VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I was thinking I hadn't shared a nice view that we've had in awhile! A dedicated 1BR:

p1157479602-4.jpg

When you stood up it looked like this:

p1157479682-4.jpg

And this:

p1157479816-4.jpg

:rotfl:

My request? Lakeview, atrium.
It was kind of atrium I guess? At least it was just above those rooms.
Bus side. Of course. :eeyore:
Yeah, maybe I’ll skip the request and roll the dice...my luck’s been pretty good doing that....

Thank you guys. The doctor just called and all went well thank goodness. So relieved. He believes it is benign but will have to wait for the pathology to come back. Appreciate your support! You guys are the best.

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through right now. Prayers everything turns out OK for your family.

From our dedicated 2BR in 2014. My requests were top floor, dedicated not lock-off, lakeside, and quiet. 3 out of 4, not bad! Some might complain that it was a " long walk" from the elevator, but after staying at the BWV, it was a hop, skip and a jump compared to what we had there.IMG_7828.JPGIMG_7829.JPGIMG_7830.JPGIMG_7831.JPG

Hang in there guys - Disney will be better than ever after we're through all this. Well worth the wait.

Saw that Disney is opening up Shanghai on May 11th. This is the test by which they'll learn what works and what doesn't.

Hello, fellow groupies. Is anybody making plans to go to WDW during WDW's 50th Anniversary on October 1, 2021? We're going to be there, hopefully. Debating on how many nights.
I wasn’t - but now - with so many 2020 points I can bank into 2021 - I figure why not! See ya there!

Out on one of our sanity-saving walks yesterday with Luv (on one of our rare nice days the past few weeks), and the thought occurred to us that a lot more people are likely to become familiar with the Poly bungalows and Copper Creek GVs & cabins in the coming two years--all those surplus points and not enough inventory with all the cancellations and banking.

For those of you in the path of the next polar vortex storm, batten down the hatches and be safe. :duck:

Greetings Groupies!

As I type this I’m looking at the snow that’s falling. 🙄 my friend texted this to me this morning....
View attachment 493769

I'm happy to be on the west coast right now! 80+ degrees finally. But not to get too excited it's supposed to be high's in the 50's early next week. :crazy:

I just sent you a PM about the facemasks I had purchased.

I'm so envious of all the warm weather... 80s in FL, LA and CA... sigh. How'd we get stuck in this polar vortex? I don't recall ordering one for delivery and if I did the delivery guy never finds the house.

How many groupies are breaking quarantine to go see our moms tomorrow?
I'm on the edge...

I'm so envious of all the warm weather... 80s in FL, LA and CA... sigh. How'd we get stuck in this polar vortex? I don't recall ordering one for delivery and if I did the delivery guy never finds the house.

I'm on the edge...
No. Of course, part of that has to do with the fact she lives 1,020 miles away. ;) Luv and I got out today, walking a brisk 1.25 miles on a 50-degree day. . .with winds pushing that into the low 40s. We needed a few groceries, so ventured out to a local farm-to-market place where we had pre-ordered duck eggs and two bags of greens. All we had to do was open the cooler and take our order. We did stop at a Kroger, but we buttoned up with masks, wipes, and sanitizer. I recovered all the plants again for the second night in a row freeze. This is May, correct?

I will say, Groupies, that all things considered, Luv and I are fortunate: we have each other; we have income; we have a secure home; and we have friends, including this marvelous group. So many have so much less.

Happy Mother's Day!! to all the Groupie moms out there (albeit a few hours early)!!

I'm on the edge...
I say go while you can. Life is too short. Keep you distance but you will still get to see her beautiful face.

My mom is in assisted living and they have not allowed visitors for two months, and do not want residents to leave. We will have a Zoom visit with her, but will also drive over to her and drop off her gift and chat with her on the phone while standing out by her window. 🙏🏼That we turn a corner here soon.

I wish I could go see my mom, but she's in a locked down nursing facility. I'd also love to see my daughter on her first Mother's Day, but we are still keeping our distance until it gets warmer and we can try an outside visit.
I wish all the moms and surrogate moms here, (like teachers, favorite aunts, daycare providers, etc.), a happy Mother's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter