Volcano bay express pass

I wish I could give better indications of wait times with EP. We had unlimited EP on Friday and Sunday. However, it was really all over the map. Early and late were better. Mid-day was bad. Sometimes there would be a bit of a line to tap in and then more line after the tap in. I think for the stuff we tried that the longest waits were 15-20 minutes. Sometimes they were pretty much walk-ons though. Breakdowns and excessive crowds were the major factors affecting the waits for everyone. We did not end up in a line using EP when a ride broke down. We were only in the Krakatau line when there was a break down.

I just got off the phone with universal and they said that "all of the express passes for volcano bay are sold out until further notice." So I don't know if they just stopped selling them or if they actually sold out. I hope they sell more because I don't know if it will be worth it to go and have to wait 6 hours to ride 1-2 rides.

I have regular EPs for Father's Day Weekend (got them early) and just called customer service to have them upgraded. I was told that EPs will only be sold AT the Volcano Bay Park for now on! I was also told that I would have to upgrade my regular EPs at the park. Good news is that you still have the chance to buy them! :)

1. good morning

we visited Volcano Bay yesterday. We stayed at the Cabana Bay which has a special access to the volcano bay park, well worth it .
    They told us to go as close as 8.00 AM as possible. We were not thrilled, my teenagers like to stay up very late and start their day at noon, but we made an effort and were in the park at 8.20 AM
    It was not really crowded at that time , the hotels guests could go left while entering the park, non hotel guests were heading right where they could wait on the beach from what we saw.

We had unlimited express passes that we purchased online 1 month ago, there was a lot of people at the concierge booth at the entrance of the park, so we went to the one at the back. The employees are not well trained we were told there were no such thing as express passes, finally we found someone that uploaded them in our tapu tapu.

We were really not happy with our day!
    First we came for the thrill attractions, everything was closed : the three launch rides at the top of the volcano closed
    later like at 10.00 am they closed another 2 slides, krakatau broke down and the wave pool closed
    by that time we decided to leave the park at soon as possible.......after doing a few other rides

The wait times were decent from 9.00 to 9.30, as from 9.30 there was a line of 30 - 45 minutes in most of the slides we entered , the tapu tapu prevent a part of the queue but not all
    we were told at each ride that our express passes were not loaded correctly so we had to go back to the concierge several times, and it was never fixed .
    our express passes were great to enter any queue at any time once the employees finally realise we were entitld to use them
    We paid $60/ person for this express pass
    we never got to do rides more than once because too many people
    when we exited the park at 11.00 the wait times were at 2 hours for most rides and long lines in each of the staircase to the top of the slides , the best rides still closed ( they opened that day really late like 4.00 from what we heard later)
    mot of the beach chairs, cabanas were empty and the park was far from being at capacity, we never want to see it when it is crazy busy!!!!!!!
    on our way out we stopped at guest servies : 2 employees to service 40 furious guests ..... I waited
    I heard many people complaining they were in the park for 4 hours and couldn't ride anything , the rides breaking down and extending their wait time on tapu tapu ......
    they were given out paper fastpasses to access rides
    some were there wanting to buy fastpasses but employees said they are not on sale anymore
    I asked to be refunded for my quick queues tickets , and they gave me instead 5 park ticket to come back anytime
    they were lovely and helpful
    My kids both said that they prefer aquatica : real express tickets with no queues , better rides ( at the exception of the volcano bay thrill rides that look insane, and we will be back to do just those)
    the kids didn't like that you mandatory have to stay in a tube on the fast river ( which is not so fast)
    also in most of the rides we were asked to leave our shoes at the entrance, well I do not like to walk without my water shoes ..... I want to use them in the queues and hold them in the slides
    they won't let you do that in Volcano Bay
    the park is lovely , they are already working on the extension , and yes there were some areas of volcano bay that were not finished, with tools, and unfinished constructions spots , but globally so all in one gorgeous but really not ready imo to welcome guests.

the cabana bay is great for volcano bay , it was not our first time at this hotel but now that it is all finished it is one of the best hotel of universal :-)

Quick question, please:
Regarding Express Passes, is the Krakatau Aqua Coaster the only attraction that the they're not valid at?
I ask because the technical terms on Universal's site, after Aqua Coaster, it states "other select attractions and separately ticketed events". I get "separately ticketed events", it's "other selected attractions" is what I'm referring to.
Thanks!

For the ones willing to buy EP , they refused them to everyone asking yesterday..... They said because they have such long lines for th slides, they suspend the EP for now
Beware of what is being said on the phone , not all employees are well trained

we will visit again the park only if the wait time is more ok and if they have EP , otherwise you are waiting long and long hours, and my teenagers kids were bored after 1 hour in the river

1. good morning

we visited Volcano Bay yesterday. We stayed at the Cabana Bay which has a special access to the volcano bay park, well worth it .
    They told us to go as close as 8.00 AM as possible. We were not thrilled, my teenagers like to stay up very late and start their day at noon, but we made an effort and were in the park at 8.20 AM
    It was not really crowded at that time , the hotels guests could go left while entering the park, non hotel guests were heading right where they could wait on the beach from what we saw.

We had unlimited express passes that we purchased online 1 month ago, there was a lot of people at the concierge booth at the entrance of the park, so we went to the one at the back. The employees are not well trained we were told there were no such thing as express passes, finally we found someone that uploaded them in our tapu tapu.

We were really not happy with our day!
    First we came for the thrill attractions, everything was closed : the three launch rides at the top of the volcano closed
    later like at 10.00 am they closed another 2 slides, krakatau broke down and the wave pool closed
    by that time we decided to leave the park at soon as possible.......after doing a few other rides

The wait times were decent from 9.00 to 9.30, as from 9.30 there was a line of 30 - 45 minutes in most of the slides we entered , the tapu tapu prevent a part of the queue but not all
    we were told at each ride that our express passes were not loaded correctly so we had to go back to the concierge several times, and it was never fixed .
    our express passes were great to enter any queue at any time once the employees finally realise we were entitld to use them
    We paid $60/ person for this express pass
    we never got to do rides more than once because too many people
    when we exited the park at 11.00 the wait times were at 2 hours for most rides and long lines in each of the staircase to the top of the slides , the best rides still closed ( they opened that day really late like 4.00 from what we heard later)
    mot of the beach chairs, cabanas were empty and the park was far from being at capacity, we never want to see it when it is crazy busy!!!!!!!
    on our way out we stopped at guest servies : 2 employees to service 40 furious guests ..... I waited
    I heard many people complaining they were in the park for 4 hours and couldn't ride anything , the rides breaking down and extending their wait time on tapu tapu ......
    they were given out paper fastpasses to access rides
    some were there wanting to buy fastpasses but employees said they are not on sale anymore
    I asked to be refunded for my quick queues tickets , and they gave me instead 5 park ticket to come back anytime
    they were lovely and helpful
    My kids both said that they prefer aquatica : real express tickets with no queues , better rides ( at the exception of the volcano bay thrill rides that look insane, and we will be back to do just those)
    the kids didn't like that you mandatory have to stay in a tube on the fast river ( which is not so fast)
    also in most of the rides we were asked to leave our shoes at the entrance, well I do not like to walk without my water shoes ..... I want to use them in the queues and hold them in the slides
    they won't let you do that in Volcano Bay
    the park is lovely , they are already working on the extension , and yes there were some areas of volcano bay that were not finished, with tools, and unfinished constructions spots , but globally so all in one gorgeous but really not ready imo to welcome guests.

the cabana bay is great for volcano bay , it was not our first time at this hotel but now that it is all finished it is one of the best hotel of universal :-)
Thank you for the detailed report. I do appreciate your respectful way in describing the not so good parts of your visit. Constructive criticism without going too far is the way to go, imho:thumbsup2
We'll be there on June 27th., and we're hoping that things there are smoother by then, but certainly accepting the fact that the park will still be new and unfortunate things may occur. I will certainly try to be as patient and understanding as it looks like you were. Must be some rough days for some of the employees.
The Clark Griswold in me already secured a cabana and express passes and by the looks of it, for once my wife may give me props on this one,lol:rolleyes2

Thank you Mark,
Even though our visit was less than perfect, we felt blessed to experience this new stunning waterpark and yes Universal did a great job in the design . Also we do live in Clearwater Beach , we are a mere 1H30 minutes from Orlando....., for us it is not a big deal we can easily come back and visit another day :-)
I understand how people from other states might be much more annoyed that we were as they do not have the possibility to come back that easily.
I hope they will quickly improve their game and make a great experience for every guest.

We really felt sorry for all the employees, they didn't know how to use the computers, do special requests, not funny
I have to say Universal has the best customer service of Orlando , they are so nice...... If you have any issue, go and talk to someone , they will help you right away and with a smile, way to go universal ;-)

For us it they stop selling in the long term the EP , we are not sure to go back , at least during holidays, vacation and peak time, we like to experience light crowds

The Clark Griswold ( lol) in you did a great job, yes you will have the best time that way and I hope all the slides will be opened
we will surely go back end of June as well :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter