Vistana Resort Report

jdm

DIS Veteran
Hi All

Just back from the Vistana Resort. We checked in the 15th of Feb thru the 22nd. We arrived about 11am hoping for an early checkin. I had preregistered requesting Cascades. The diamond checkin wasn't yet opened when we arrived and they had us in the Fountains area. I asked about the Spa's but the guy looked so troubled that I would want Spa over Fountain that I went with his recommendation. Evidently the Cascades was completely booked. We were not able to get into our condo until 4pm but was very pleased with the location. We were ground floor (requested) with the pool right out our screened in porch (also requested).

The condo itself was very large but dated. I could tell it was an older unit with some small maintenance problems. We had a cupboard that kept coming off the hinges and the bathroom door in the master wouldn't slide closed all the way. Very minor things that I noticed but didn't care about and never called about. The second bedroom was very large with two double beds and the master was also huge as was the living/ dining area. We were very comfortable.

The location was great. The pool area was big and beautiful with an arcade and restaurant and bar right there. I think this pool area is shared with the Lakes section although I'm not sure. There were fountains, and weeping willows and ducks everywhere. We loved it.

One morning I walked all around the resort and the only pool area I saw that seemed comparable / nicer than our was Cascades. The rest looked small to me and the one with the slide did not seem near as nice as ours. You can probably tell that the pool is a big issue with us as swimming in it is a big part of the vacation. The Fountains pool also was open until 1am which was nice.

I have to say that I was very apprehensive about being away from the "main" part of the resort but ended up loving where we were.

The checkin people were all nice as was all the employees we encountered. They called a couple of times to tell us to pick up our welcome packet which we had already picked up on checkin but I got the feeling it was to pursue a presentation which we were not interested in.

We didn't do any of the activities as we were just too busy but could easily have enjoyed spending most of our time at the resort.

We had a rental so I don't have any information on the shuttle.

The only negative I can think of was the service at the Pizza Hut. Terrible. I called ahead twice and was put on hold and forgotten. Finally, we drove down there and there were a bunch of angry people who had tried to call ahead. The employees were kind of joking around with each other acting very unprofessional. We waited about a half and hour for our pizzas and left. The service was terrible.

All in all we loved it and would happily stay in the Fountains area again.

Jenn

Jenn, we were at the Vistana Resort a year ago and I had similar impressions. We did get into the cascades section which was very nice. Fountains, although not the newest, is also not one of the oldest. I believe the Spas and Springs sections date back to the seventies so you were steered correctly to stay with the Fountains. Did you mind being across the road? We never made it over to the Fountians/lakes section but I saw them on the map. I agree with you about the slide pool, pretty lame, but the Super pool wasn't bad. Huge and the largest hot tub I ever saw. Did you try the mini golf? We waited for our Pizzas as well but I don't recall it being as bad as you stated. A nice resort and I would go back.

Hi Jeff

No, we didn't mind being across the road at all. It was a very quick walk. I walked the whole resort one morning just to snoop around the other areas and check out the pools etc. I guess part of me wanted to make sure we were in an ok area and the other part of me wanted to sneak away and have a Haggen Daus ice cream cone for breakfast (ah, nothin like being on vacation!)! Anyway, all in all I loved our area. It had a real peacefulness to it. Lots of little walking bridges over the lakes and ducks and weeping willows.... it seemed quieter in our area with less comings and goings.

We didn't try the mini golf. We were up and at'em every day to another adventure outside of the resort. In fact, next time I'll build in a lot more R & R!

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter