VGF Studios sleep 5!!!

jamelynn24

Mouseketeer
I wasn't too interested in the VGF until I saw that the studio sleeps 5! I'm so excited to save points! We never really use the full kitchen in a 1-bed and we are always at the parks, so the space doesn't matter much.
Wonder if they will add this extra Murphy bed to other DVC resorts or just include it when they build new..??

They have a shower stall as well as the tub shower. I like their layout!:goodvibes

I think the new bed is more like a trundle bed for a child rather than a Murphy bed. Still, they have come a long way since they said 1 bedrooms could only have 4 people!

They have a shower stall as well as the tub shower. I like their layout!:goodvibes

I think the new bed is more like a trundle bed for a child rather than a Murphy bed. Still, they have come a long way since they said 1 bedrooms could only have 4 people!

I thought the bed at VGF was like the bed at POR at Alligator Bayou. Slightly bigger than crib sized and not as big as twin sized.

We will let you know after my family of 5 trip of 3/29 to 4/5. Scored a lake view studio at 7 months for a week. Was sure that I was going to have to waitlist for either a standard or lakeview studio, what I nice surprise I got the ressie.

Since the kids are young I figured the bed would not be an issue. Also there are some good pictures of it on the web. The mirrored chest that it is stored in below the TV looks like the design does not take up too much space in the room. However the kitchenette is tiny, microwave, bar fridge and bar sink with a small counter the width and depth of the bar fridge. Breakfast and lunch food should not be an issue, but don't plan on other meals unless TV dinners.

We also scored the first week in April-1BR standard. I would bet the trundle is the same as what we had at VGC. Not ideal however way bigger than a crib and doable if not too tall (plus our daughter thought it was cool). Makes for a much easier time tidying up the room in the am instead of having to put the couch back together!

There were night stars inside the "box". It really looked like something a child would like as a bed. Plus, I love the Dumbo story. I forget the other story line, but I think there are 2 different "insides."

I wasn't too interested in the VGF until I saw that the studio sleeps 5! I'm so excited to save points! We never really use the full kitchen in a 1-bed and we are always at the parks, so the space doesn't matter much.
Wonder if they will add this extra Murphy bed to other DVC resorts or just include it when they build new..??

I don't think they would add it to existing resorts as it changes around the storage significantly. They would have to redo all the furniture to add something like this. They may add it to future rooms - it will just depend.

I think they added it to give something to families that wanted to be able to stay but didn't feel like they could afford a 1 bedroom and wanted to use the dining plan.

I hope if you plan on using them much you own there- I suspect studios will likely be gone when the 7 month window opens once the resort is sold out.

I thought the bed at VGF was like the bed at POR at Alligator Bayou. Slightly bigger than crib sized and not as big as twin sized.

I saw that bed this morning and it was pretty good size. Took a picture, but I'm still at WDW without a USB cord. I'll try to remember to post a photo of that bed Wednesday.

I saw that bed this morning and it was pretty good size. Took a picture, but I'm still at WDW without a USB cord. I'll try to remember to post a photo of that bed Wednesday.

There is a photo in the newest Disney Files.

We toured the GCV model last week too. Very upscale but we noticed the trundle bed sacrifices storage in the living room... people there will have to live out of their suitcases. It will be crowded for 3 or even if using the trundle bed.

Kitchen appliances are upscale and paneled to match room decor. Not sure I need to pay for that!

I really liked the Kidani AKV room we stayed in better... roomier and the chair/bed and sofabed both open with plenty of room and storage!

rlovew said:
I don't think they would add it to existing resorts as it changes around the storage significantly. They would have to redo all the furniture to add something like this. They may add it to future rooms - it will just depend.

I think they added it to give something to families that wanted to be able to stay but didn't feel like they could afford a 1 bedroom and wanted to use the dining pl
I hope if you plan on using them much you own there- I suspect studios will likely be gone when the 7 month window opens once the resort is sold out.

This is part of our decision to go now. 199 points for a week at the GF with a lake view while the children are still small enough to fit on the pullout. Also I expect it to get much harder to get a room here at seven months than it is now. I was shocked I didn't have to waitlist.

We usually do breakfast in the room everyday (cereal and milk), lunch and dinner on non theme park days (4/7). So this trip will get a TIW card and eat out once a day. We always have our own snacks and drinks we get from BJ's.

We toured the GCV model last week too. Very upscale but we noticed the trundle bed sacrifices storage in the living room... people there will have to live out of their suitcases. It will be crowded for 3 or even if using the trundle bed.

Kitchen appliances are upscale and paneled to match room decor. Not sure I need to pay for that!

I really liked the Kidani AKV room we stayed in better... roomier and the chair/bed and sofabed both open with plenty of room and storage!

They showed us some increased storage space in the living room. For example, the tops of the ottomans lift up for added storage, and there's storage in the wall that separates LR and Kitchen.

ParrotBill said:

Disney Files article also says there will be drawers beneath the end of the bed in the studio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter