Vow Renewal in Parks?

DumboFan

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to do a vow renewal in the MK? I've convinced DH to go for the renewal, so I'm going to try to hit him with all the options at once! Also, is there a link to just add-ons? We have APs & you can't beat the room rate discounts right now!

Any help is appreciated!

It is possible to have a renewal or wedding in the MK, but it is a $40,000 minimum. I've heard, though, that the castle garden at Disneyland is a more affordable option for weddings & renewals, so you might want to look at that, if you have your heart set on doing it in the parks.
If you have a custom event, Epcot has several locations that are available for reception venues, as does MGM Studios, but those would fall under the $7500 minimum for weekdays and $10,000 minimum for weekends, since it's a custom. The intimate weddings have several ceremony options, but none are actually inside the parks.
If you want more information about the add-on packages for intimates, go to www.disneyweddings.com and click on the intimate packages. The add-on packages are exactly the same as those listed, except they don't include hotel or park passes. For 2002, the prices for add-ons are $2960 for premium intimate weddings and $2100 for deluxe intimate weddings.
If you want to see some photos of the ceremony options for intimate weddings, go to www.yourfairytale.com and click on Weddings. Some popular locations are the pavilion (premium intimate wedding) and Sunset Pointe, Seabreeze Pointe & Sunrise Terrace (deluxe intimate wedding).
Cheers!
Heather P

The only ceremonies they will allow inside the parks are custom weddings. Unfortunately they start at $25K and go up. Fairytale Weddings do offer add-on renewal packages for $2,100. The ceremony sites are not in the parks but close, they are Sunset Point (Polynesian), Wilderness Lodge or the Gazebo at Yacht & Beach Club. If you'd like the Wedding Pavilion it runs $2,900 for the add-on. With those packages it will be your ceremony, officiant, flowers for the two of you, cake and champagne reception, cake topper, etc.

I checked into this extensively last year as our 20th is this year. We ended up opting for the renewal package on the cruise and have it scheduled for September aboard the Magic.

Have you looked at the Disney's Fairytale Wedding website? It is,

http://www.disneyweddings.com

You'll find more info on all their packages.

Happy planning!

PS: I guess the minimum has risen since I inquired. :)

My wife and I renewed our vows two years ago at the BWV and brought our best friends with us who just happened to both be ministers. I know that is not an option with everyone, but it sure was special to us, and the cost was nothing.

I am working with gifts of a lifetime and we (DH and I) are doing a vow renewel in the Magic Kingdom. The package they put together for the day is quite nice!

Originally posted by kinlaw6450
I am working with gifts of a lifetime and we (DH and I) are doing a vow renewel in the Magic Kingdom. The package they put together for the day is quite nice!

This is quite interesting. I have it on good authority that Disney does NOT allow outside vendors or mavericks to do this sort of thing. The terminology used to describe the response was, "they treat it no different than shoplifting"- a direct quote from a person in the know to someone contemplating doing what you describe.

However, perhaps your vow renewal lacks a minister or bridal/groom wear, in which case they would be less likely to spot you.

-Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter