VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Welcome Davper.

I lurked here for many many years. Finally decided to pack away the introverted side of me last December and show up at a mini meet. Super super nice people. I am so glad I went. Since then I came out of the lurker corner and am not looking back.
Don't you mean, "not lurking back?" I slay me sometimes. . . :duck:
RE: the decor--I miss it despite its lack of clean lines and clashing styles. . .at least it HAD a style.
RE: the artist's rendition-- :snooty:

Hey, I liked the old decor!

I did too. I hated the new plain, theme-less look. The old designs had warmth and said "Welcome home :)" But they were very noisy on the eyes.

RE: the decor--I miss it despite its lack of clean lines and clashing styles. . .at least it HAD a style.

I miss this look too::yes::
I was playing WL music yesterday at work and found myself longing for those days of yesteryear

I, too, miss the old decor . . .it reminded me of my Grandfather's hunting cabin . . . you know . . . . what ever Grandma wanted removed from the house. But, really, I did enjoy the "Welcome Home" feel.

Yes, its become Homogenized and Pasteurized over the years, IMO. Great way to describe the old feel Dad. It did feel this way, with the mismatched look, but it worked.

I also missed the old decor. I wish they could keep some of the new but add back the stuff that made it feel homey and lodgey instead of like any other hotel room out there. I remember the first time we stayed there after the refurb - one of the bell hops who was delivering our luggage asked me if I loved it. He was surprised when I told him no. It was just too bland - it needs more rustic flavor than it now has.

It's still our lodge though and we still love it - but miss the homey, warm feeling the rooms used to have.

And so the whispering drum beat began this weekend . . . . now only four more sleeps (two for one of us!) . . . . then comes the anxious drive to the A/P; then the "Terminal" ordeal (stand here, don't stand there, open that bag, papers please, do not enter), hopefully avoiding the three big possible curses (Cancelled, Postponed, Delayed); a joyful ME ride, and then the fun and relaxation begins as we enter the Lodge to check in and hopefully get an odd numbered room (best for boat horns in the morning!).

On my way tonight! Tried to talk my son into dropping us off at the airport, but he has work in the morning, and we'll be leaving the house somewhere in vicinity of the 3am. Trying to set up my phone so I can pay bills from it while on this trip. NOT bringing a laptop this time. Might bring the kindle just to have a larger screen to view the Disboards on. :D

On my way tonight! Tried to talk my son into dropping us off at the airport, but he has work in the morning, and we'll be leaving the house somewhere in vicinity of the 3am. Trying to set up my phone so I can pay bills from it while on this trip. NOT bringing a laptop this time. Might bring the kindle just to have a larger screen to view the Disboards on. :D

Safe travels twinklebug and have a great trip!

Wow. All you travelers heading out, leaving the rest of us home alone and missing the Lodge. . .

upload_2018-12-3_14-12-14-jpeg.368225
upload_2018-12-3_14-12-42-jpeg.368226

That's playing a little unfair, Sleepy!

Wishing we could join y’all these first 2 December weeks but alas - work has other plans for me - so won’t be there til 16th...hope everyone has a safe, relaxing and uncrowded stay at the World

64AD2510-F9F2-41A6-834A-4190E0F5863B.jpeg

I am so jealous of everyone going to the lodge this December! I hope to be able to do a groupie meet sometime on a future trip!

One thing I forgot about my recent trip was a new “must do” — Baseline at Studios. And, not for the wonderful IPA selections, but it is a great stop for even those that avoid alcohol. They had a phenomenal thin sliced ribeye on a flakey bread with fancy cheese sauce on top. They call it an appetizer, but whatever it is awesome! We also tried a pretzel that put the usual Mickey style ones that are found everywhere to shame. Anyways, this place is towards Muppetvision 3D and is a new must do for us.

And now, to add to the dog picture theme.....

We are newer WL BR owners, and thinking of a trip next December for 3-4 nights (midweek). Is it very hard to book a studio the first week of December? i might just book a 1BR, not sure, I have enough points from 2018 to do so, but with only 2 of us, we really do not need that much space.

I mean generally speaking, of course. Do people actually walk reservations for December studios at BR? I have no real idea, I never was able to go to WDW in December, and we previously had all our points at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter