Viggle App: Get rewards for watching television!

I downloaded the app when the OP mentioned it and have gotten three $5 gift cards so far (1 a day). I redeem the points right when I get to 7500 points and save them to my online Target e-gift card account. You can then combine your cards into one and bring your mobile device to the store for the cashier to scan. Worked fine yesterday.

I'm not going to sit on my points, as some folks on SlickDeals have had their Amazon dollars disappear. Just FYI. It's best to save your codes right away to the appropriate company's website.

I earned enough points by last night so I cashed in for a $10 itunes gift card! Loaded it right into my Itunes account! I am also not going to hoard my points. I plan on cashing in when I get enough for something.

Ok, so I see how you log into a show but how do you find the trivia and trailers. The app is a bit confusing to me.

Also how do manually check into a show that you are watching?

Any help would be appreciated!

Ok, so I see how you log into a show but how do you find the trivia and trailers. The app is a bit confusing to me.

Also how do manually check into a show that you are watching?

Any help would be appreciated!

of the screen it says, "what's on" so click on that. It will show you a program and how many points you get when you watch it. If you click on it sometimes underneath is says to watch a trailer or answer questions. After you do them click "back" and scroll sideways to the next show. (There are 20 I believe.)

Also when I went into my history of watched shows (click on the little person icon at the top) and clicked on those shows I found some other trivia.

I had a few hours worth last night but today I have nothing. Can someone tell me if there is a way to get it to refresh? Or do I just have to wait?

Have fun! I got 7,000 pts in one day w/out a lot of effort.

Trivia questions can be found inside the featured shows. For instance, click on American Idol and you'll see trivia listed right there.

Yes. I have been known to check into a show, grab my phone, and head to the grocery store. :o Since you don't need to keep the app open, there's no way for them to know if you are really watching the whole show. They can only make sure that you check-into one show at a time. And I've always gotten my points.

The only caveat is if the app kicks you out of a show. But since you're at home you can always turn on the tv and check back in. It's only ever kicked me out while I was still home. But if this happened while I wasn't home, I wouldn't be able to check back in.

diznee25

Thanks! I was totally missing that little bar across there with the trivia! :thumbsup2
I cashed out for the first time this morning, got the $5 Target gift card. Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread about checking in for a news show when you go to bed to get some extra points. This also works if you have a local weather channel too ;)

Viggle is having issues today. Trivia/video for points aren't showing up at all. And some people are unable to check-into shows. Viggle is trying to fix the problem. They mention this on their Facebook page.

diznee25

I can't find the post, but someone asked if there was a limit on the Target e-gift cards you can use. I'm assuming you mean within one transaction, correct?

You'll have to go to Targets website and read their policies regarding e-gift cards.

I redeemed a $10 Sephora e-gift card from Viggle, and had to the idea to pile them up and use multiple in one transaction. Well, I found out that Sephora wouldn't let me do that. Sephora only allows one e-card per transaction. :sad1: And Sephora e-cards can only be used on their website; they don't allow you to use it in store.

Of course I believe with Target you can use e-gift card in store. But you can see how companies have slightly different policies regarding e-gift cards.

So I suggest no matter what e-gift card you are redeeming, go to that company's website first and read their policies on e-gift cards.

diznee25

Viggle is having issues today. Trivia/video for points aren't showing up at all. And some people are unable to check-into shows. Viggle is trying to fix the problem. They mention this on their Facebook page.

diznee25

Thanks for the update on that, I was getting confused, because I was watching clips and nothing was happening in regards to my points

Anyone want to start placing bets about how long until this app/product dies? I give it three months.

think it can stay around long in this form. Being able to easily get $5 a day isn't going to work for them.

Can anyone do anything today? I could check into shows but the credits aren't showing. I also have no "extras" anywhere.

think it can stay around long in this form. Being able to easily get $5 a day isn't going to work for them.

Can anyone do anything today? I could check into shows but the credits aren't showing. I also have no "extras" anywhere.

I'm getting my points for checking in on what shows i'm watching today. No way to earn anything extra though, the videos, commercials and trivia aren't showing up.

Scroll through this thread...I posted this morning about Viggle having issues with the trivia/videos for points today. They updated their FB page, but the problem hasn't been resolved yet.

Yea, my husband had the same thought as you. They'll go bankrupt with how easy it is to rack up points and get rewards. I've already redeemed $70 in gift cards, and I've been doing Viggle for 18 days. Maybe they got rid of the "extras" today to slow us down on purpose!

Thanks for the update on that, I was getting confused, because I was watching clips and nothing was happening in regards to my points

Keep in mind that even when trivia questions and videos do come back, there are times when they still don't give you points. The videos that give points will have the point amount listed in the lower left hand of the video. If a video does not list a point value, then it doesn't give points.

diznee25

Some of you posted that points you earned last night aren't showing up in the total points balance.

Tip: When you open Viggle, click on your avatar pic and this will bring you to your profile page. This should help "reset" and you'll see your points total update. It works for me anyway! :thumbsup2

diznee25

A couple of questions:
Where do you give them your mailing address? I remember giving them an email when I signed up but I don't see where you can give them further info.
For the shows that give you extra points-do you have to watch the entire show to get the points or can you switch form show to show getting the bonus points. I'm guessing you can't do that, but I don't want to have Idol on for 2 hours either.
Thanks! So far it's fun!

A couple of questions:
Where do you give them your mailing address? I remember giving them an email when I signed up but I don't see where you can give them further info.
For the shows that give you extra points-do you have to watch the entire show to get the points or can you switch form show to show getting the bonus points. I'm guessing you can't do that, but I don't want to have Idol on for 2 hours either.
Thanks! So far it's fun!

American Idol is only one hour, so hopefully that's a bit better for you!

Open Viggle, click on your avatar pic, then click on the gear symbol on the upper right corner, then click on personal information. That's where you enter your address.

The featured shows that give extra points: I've always stayed checked-in for the duration of the show. Logging out early may exclude you from the extra bonus points.....don't really know. Just guessing.

diznee25

I don't know if anyone else is following Viggle's FB page, but they said to give them over-night to work on repopulating trivia questions, movie trails, and ads (for extra points)!

Hopefully everything will be back to normal tomorrow, I'm going into major Viggle withdraw! Checking into shows isn't enough for me! :lmao:

diznee25

<<American Idol is only one hour, so hopefully that's a bit better for you!>>

Actually Idol is 8-10 tonight, not sure what it usually is.

Thank you for all the info, I was able to fill out my profile.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter