VIP tour

thewikman

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at AKL and have booked a VIP tour. Is it better to meet in the park or have them pick us up at the hotel?

It would depend. Do you want your tour time to start at AKL when they pick you up or would you prefer that time to be on your own? You would probably maximize your tour time if you met at a park. It's about what is more valuable to you. Either way, have a great time!

I'd have them meet you at the lodge. That way you get your own private ride directly to the park of choice and along the way you can talk to your tour guide about what your priorities are.

If you want to do the safari, I’d suggest going to the park on your own, give yourself lots of time, and doing that before meeting your guide. I’ve done several VIP Tours and rode the safari on two of them. Murphy’s Law that both those times a giraffe parked itself on the road, and we wasted 45 minutes on one tour and 30 or so and the other. We now skip KS on any VIP tour we take. We also skip Rise at HS because of its length and unpredictability.

I think that if you're maximizing rides and are booked for the minimum amount of VIP time, I would meet them at the park. If you're going at a more leisurely pace or you have the entire day booked, then go for the ride to the park. I have seen people watching shows and sitting leisurely at a table service meal while they're paying their VIP, which isn't something I would do, but it depends on how you want to spend your day and what you want to prioritize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter