Vinylmation Secrets Revealed?!! Hmm...

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
I was browsing ebay looking at the Vinylmation listings and came across one seller who claims to know the secret to finding out which Vinylmation is inside each box. Without opening it! What?? I don't want to name the seller, but you can search it on ebay and see. Does anyone think that is possible? They are charging $10 for this secret info.

Not sure but I do know that apparently they put the card outside the foil so some people open it somehow and see the card without opening the foil. Dishonest to me if you damage it in any way plus it kind of takes the fun away IMHO. Be careful with some of these ebay buyers:)

Not sure but I do know that apparently they put the card outside the foil so some people open it somehow and see the card without opening the foil. Dishonest to me if you damage it in any way plus it kind of takes the fun away IMHO. Be careful with some of these ebay buyers:)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's more to it than that. They only recently started doing that again. Again not 100% sure, but I think it might have something to do with the numbers on the boxes and the layout of the boxes in an untouched case.

It's not something I would trust though and I agree with you it takes the fun out of blind boxing vinyls and spoils it for everyone.

It is the numbers located on the outside of the box it's the code to knowing what's inside

Pm me and I can tell you the location of the chaser. Its not that hard pick the right one. Dont waste your money paying 10 bucks. There are ways of finding out online.

It can no longer be done at Disneyland. When they open a new box, they now mix up all the boxes because people know where the chasers are. So no easy chaser at Disneyland.

Pm me and I can tell you the location of the chaser. Its not that hard pick the right one. Dont waste your money paying 10 bucks. There are ways of finding out online.

Someone who knows please message me, I'm at dland right now and I am very selective with my vinyls. I am not out to expose the secret Im just tired of buying duplicates when I already have so many of them. Thanks!

I wasn't around for Park 1 Series, but apparently they put the vinyls in a set order, so people just waltzed in and bought the chaser.

Everyone who knows what they're talking about over on the Vinylnation site says they do not package them this way any longer, and to boot, the CMs often mix the box up. That's a good thing, IMO. Makes it a fair shot for all of us.

In short, I would not waste 2 cents on a "secret" for vinyl placement. It's not valid anymore, and even if it was, it's not fair to everyone else. As far as I know, bar code numbers have nada to do with it-- I have plenty of boxes from most series, and the numbers are either all the same for that series or I got, ex., two different numbers for a series but two of the same vinyl.

I was thinking it would be something to do with the bar codes, but if those aren't always the same, than I guess it would be hit or miss. I did notice that the cards are now packaged inside the foil.

when i was trying to get a cutesters one i noticed that the card was outside of the foil...all you had to do was push down the top part of the box and you could see what was inside

Hey I saw your post about finding out how to read the vinylmations without opening the box? Is this for real? And how sure you when it comes to this? I been getting mixed responses, so can you settle this once and for all? Write me back.

Thanks,
Confused

I don't know the secret, but I have heard more than once that there is a way to tell, based on the UPC (bar) code on the outside of the box, which Vinyl it is.

Again, I don't know what it is about the UPC code, but I've heard this several times, and I also once bought a Vinyl on eBay that was unopened, but they were selling it as a certain vinyl. I asked how they knew it was that particular vinyl, and the seller replied saying that they were a cast member who worked in a warehouse or something and could tell by the UPC code.

i havent and wont purchase it off someone but i did see on vinyalnation.net that this is true. im looking myself to try to find the dcl one in park 4. i just want the cruise stuff. i wish i would have known sooner bc i would have got some of the ones last year and htis year off the boat.

i havent and wont purchase it off someone but i did see on vinyalnation.net that this is true. im looking myself to try to find the dcl one in park 4. i just want the cruise stuff. i wish i would have known sooner bc i would have got some of the ones last year and htis year off the boat.
Did they tell you what it was or just that there is a secret?

On the older series there was a tell tale marker on the outside of the individual boxes, but you had to know what they meant. For the later series they have removed this.

They have also made it much much harder to open the boxes, so sneaking a peek isn't possible anymore.

They did also package them in a specific way, however as mentioned they CMs now mix them up so this can't guarantee anything either.

I just came back from Disneyland. I bought a sealed box of Park Series 4.

All of the Vinyls were in a column. In column 1, there were two of the same.

Same in column 3 and 4.

The chaser and one additional random Vinyl was in the last column.

Others have mentioned the CM move them arround. If you open a new box, and looking for the chaser, buy the column 4 Vinyls.

Please note - this might only apply to Park Series 4!

Hope that helps!

I just came back from Disneyland. I bought a sealed box of Park Series 4.

All of the Vinyls were in a column. In column 1, there were two of the same.

Same in column 3 and 4.

The chaser and one additional random Vinyl was in the last column.

Others have mentioned the CM move them arround. If you open a new box, and looking for the chaser, buy the column 4 Vinyls.

Please note - this might only apply to Park Series 4!

Hope that helps!
Thanks!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter