VIP/Tiered Rewards to be released soon

Even if members contact the resort staff and have their issues resolved, they should still contact the DVC Satisfaction Team so that a record of what transpired is generated. Disney Resorts is the DVC's contracted provider and if we don't let the DVC know about problems at the resorts, DVC management assumes that the resorts are doing a great job.

:earsboy: Bill
I would think it depends on the specifics of the issue but generally contacting the resort at the time is the best to resolve an issue. Contacting DVC is more of an alert for big picture issues.

I would think it depends on the specifics of the issue but generally contacting the resort at the time is the best to resolve an issue. Contacting DVC is more of an alert for big picture issues.

A email to the Satisfaction Team only takes a couple of minutes. The resort surveys do not go to the DVC only to Parks and Resorts. You should always have the resort address any unsatisfactory issue, but you should also notify the DVC that there was a issue. Apparently we are their only source for the information.

A email to the Satisfaction Team only takes a couple of minutes. The resort surveys do not go to the DVC only to Parks and Resorts. You should always have the resort address any unsatisfactory issue, but you should also notify the DVC that there was a issue. Apparently we are their only source for the information.

My point was not that it was difficult but rather that there were issues that were appropriate for upper management and those that were not. If everyone sent an email as you suggest for every little thing that happened, nothing would get done or they would start ignoring most emails. I'd think you need to judge this on a case by case basis. I'd agree that there are often things that should be handled at the time that are not and there are things that should be passed on that are not. No one size fits all.

What you say makes a lot of sense and I never thought about it that way. Last time, we found we were missing one of our towels. Called and had it within 5 - 7 minutes so really, a simple and small issue. But, what if I was not the only one running in to these issues?

Then, what seems small to me, in reality, could be problematic on a bigger level. If we never let DVC know, then how are they going to make sure the service is better.

What you say makes a lot of sense and I never thought about it that way. Last time, we found we were missing one of our towels. Called and had it within 5 - 7 minutes so really, a simple and small issue. But, what if I was not the only one running in to these issues?

Then, what seems small to me, in reality, could be problematic on a bigger level. If we never let DVC know, then how are they going to make sure the service is better.

But if every room is calling about missing towels, Housekeeping managers will see that they are spending a great deal of time running around taking missing items to rooms. As Dean pointed out, there is low level issues and high level issues and you use your judgement. But, the worst thing to do is not to tell anyone (but the Disboards) about your problems, then nothing will ever be accomplished.

For me, when I have enough small problems or a major problem that could have been averted, that is when DVC management needs to know. I don't need to waste someones time reading my email that one out of 20 light bulbs in my villa was burnt out.....

As Dean pointed out, there is low level issues and high level issues and you use your judgement. But, the worst thing to do is not to tell anyone (but the Disboards) about your problems, then nothing will ever be accomplished.

For me it is really simple when it is time to contact DVC management. Just ask yourself what are the odds of this problem happening again to me or to other owners?

On a recent trip we had a coffee maker that was damaged and leaked coffee on the counter instead of going into the carafe. The odds of that happening again to me or someone else is slim so we just called for a replacement. Of course, if it happened again on another trip then I might suspect there is a problem with that model of coffee maker and it might be worth contacting DVC.

Arriving to a dirty room warrants a call and email to anyone who will listen.

Important Announcement:

"Soon" is not within 3 weeks. :lmao:

As to when I notify the DVC executive/satisfaction team; when I stay at the same resort and have the same problem more than once. Also when I stay at any DVC resort and have a problem that is not handled to my satisfaction by resort management. If they take care of it, I have no need to go further.

Or problems such as non members using laundry facilties for free when not staying at that resort. Then I feel DVC needs to address this. Or the family that parked their RV in the parking lot and booked a studio room to get benefits and the others slept in the RV at night. Party of 12.:eek:

.....Or the family that parked their RV in the parking lot and booked a studio room to get benefits and the others slept in the RV at night. Party of 12.:eek:

there's a problem with this? :rolleyes1

seriously, what some people think is ok. :headache:

there's a problem with this? :rolleyes1

seriously, what some people think is ok. :headache:

Actually it gets worse, they had a first floor room at OKW and had run a heavy duty extension cord from the RV to the room. Needless to say they got reported to security. But have to wonder how long they were there before any cared. :sad2:

I have a question. Would a short (no more than one page) summary trip report to member services outlining the positives and concerns about the stay be appropriate then?

Would they appreciate the information or consider an annual letter as nagging?

Not yet, but they have said the ability to book online is coming soon and it's only been three years!

Time to bump this baby.

Mickey says that he is working on introducing something this year!

I confirmed this with 2 bus drivers. :thumbsup2

Time to bump this baby.

Mickey says that he is working on introducing something this year!

I confirmed this with 2 bus drivers. :thumbsup2

I love it when these old threads get bumped up like a bolt out of the blue! :rotfl2:

Thanks, Bill, for getting that key confirmation. My favorite might be this quote on the first page:

Sammie said:
The big question is what is their definition of soon.

Obviously, the official Disney definition of "soon" is something more than 9 months! :lmao:

They have met with focus groups, and got the green light from legal. Final details are being worked out and Mickey said that this will happen and most of the membership will be pleased.

They have met with focus groups, and got the green light from legal. Final details are being worked out and Mickey said that this will happen and most of the membership will be pleased.

If points become tiered, it will kill me that I have 420 points and not 500 since I could guess that 500 would take me into a whole other bracket. But since the dues are getting so high, and my mother is the one that purchased the points for us and pays the dues, I am VERY VERY happy with me 420 LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter