Virtual runs

pxefig

DIS Veteran
So what races around you have virtual runs attached to it? I have gotten my sisters into running and last year we did the Dumbo Double Dare together- no small feat since we are in Japan, Texas and Minnesota. In January we signed up for the virtual Celebration half marathon. We ended up video calling each other while we were running and pretended we were together, right @PxyShan?
vr.jpg
My older sister is on a tiny island in Japan without a lot of race options so she really enjoyed doing that and was just saying how we should sign up for another one to keep her motivated. SO if you happen to know of other great virtual runs, feel free to share them here!
The Celebration one was also pretty neat because they mailed nice SWAG and the race shirt is a Rawthreads one
IMG_3533.JPG

Are you ladies Harry Potter fans? Hogwarts Running Club on Facebook has some pretty sweet-looking virtual race medals.
Why, yes. Yes we are!
You have no idea how many times I've had to go up to a corporeal form and had to ask them if they were the imprint of a departed soul!

Moonjoggers has some and link to others. We just did a memorial virtual run for Nimoy that had proceeds go to COPD research. Very cute medal.

The Gone for a Run Sole Sisters run comes with SHOE BLING! How fun! Thanks for the links!

I was looking for a 1 miler for my son and found a bunch of virtual runs listed on Active.com. This was totally new to me and I'm very interested in how it works.

Ugh - I am SUCH a sucker for the Hogwarts Running Club virtual runs! Just signed up for the couple I was missing today as part of the Time Turner event. I love all of the charities associated with these, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter