Virgin Flight Changes

gavvy

DIS Veteran
Worth checking your flight times for next year, mine in april have moved by an hour, some have moved a lot more it seems

Worth checking your flight times for next year, mine in april have moved by an hour, some have moved a lot more it seems

I`m not even sure they`re done with changes, not quite sure the reasoning behind such a drastic change in times.

Our flight out in April has changed from 11am to 13.50. Coming home our flight was departing at 7pm, it`s now 22.20!! It`s going to be difficult to work out rental car return times, especially if they change again.

They have also changed planes too, we were on the A330, now seems to be the A350 which isn`t the worst thing. But, no notifications from VA so some may miss it if they don`t check their booking.

Just checked my flights for September next year and they have also changed. Strangely though they are slower going out - now departing the UK 45 minutes later than our previous schedule, but arriving in Orlando 1hr 15 later. Yet on the way back we are both leaving and arriving 1 hr 35 later, so flight duration isn't changed on that leg.

The good thing about a later flight home though is that you can pretty much get a full day in the park on your final day!

Last edited:

We just booked at the weekend and were told that the 10.25 out of Manchester will be changing to 1.30

Does anyone know why the times have changed so much? 22.30 is really late given an 11am checkout. We usually go for the earlier of the two afternoon flights home because I hate getting all hot and sticky and then flying home. Goodness knows what we will do with ourselves if we end up on the 22.30 flight. Hanging about in the hotel all day seems like a very sad ending to our holiday.

Goodness knows what we will do with ourselves if we end up on the 22.30 flight. Hanging about in the hotel all day seems like a very sad ending to our holiday.
We have that flight, we are staying at Boardwalk so using that day as another park reservation day and going to do shopping around World Showcase, other option was Disney Springs but yeah both will be super hot and if a thunderstorm rolls in then have to shelter in a restaurant for a while. As for keeping fresh for plane, it's going to have to be a change of clothes and make best job of getting refreshed at hotel.

I'm flying with Lufthansa and also my flights were changed at least 3 times now....
I don't know if it something for MCO, but seems that's something really common with flights in this period....

I'm flying onMonday from Manchester. Booked last summer, the flight times did change in the autumn, put back by a couple of hours both ends, but only to what the normal times usually are anyway. The flights I originally booked were unusually early. Fingers crossed no nasty surprises in the next couple of days! But I've not yet had a journey there with Virgin that's not been changed in some way, since I first started going in 2014. And once the outward flght was cancelled and brought forward a day, and once the return flight cancelled and moved back a day. Annoying when you've already booked the hotel and park tickets.

The Manchester flights are usually around 10am outward and 18:30ish coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter