• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VGF Parking ??

Is there "self parking" for guests staying at VGF near the villas like at BLT?

The self parking is close by the VGF and also, other GF guests cannot park there because you have to use your room key for VGF to access the gate.

The self parking is close by the VGF and also, other GF guests cannot park there because you have to use your room key for VGF to access the gate.

That is wonderful to hear. We've been wondering this. If would be nice if they did this at some of the other DVC resorts too!

Do you enter through the regular GF gate first and then turn right to the VGF parking gate? Or do you get to the VGF parking gate from the road, Floridian Way.

This is good to know if we ever get the chance to stay here. I never liked having to park across the street when staying at GF.

Do you enter through the regular GF gate first and then turn right to the VGF parking gate? Or do you get to the VGF parking gate from the road, Floridian Way.

As Mike said, you must enter through the regular GF gate but there is an exit from the VGF lot at the South end directly onto Floridian Way.

This is good to know if we ever get the chance to stay here. I never liked having to park across the street when staying at GF.

Yes, one of the worse self parking lots I've encountered.

Thankfully for guests of the resort proper, part of the valet lot has reverted to guest parking. It is at the South end of the main lot.

Here is a map showing the VGF building and its parking lot.

On the map, the Villas' parking lot is below the Health Club and Senses Spa. The parking lot that is to the extreme right on the map belongs to the Wedding Chapel and there is no entry access between that lot and the Villas' parking lot.

The map also shows the path of the covered walkway from the Villas to the main Grand Floridian Resort building. The path goes to GF's porte cochere. The bus stops for the GF are just beyond the porte cochere to the left.

VGFMap_zps9144d9d0.jpg

Although you can't get enter the VGF lot from the Wedding Chapel lot, you can exit that way. There is automatic gate that lifts upon approach. Easy exit onto Floridian Way. Saves a little bit of time compared to exiting through the main entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter