VIP, Villains and Vino With Jen and Joe on the Go New TR Link and this TR is COMPLETE!

Adding on to say I just watched the Narcoosees vlog and I had ALL the feels. Once HEA came on and you were singing along and then you teared up at the Quasimodo part, well that was it for me. I'm not crying, you're crying! Thanks for sharing!

Your Narcoossee's dinner looks amazing. I don't know why I never remember about this place but I think Mike and I will have to try it.

And the GF Cafe chicken and waffles are right up Mike's alley, so we'll have to head there too!

I've still not been on the Skyliner :sad1: I can't wait to try it out myself!

Hi! I’m new here. This has been such a fun TR to read! I was supposed to have my first Villains (& any after hours experience)After Party in June, but we all know that didn’t go as planned...maybe some day. But watching your vlog of it truly helped ease some of the pain. The Skyliner is equal parts terrifying and fascinating to me. I couldn’t help but think of the impending doom if it were to fall while in it, but overall I enjoyed how efficient it was. I’m looking forward to hearing about your July trip too!

:welcome:

OMG! I think about falling to my death on the Skyliner every time. LOL!

I'd be a tad anxious on the Skyliner but it seems most people are fine when they give it a go.
It makes me queasy but a much better option than those darn buses.

ETA I just watched the video and I loved it! You are such a softie Jen tearing up for the poor old Quasimodo :sad::love:
I just feel so bad for the poor guy.

Your breakfast looks so good, especially those biscuits!!
They ere the best part!!!!

I love the skyliner. :) You two look so cute in your hats!
Why thank you.

Adding on to say I just watched the Narcoosees vlog and I had ALL the feels. Once HEA came on and you were singing along and then you teared up at the Quasimodo part, well that was it for me. I'm not crying, you're crying! Thanks for sharing!
LOL! That part gets me every time.

And the GF Cafe chicken and waffles are right up Mike's alley, so we'll have to head there too!
Yep, they are already off the menu...I even made a reservation for our July trip because Joe loved them so much. Sigh...

I've still not been on the Skyliner :sad1: I can't wait to try it out myself!
I'm still not a fan, but it beats the buses.

I’m not a fan of heights, but I loved using the skyliner. It’s so quick, and we always had our own cabin.

Breakfast looks like it was yummy. I really gotta plan more breakfasts next trip, it’s actually my favorite meal but I neglect it on vacation.

I love your hats! :cool1: That is so cool that you got such a great table at Narcoosee's...who can resist fine food, fine wine, and fireworks! Breakfast looked really good too! Hopefully the Chicken and Waffles come back. That's just not on too many menus up here in the North.

’m not a fan of heights, but I loved using the skyliner. It’s so quick, and we always had our own cabin.
We always had our own cabin too, which helped a lot.

Breakfast looks like it was yummy. I really gotta plan more breakfasts next trip, it’s actually my favorite meal but I neglect it on vacation.
It's a must-do for us, just a nice relaxing way to start the day. Plus, we aren't rope drop people, so this helps us slide into our day a little more gently. LOL!

Seeing your delicious biscuits at breakfast yesterday put me in the mood for scones for lunch so I made some and while not as dainty as those in GF they turned out very tasty 😋
YUM Moira! Those scones look delicious!

A July Update!

Ok, so I think I have everything worked out for our July trip. After many hours on the phone to Disney and lots of tears, I'm happy to say I think I've got everything in place on my end to have a great vacation. Now, it's up to Disney to do their part...:crazy:

Anyway, we are set to arrive at MCO at 9:30 am. We will pick up our luggage, grab the car, and head over to resort #1, The Riviera. I am super excited to stay here. I have booked a Deluxe Studio/Preferred Room with a Courtyard View. Hoping our room is ready. If not, we will drop our bags with Bell Services and set out to explore the resort and maybe get a bite to eat. Then, we plan on hopping on the Skyliner to our very first park of the trip, Epcot. We are going to check out Food and Wine and later have dinner reservations at San Angel Inn. I'm looking forward to seeing how they social distance the tables, especially here. I think this will be one of the positives that come out of all this COVID craziness. The tables will be set further apart, so you won't be sitting with your neighboring table. LOL!

Saturday is MK day and my birthday. Yay! We have lunch reservations at The Plaza and are planning on meeting some friends for the day. We also check out of the Riviera Resort and check into the Contemporary Resort. Another Yay!!! It will be so nice to walk between the 2. I know at some point we will go back to the CR to swim and relax before our big dinner plans...We are hoping to meet some other friends at Paddlefish. This will be a first for both Joe and myself. We've always wanted to eat at Paddlefish but could never fit it in until this trip.

Sunday brings us to HS, where we hope to see our friends again. We have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe because it was so good in March. We are hoping to grab a Ronto Wrap at some point for lunch. Dinner will bring us to WGP, another first for me and Joe. I am dying to try one of the flatbread pizzas. Later, we have reservations to meet friends again at WBG. So, you know there will be a lot of drinking involved...Yikes!

Monday is AK day. But first, we are starting with breakfast at Topolinos. It will be interesting to do a comparison of this restaurant from March to now. We are also hoping to spend some time in Nomad Lounge and see our friends one last time. Dinner tonight will be at Morimoto. We will also do any last-minute shopping that we didn't get done earlier in the trip.

Tuesday is our last day in Disney before we have to head home. I made another park reservation to go back to Epcot. We have lunch booked at Le Cellier and hope to hit up any of the booths we missed on Friday.

I know this trip will be much different from trips past. We are going in with low expectations and hoping for the best. I know some of the changes will be good and some not so good. For instance, I'm NOT looking forward to wearing a mask in the Florida heat...However, it's just what has to be at this point...I can't wait to share everything we get to experience with all of you. I also hope to finish uip this trip report before we leave. 20 days to go!!!!

Narcossees dinner and GF cafe breakfast both look so yummy. I miss the GF, we have stayed 3 times and we do love it there. We have not tried either of these restaurants, why? I have no idea 💡 On the list now!
I’m glad you gave the Skyliner a try. We really liked it.
Happy Anniversary on your channel! I enjoy watching!
The July plans sound good. I bet it won’t be very busy so that will be a plus! I look forward to hearing all about it.

We checked in and were seated right away at a window table overlooking the 7 Seas Lagoon, the Contemporary Resort, and Cinderella's Castle. Yep, the view couldn't get much better.
You had a really great view. :)
I had the full Maine lobster
This looks really good.
We were having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. When we were last here, the experience wasn't that great (September 2019), but every time before that had been good, so we thought we'd give it another try...
It's good to know that the service can be good. I would love to go back to the GFC for the delicious French toast but I don't think I could get my husband to agree. He had a terrible experience with pancakes that were hard as a rock and cold and a missing waiter.
This was my first time on the Skyliner and I will admit, I was VERY nervous...
The Skyliner is great. I love it, but I can see where some people would be very nervous about it.
Plain on the left and my favourite cherry and coconut on the right
The cherry and coconut ones sound delicious. :)
We are going to check out Food and Wine and later have dinner reservations at San Angel Inn. I'm looking forward to seeing how they social distance the tables, especially here. I think this will be one of the positives that come out of all this COVID craziness. The tables will be set further apart, so you won't be sitting with your neighboring table.
I am going to get reservations here when they open for our October trip. I love the food but the jammed packed tables are something of an annoyance. It will be nice to have things spaced out for a change. :)
I know this trip will be much different from trips past. We are going in with low expectations and hoping for the best. I know some of the changes will be good and some not so good. For instance, I'm NOT looking forward to wearing a mask in the Florida heat..
Do you have a lightweight mask that might be somewhat comfortable in this heat? The weather we are having now is a good test for weather in Florida, except they will have more rain.

I would think that Disney would be a great place to go during the pandemic since you know they are going to be very good about wearing masks. :) You will have to let us know how it goes. :)

Seeing your delicious biscuits at breakfast yesterday put me in the mood for scones for lunch so I made some and while not as dainty as those in GF they turned out very tasty 😋
Moira, those look amazing!
I know this trip will be much different from trips past. We are going in with low expectations and hoping for the best. I know some of the changes will be good and some not so good. For instance, I'm NOT looking forward to wearing a mask in the Florida heat...However, it's just what has to be at this point...I can't wait to share everything we get to experience with all of you. I also hope to finish uip this trip report before we leave. 20 days to go!!!!
So exciting! I hope everything turns out perfectly for you. :)

Narcossees dinner and GF cafe breakfast both look so yummy. I miss the GF, we have stayed 3 times and we do love it there. We have not tried either of these restaurants, why? I have no idea 💡 On the list now!
I'm surprised you've missed both of these restaurants Caroline! Yes, definitely put them on your list.

I’m glad you gave the Skyliner a try. We really liked it.
I'm still scared but the convenience can't be beat.

Happy Anniversary on your channel! I enjoy watching!
Thank you so much.

The July plans sound good. I bet it won’t be very busy so that will be a plus! I look forward to hearing all about it.
Thank you. I'm sure we will have lots to report.

It's good to know that the service can be good. I would love to go back to the GFC for the delicious French toast but I don't think I could get my husband to agree. He had a terrible experience with pancakes that were hard as a rock and cold and a missing waiter.
We had a bad experience at Kona Cafe for breakfast and refuse to go back...

The Skyliner is great. I love it, but I can see where some people would be very nervous about it.
It's just soooo convenient
Do you have a lightweight mask that might be somewhat comfortable in this heat? The weather we are having now is a good test for weather in Florida, except they will have more rain.

I would think that Disney would be a great place to go during the pandemic since you know they are going to be very good about wearing masks. :) You will have to let us know how it goes. :)
We do. We have awesome masks since we work in medical. But, a mask is a mask and they are not meant to wear outside in 90 degree heat...We will have to make frequent stops to take breaks and drink. LOL!

So exciting! I hope everything turns out perfectly for you. :)
Thank you.

Your first ride on the Skyliner pics are just the cutest!! I agree, there is something uneasy about riding them--especially when they first "take off" and when they're coming into the stations. YIKES. But, they are definitely the fastest way from Pop to Epcot and DHS, so that makes me a fan!

I'm so glad for you that the July plans are finally made!! We are headed down in 7 days, and while I'm a bit nervous, I'm also really excited to be among the first people back in the parks. I just know it's going to be the magic I need to kick off the rest of 2020 for the better!!!!! I'm sure you guys will have an amazing time, too!

Wait!!! Are you going to be there too??????

HAH! No, I was wanting to know!!
I have never been so disappointed with Disney in the 47 years I have been vacationing there. It was so frustrating yesterday that I actually had a full-blown, 5-year-old tantrum, complete with tears. I know, not one of my best moments. I also ended up making 6 News Orlando. I was interviewed and the clip actually made it to tv. The link is posted on my YouTube channel in the description if anyone is interested in seeing it...

Oh my... you're famous!!
Keep fighting the good fight but remember Disney is a small family owned business and this is new territory for them.

:lmao:
This whole about killed me!! oh.... Kari.... :laughing:
Let me start by saying that I absolutely love Narcoossees and any time I can get a reservation here, I'm one happy camper...This trip would be no exception.

This has been high on my list for a LONG time.
We are going in with low expectations

After everything you went through and wrote I can't imagine you doing anything but that. :(
I'm looking forward to seeing how they social distance the tables, especially here

Yes, ESPECIALLY this one.

Monday is AK day. But first, we are starting with breakfast at Topolinos. It will be interesting to do a comparison of this restaurant from March to now. We are also hoping to spend some time in Nomad Lounge and see our friends one last time. Dinner tonight will be at Morimoto. We will also do any last-minute shopping that we didn't get done earlier in the trip.

This day particularly sounds... sigh.... delightful. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter