the kids were expressing how they want to stay at VGF for even 1 night. WE cancelled the Wilderness lodge wait list and are going to go for it. This 5 night 6 day trip is just a little trip and we have been every summer for the last 5 years so hoping to go it a little slower paced this time with no extra friends or family just our immediate family so maybe it will be a good chance to at least see it first hand. Now if some miracle happened for us to stay in a 1 bedroom all week that would be magical :) But nothin else is open during our stay

I couldn't disagree more with this. We often spend our last night at a different resort and have enjoyed each experience. When we pack up at our first resort we put the things we will need for our last night in one suitcase. The next morning we either drive ourselves over to the new resort or drop off our bags with Bell Services and ask to have them transferred.

If we drive ourselves, we check into the new resort. If our room is ready we grab just the one bag we will need for the night and leave the rest in the car. If it is not ready we leave everything in the car until later. We then head off for our day. When we return to the resort we have just one bag to unpack and it takes all of 5 minutes.

If we have the bags transferred we head right off to our destination of choice. We check in at the new resort later in the day, get our luggage delivered and get settled in. We unpack the one bag which, again, takes only 5 minutes.

OP, I would definitely go for the one night at the VGF. I would also suggest booking tea at the Garden View Tea Room. We have been bringing our kids there since they were 3 & 6 and they absolutely love it. (They offer Belle's Tea (chocolate milk) for those who might not like the real thing.) It's a great way to spend an hour or two at the GF and, since you would be staying there, it would be a lovely way to really get a feel for the resort. We often book it for our resort transfer day. Tea service begins around 2:00 so by the time we are done it is just about room-ready time.

I say go for the one night and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter