Virgin Hand Luggage

Kim & James

Earning My Ears
What is the current situation with kid's hand luggage? Can they still use the little trolley cases or are they still very srict. I don't want to go packing everything for the flight in there if it has to go in the hold.
Anybody have up to date info?
Kim

It's exactly the same as before - as long as it falls within the measurements (9x14x22 inches) and is less than 6kgs it ok and on the outbound flight they have ALWAYS been very strict with the weight, coming back they don't seem to give a hoot. Just remember, anything sharpish like a nail file/clippers can be confiscated (not put in the hold, just plain confiscated) - and nothing that looks like a gun, knife, screwdriver etc...though that's unlikely to be in your kids luggage anyhow!

Aside from extra and random security searches at the boarding gate, things seem to be relatively back to normal.

Hope that helps :D

Penny :D

.... and some security checks don't like tweazers, either (had to remove mine from the make-up bag in my hand luggage and put them in my checked luggage). This I find wierd as it would be a slow process to "pluck someone to death" (could do much more damage with a nicely crafted fountain pen - which isn't banned).

Boo

What about those of us who love to Cross stitch, mine goes every where with me, I appreciate that my scissors will have to go in checked luggage, but the needle, will it be ok, I can't imagine such a long flight without some crosses!!! to do, I know i'll get really agitated if my fingers aren't busy.

Well, I can't imagine that they'll pick that up at the x-ray check, but Virgin check people randomly at the boarding gate and properly hand search their hand luggage (when I went thru it looked to be about every third person or so) so if you were stopped at that and searched, I imagine that they <i>would</i> confiscate something like a needle, though I am totally guessing at that. Make sure you pack a spare needle in your checked luggage in case they do confiscate it so atleast you can still cross-stitch when you get there!

Penny :D

Thanks for the replys, things look a little clearer now. I had to laugh a few weeks ago, I overheard a lady saying to her friend " Well, I really don't know whether to put my hair brush in my case or hand luggage, it could be classed as a weapon!"
Her friend replied, "What are you likely to do, groom someone to death!!"
I appreciated it anyway!
Kim

... I don't know, someone who has seriously knotty hair could be put in serious agony by being groomed to death...

if the lady you overhead and I teamed up, we would make a deadly pair: we could groom and pluck them to death at the same time ;-)

Boo
(you haven't lived until you see the faces on the security team at LAX scan your check-in bag with six fencing swords in it and have to handle the question "could anything in your luggage be considered to look like a weapon?")

Originally posted by Kim & James
Thanks for the replys, things look a little clearer now. I had to laugh a few weeks ago, I overheard a lady saying to her friend " Well, I really don't know whether to put my hair brush in my case or hand luggage, it could be classed as a weapon!"
Her friend replied, "What are you likely to do, groom someone to death!!"
I appreciated it anyway!
Kim

LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter