Vintage resort pics?

I guess we are straying away from the vintage resorts, and I promise to get back on track as soon as I find my picutres of the Vacation Villas where Saratoga now sits, but I thought you might like to see what the tickets looked like in 1989.

scan0001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

HappyDznyCamper,
I stand corrected..it was called the Empress Lilly. Thanks a bunch for the correction. I love the picture of the playground/slide from LBV. Man does that bring back memories! My little sister and I spent hours in that thing. I think there may have been more than one in fact. There was very little to do for small children there but play on that thing.

I thought you might like to see what the tickets looked like in 1989.

scan0001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I deffinately used my last day on one of those tickets two years ago :).

I also liked seeing pictures of that slide at LBV Village (now DTD), they had one of those fountains that shoot up water from the sidewalk for the kids to play in there in the late 80s/early 90s and my brother and I thought it was the best thing ever. That was the week before our "Disney Cruise" on the Big Red Boat.

Thanks to everyone for sharing, these picures are fabulous!

I recently found some pics from my first trip to WDW, in April of 1984. My mom didn't take many pictures but I figured I could share a few. None of them are very good...but you can tell they are dated...LOL

Let me know if they're not appropriate (ie: not of hotels & such).

scan0002.jpg

At the Gatorlando Zoo! (Is this even around still?!)

scan0007.jpg

The castle looks about the same...however, look at some of the people...LOL Oh, how I love the 80s.

scan0009.jpg

No zoom on camera = objects VERY far away! But, at least we know what the parking situation at Epcot looked like 20+ years ago.

scan0010.jpg

Again with the far away.

scan0011.jpg

Momma, my cousins & I (I'm the one sleeping...LOL) in front of the China Pavilion.

scan0012.jpg

And, lastly, Liberty Square Riverboat and The Haunted Mansion!

Now I have just crossed over to vintage pics. But I just had to add pics of rides of yester year...

093WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

Is that a road behind 20'000 leagues?

095WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

That's all the pics I have - enjoy!!!

These are so fun to look at! I cannot believe how much everything has changed!:eek:

Loving the pics, I don't have any so old as it was 1995 when I first went, but I enjoyed seeing the pic of the old park ticket. Does anyone remeber those tickets from the nineties where they put your photo on each ticket in black and white?

Loving the pics, I don't have any so old as it was 1995 when I first went, but I enjoyed seeing the pic of the old park ticket. Does anyone remeber those tickets from the nineties where they put your photo on each ticket in black and white?

Yes! Anyone remember the AP's where they took a real color photo, cut it out, and laminated it to the AP? It used to take forever to get those, kind of like going to the DMV. I have a whole collection.

ok, as promised, a few resort pictures. The first is from the inside of the vacation villa (where Saratoga is now). We were right on the water where you could have "visitors"

scan0039.jpg
[/IMG]

Next is a picture of my Dad and my son in front of the Tree House Villas. . my son was 5 (now 28) and it was his first of many trips to WDW

scan0015.jpg
[/IMG]

Last, we stayed often at the FairWay Villas. Loved those as they right on the golf course. I think Saratoga is now there also.

scan0064.jpg
[/IMG]

hope this works!

ohhh, don't let this die. I am loving the old photos. Anyone else?:yay:

Batktty, thank you for the photos! I wanted to compliment your Mom! You guys are all classicly attired but the rest of those patrons are on the "DON'T" list. LoL.

The Fairway Villas were great for us because they slept 7 or 8 people. There was the master and 2nd bedroom upstairs. The 2nd bedroom was a loft type that you could look down into the living room. The living room had a murphy bed and the sofa also folded out. There was a full kitchen. There were peacocks walking around. Truly a beautiful, peaceful setting.

The Fairway Villas were great for us because they slept 7 or 8 people. There was the master and 2nd bedroom upstairs. The 2nd bedroom was a loft type that you could look down into the living room. The living room had a murphy bed and the sofa also folded out. There was a full kitchen. There were peacocks walking around. Truly a beautiful, peaceful setting.

Were they pretty expensive?

Were they pretty expensive?

We stayed in one in 97 that was $300 a night. We had two bedrooms, two and a half baths, kitchen, patio (with ducks) and living room/dining room. I thought it was great. We had a 50% off castmember rate and my mom went with us and split the $150.

The next summer we paid the exact same amount for a BWV studio. Imagine our surprise when we walked in and saw how small it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter