Volcano Bay touring plan

The most important things are to get there at opening when lines are shortest. Krakatau aqua coaster especially, which gets long waits later. I'm not good for touring plan because I have an AP and some things I have done once or twice and skip now. I thought you could look at wait times in the app to see which slides build the biggest waits, right now in early afternoon it's not showing, maybe they don't show wait times after all.

I generally start with Krakatau and the Honu and Ika moana raft rides. I did a trap door slide once and that was enough for me! I don't like the Ohno and Ohyah body slides. There are a couple of other raft rides (Puihi and Maku) I haven't been on in a while, as a frequent solo visitor I get tired of having to ride with another group (although usually they are very nice about it). So, I suggest you read up on the slides and make your priorities. You can use tapu to save a place in line and do other things while waiting - the pool, 2 rivers, or the taniwha tubes are often 'ride now'.

Orlando Informer website has some more info on touring VB.

Agreed with above, but I am love the drop slides! Rope drop is 100% your best bet. Hit. krakatau as soon as you get there (or tap for a return time first thing if there is already a wait). Then hit Honu and Iki Moana. Then I'd do either the drop slides or Maku Puihi slides, tapping in for waits and going on things that are ride now. The two person Taniwha tubes never have waits (or weren't more than 15 mins) all day, so save those for the afternoon. The drop slide waits are pretty constant all day so do those when you are ready. If you wanna ride krakatau more than once, be sure to tap in the second time early in the day because that one WILL full up. It goes to like a 4 hour wait by noon and once the wait is after closing, they close the vq.

following this, as I understand it gets really crowded, but I don't seem to be able to create a plan on Touring Plans.

Hi ,for EE for volcano bus, we have heard certain areas are not open until official opening time .

Does anyone know what areas are open for EE , we have picked our spot to setup but want to make sure it's available when we do EE

Hi ,for EE for volcano bus, we have heard certain areas are not open until official opening time .

Does anyone know what areas are open for EE , we have picked our spot to setup but want to make sure it's available when we do EE
Not sure, they used to send everyone to the right as you face the volcano, (I did EE from Volcano Bay in May and I always head right now so I don't remember if they are still dong that) I always set up in front of the Dancing Dragons bar because proximity to rum punch is important to me! You can certainly walk as far as Krakatau and the Honu/Ika Moana rides. Where are you looking to set up?

PS love the username! Want to spend more time in Galway next trip to Ireland.

Not sure, they used to send everyone to the right as you face the volcano, (I did EE from Volcano Bay in May and I always head right now so I don't remember if they are still dong that) I always set up in front of the Dancing Dragons bar because proximity to rum punch is important to me! You can certainly walk as far as Krakatau and the Honu/Ika Moana rides. Where are you looking to set up?

PS love the username! Want to spend more time in Galway next trip to Ireland.

We had picked an area just before the Bambu restaurant, there is a small area with coverings.

We had picked an area just before the Bambu restaurant, there is a small area with coverings.
Not sure about that area for EE. I don't recall them pushing everyone to the right last time, can't say for sure. (Sorry.) I guess if you have to wait and move there it might not be too bad. (Put your stuff near the main pool and do a few rides first?) Those areas don't fill up fast usually. There is a nice quiet area around the Puka Uli Lagoon that way too.

Not sure about that area for EE. I don't recall them pushing everyone to the right last time, can't say for sure. (Sorry.) I guess if you have to wait and move there it might not be too bad. (Put your stuff near the main pool and do a few rides first?) Those areas don't fill up fast usually. There is a nice quiet area around the Puka Uli Lagoon that way too.
Thanks for help :)

Good luck! When are you going? I am staying at Cabana Bay in mid-August, have a 3 park Ap, and use VB as my pool because it is so convenient.
In 4 days , 13 hour plus travel day :/

We aren't swimmers so just plan to do lazy river , aqua coaster , explore vb and relax

If we get there at rope drop for EE, would it be better to ride Krakatau or tap into it and ride the drop slides first? Is it even possible to tap into it right away? We've never been but I know my kids will want to do all of the thrill rides.

We were there Memorial Day weekend, and did EE rope drop. Left side was open, but the walkway was blocked off so that you couldn't go past the Volcano.

We were there Memorial Day weekend, and did EE rope drop. Left side was open, but the walkway was blocked off so that you couldn't go past the Volcano.
That’s how it was for us in June but it wasn’t blocked until you got further back. We walked all the way around there not knowing that and had to turn around. Still got good shady spots to sit but wasted a few minutes walking back and forth. It would have been nice knowing that considering we passed about 15 employees before they turned us around.

If we get there at rope drop for EE, would it be better to ride Krakatau or tap into it and ride the drop slides first? Is it even possible to tap into it right away? We've never been but I know my kids will want to do all of the thrill rides.
If the Krakatau is Ride Now when you get there, you can grab a virtual time as soon as you get off then make your way to the drop slides. The wait for Kookiri Body Plunge increases faster than the other drop slides so I would recommend that one first. If it is Ride Now then you can simply hop on. If there is a wait then you can make the decision to keep your Krakatau reservation or replace it.

If the Krakatau is Ride Now when you get there, you can grab a virtual time as soon as you get off then make your way to the drop slides. The wait for Kookiri Body Plunge increases faster than the other drop slides so I would recommend that one first. If it is Ride Now then you can simply hop on. If there is a wait then you can make the decision to keep your Krakatau reservation or replace it.
That makes sense! Thank you!

I am going to be that person-the first and only time we have been we did a cabana and that was amazing! Even the premium seating looked great-I would highly recommend that.

We did pay attention to some plans-get Krakatoa as one of your earliest rides as it can get hot as the sun gets higher in the sky. Also really look at a map before going anywhere! We kept getting lost trying to find both lazy rivers!

I am going to be that person-the first and only time we have been we did a cabana and that was amazing! Even the premium seating looked great-I would highly recommend that.

We did pay attention to some plans-get Krakatoa as one of your earliest rides as it can get hot as the sun gets higher in the sky. Also really look at a map before going anywhere! We kept getting lost trying to find both lazy rivers!
I figure if we can plan for the first few rides then we can figure it out after that! We don't usually stay at a water park (or any park) all day so I don't think the cabanas would be worth it for us. We have 4-day 3-park passes so I think we're more likely to come for a few hours at a time. We're also staying at the Hard Rock so I think I'm most excited about the proximity of everything as compared to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter