Volcano Bay Express Pass Sold Out First Weekend (AVAILABLE AGAIN)

Thanks to this thread, I just taught the front desk lady at Portofino about Volcano Bay express passes.
First let me say I didn't realize until reading here that VB express was not included in the premiere hotels. Thinking about it now, it does make sense. I really wish I would have looked more in depth when I booked and not made assumptions. I'm going with my girlfriend from 5/29 - 6/2, and was planning to go to Volcano Bay on the Wednesday 5/31. After learning this, I went to Universal's website to buy express passes, and they had exactly ONE express pass available for Wednesday, because when I put in 2 it said unavailable. So, we're going on Tuesday now, 2 express were still available for that day.
I called Portofino to confirm this, and at first she was saying no, you will receive a wristband, but since you are staying at the premiere hotel, it will be "special", basically saying the express pass will be "built in" to the TapuTapu. After asking if she's sure because that would probably break the whole virtual line system for non premiere hotel guests, she had to put me on hold to confirm and came back to say that I was correct with all that I had learned from this thread. She ended up thanking me, saying "This is new to all of us and we're learning as we go."
So thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this trip so much. Not only have I not been to Universal Studios in 20 years and a lot.... well, basically EVERYTHING has changed since then, we'll be there for historic opening of a new water theme park, capping off with the DIS 20th Epcot party! It's going to be epic! :sunny:

If you are thinking of other dates, go look. I was just able to get unlimited for my son and I for both our dates, 5/26 & 5/28. The EP thing with VB is really confusing. I am so jealous that you are getting to go to the DIS 20th. I really want to, but DS has to be back to school on 5/30. It would be really weird for me to fly home with him and then fly right back out, or to send him home to Daddy alone. Believe me, I thought about it:scratchin DH and I did the podcast anniversary in July, and it was completely awesome. You are going to have such a great time. The DIS crew is just wonderful.

Yessss, sweet! That is one other thing the front desk lady told me when I mentioned how Wednesday the 31st had exactly 1 express pass left. She said maybe Universal will add a few more as a response to the increased demand. That's likely what just happened with your dates, congrats!! Rather than waiting any longer, I just decided to buy the express for Tues. 30th since 2 were still available.
Here's a somewhat relevant question, because I can't find any kind of dress code for Volcano Bay on the website, there are still all these unknowns leading up to the park opening it's crazy, but basically I'm thinking about footwear. Are you planning to wear sandals or these aqua shoes? Like, I would like to wear either for walking around the park, but would they actually let you wear these while sliding down these brand new slides? Don't you think they wouldn't want them to get scuffed up? If not, I'm guessing you'll have to buy a locker or something? Gah, well at least the big issue with the express passes is resolved!!:yay:

Yessss, sweet! That is one other thing the front desk lady told me when I mentioned how Wednesday the 31st had exactly 1 express pass left. She said maybe Universal will add a few more as a response to the increased demand. That's likely what just happened with your dates, congrats!! Rather than waiting any longer, I just decided to buy the express for Tues. 30th since 2 were still available.
Here's a somewhat relevant question, because I can't find any kind of dress code for Volcano Bay on the website, there are still all these unknowns leading up to the park opening it's crazy, but basically I'm thinking about footwear. Are you planning to wear sandals or these aqua shoes? Like, I would like to wear either for walking around the park, but would they actually let you wear these while sliding down these brand new slides? Don't you think they wouldn't want them to get scuffed up? If not, I'm guessing you'll have to buy a locker or something? Gah, well at least the big issue with the express passes is resolved!!:yay:

I was hoping that they would release more, but I had resigned myself to that not happening. I know! Having the EP issue resolved is a huge weight off my shoulders.

DS and I have Keen waterproof sandals. We will wear them to walk around. However, we will go barefoot on/in the attractions. I read somewhere that they had special sand brought in that is supposed to remain cool. The pavement could get hot I guess. I haven't been to a water park in years though.

I got the premium seating specifically to have the lockbox. I knew that there wouldn't be anyone to watch our stuff if we both went and did stuff. I didn't want to be running back and forth to the locker all day. If it's just shoes, then it may be fine, but I wouldn't leave anything more than that at my chair.

Thank you so much, I've learned even more valuable information from this thread. When you mentioned the premium seating I at first assumed you were talking about the cabanas which was never a consideration for me, but looking into it more, that would be perfect for my girlfriend and I. I was expecting no more to be available at this point, but we just got one reserved for that Tuesday in Wave Village near the volcano! :beach: HYPED!!

Thank you so much, I've learned even more valuable information from this thread. When you mentioned the premium seating I at first assumed you were talking about the cabanas which was never a consideration for me, but looking into it more, that would be perfect for my girlfriend and I. I was expecting no more to be available at this point, but we just got one reserved for that Tuesday in Wave Village near the volcano! :beach: HYPED!!

Oh, that's great! I have seen some video of the premium seating. They are two linked chaise lounges with a giant, stroller like canopy over the top. It didn't look like it covers the entire chaise, like maybe not the very bottom. It was hard to tell though. I think the lockbox sits between the two chaise, but I haven't been able to tell how bit it is. I don't usually splurge for those kind of things, but it's nice to have the lockbox, shade, and reserved seating. It wasn't too outrageous, considering you get it for the entire day. Ours is in the Rainforest Village, but I don't know exactly where that is yet. I think the Wave Village is right in front of the volcano. If you look in this video, I think the seating at the beginning and end is the wave village. You can see some brown chaise that have a tan canopy. Those are the premium seats.

Wow looks gorgeous! Yeah I wouldn't normally go for the extra options, and definitely wouldn't spend over 100 extra for a cabana, but since we were looking at getting a locker anyway and it comes in a pair which for this trip it is just 2 of us, it's worth it to us for that extra convenience and shade. It's going to be interesting seeing the park come together and experience it so soon after opening. I bet there are crews working on it overnight right now and right up to opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter