• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Virgin delayed 4 and 1/2 hours

martina857

Mouseketeer
At the airport today, VS15 should have taken off at 12.45, we have a delay of 4 1/2 hours !! Not happy, first experience with Virgin and THE last.

Martina

At the airport today, VS15 should have taken off at 12.45, we have a delay of 4 1/2 hours !! Not happy, first experience with Virgin and THE last.

Martina

It looks like the VS 16 inbound flight was delayed. It only arrived at 11:28 instead of 08:45
It woukld then need to be cleaned refuelled, re stocked and a new take off slot agreed with ATC.
If you don't have the plane, you cant leave again.

it really can happen at any time to anyone and it doesn't matter how much you've paid - my worst delay to MCO was with Virgin too - 7 hours! but theres not one airline that isn't susceptible

anything will be better than our last trip, 22 hour delay with TCD:scared1: cossed fingers we don't have to go through that again next week!

Where are you finding that information, Obi? According to Virgin's site, the VS16 arrived at 9am this morning.

Where are you finding that information, Obi? According to Virgin's site, the VS16 arrived at 9am this morning.

Obi was looking at the 16 which arrived yesterday the 18th for some reason?? But the 15 was only 1 hour late yesterday!

I know that the aircraft which comes in on a route does not necessarily go back out on the same route it may be due to have maintainence, go tech or be swapped for another route, maybe todays origianl aircraft went tech so they have had to bring another in.

Claire ;)

There have been a few late flight concerns recently. Terminal 2 Manchester is awful, really don't fancy the 4 hour delay VS075 seems to have suffered today with our 18 month old!

According to the Orlando Airport website VS015 is now excpected at 21:25!(was due at 16:40 originally)
There does seem to be a lot of delays recently.

I noticed this as well. To be honest I think we have been delayed 75% of our holidays abroad not just Florida. We flew with VA in Oct 05 and our flight was delayed 2 hours, 1 hour from BA to go to NYC. Its horrible when that happens, because you just want to get there. I normally drive to the airport with a mind of an hour delay, just so I dont get dissapointed.

Good luck anyone who is flying soon.

Hi,
I posted a reply on a similar thread to this a few days ago. I sent VA an e-mail regarding flight delays and they chose not reply, so I sent it again and guess what no reply. Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent:

Hi,
My partner and myself are Flying Club silver members and we fly to Orlando Florida at least twice a year. I have been checking the punctuality of your services over the last ten days and I have to say I am not impressed. The VS015 has averaged a delay of almost 95 minutes per day (worst delay was 3hours 27mins. on 30/03/07) whilst the VS027 has averaged almost 65 minutes per day (worst delay was 3 hours 7 mins. on 30/03/07)
Could you tel me if you think these delays are acceptable for a schedule service and if not how you plan to improve the punctuality.

Mick.

:cool2:

I've been picking up the info from BAA Gatwick. The 12:45 flight didn't actually leave until 17:45.

Also the "016" from Orlando which is scheduled to take off at 19:40 will not leave there until 23:30, which means it will be late again tomorrow!!

Any flight can be delayed at any time but the main thing is have Virgin kept you up to date and aware of the situation?

I know it puts you off using a company again when stuff like this happens but there's nothing to say by using a different airline next trip it will be any different, the VS016 could go on time and your new flight may be delayed!

Hope you get there soon :)

:)

Jodie

Hi,
My partner and myself are Flying Club silver members and we fly to Orlando Florida at least twice a year. I have been checking the punctuality of your services over the last ten days and I have to say I am not impressed. The VS015 has averaged a delay of almost 95 minutes per day (worst delay was 3hours 27mins. on 30/03/07) whilst the VS027 has averaged almost 65 minutes per day (worst delay was 3 hours 7 mins. on 30/03/07)
Could you tel me if you think these delays are acceptable for a schedule service and if not how you plan to improve the punctuality.

:cool2:

Try re-writing your e-mail:

Dear Sir / Madam,

As a frequent flyer to Orlando and a Flying Club silver member, I take a close interest in in flights to Florida. Recently I have noticed that there have been lengthy delays to both the VS015 service (longest 3 hours 27 mins on 30/03/07) and the VS027 (longest 5 hours on 19/04/07).

As there is an obvious issue with the service at the moment, could you tell me whether the issue will be resolved in the near future? I ask this because of my forthcoming trip to Orlando.

Many thanks.

Yours faithfully,

We normally get delayed with Virgin, but we've never been this unlucky. It got me thinking about what happens the other end. Do you run the risk of your hotel room having been sold to someone else? Most hotels have a time after which they assume you won't be turning up, don't they?

the VS016 could go on time and your new flight may be delayed!

Jodie

As the VS016 from Orlando is the VS015 from Gatwick it won't be taking off on time due to the fact that the VS015 is scheduled to land at 21:03 whereas the VS016 "scheduled" take-off is 19:40.:teacher: ;)

Try re-writing your e-mail:

Dear Sir / Madam,

As a frequent flyer to Orlando and a Flying Club silver member, I take a close interest in in flights to Florida. Recently I have noticed that there have been lengthy delays to both the VS015 service (longest 3 hours 27 mins on 30/03/07) and the VS027 (longest 5 hours on 19/04/07).

As there is an obvious issue with the service at the moment, could you tell me whether the issue will be resolved in the near future? I ask this because of my forthcoming trip to Orlando.

Many thanks.

Yours faithfully,

Wow for a brief moment I thought I was back at school..!

As the VS016 from Orlando is the VS015 from Gatwick it won't be taking off on time due to the fact that the VS015 is scheduled to land at 21:03 whereas the VS016 "scheduled" take-off is 19:40.:teacher: ;)

I think you mis-understood me Richard,

I meant that if next year the OP chooses to go with a different airline, say BA, specificaly because of this delay with Virgin today they may not nessesarily be better of as they could be delayed with BA nand the Virgin flight on the same day could get away fine

Jodie

Any flight can be delayed at any time but the main thing is have Virgin kept you up to date and aware of the situation?

I know it puts you off using a company again when stuff like this happens but there's nothing to say by using a different airline next trip it will be any different

I echo this - we had a delay of 8 hours on Airtours - first and LAST time flying with them!!:headache:

I think one of the reasons we fly with the larger companies and pay the premium is we assume that they can react to problems better and have the resources (such as spare parts, pilots or even 'planes) to deal with any eventuality.

This is looking like it's not the case at the moment and given that we've paid £800 per person, I don't expect to be delayed. If I'd gone budget, I would be prepared for it.

BA used to be big and reliable and are just a bunch of sheisters (sic!) now that do not deserve the reputation the name gives them. VA seemed much better but upwards of 4/5 delays from various airports in a week suggests there are problems.

I agree, but I think this is the price we're paying for expecting and demanding cheaper and cheaper fares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter