VWL guest laundry?

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
Part of our vacation for 2002 will be in a Studio. Where is the guest laundry?

Thanks.

It's on the 5th floor (top) of the villas as I recall. There are some vending machines there and a small balcony with a couple of chairs.

Maybe there are 2 guest laundry areas? The one we used at VWL is on the first floor. When you come in the main entrance, they are down a corridor to the left.

Used it many times this week. There are 2 washers and 4 dryers. The washers have digital timers on them which are great since I clocked them and came back promptly and they were done. That helps greatly since there were only 2 washers for all those units. They were on the first floor by the door you come in.

How much was the cost of washing and drying, and is difficult to get laundry done with only 2 washers and 4 dryers?

It was funny because DH saw the coin slots in the machines and asked if I had enough quarters. Don't be fooled, they are free! Just push the levers like you already put in the coins. There were not a lot of people doing laundry on the 2 days I did mine. The first day was Sunday when we checked back in after the 3 day cruise. Sunday is a big check-in day so I think that's why I was safe and the other day was last Tues. as we scrambled to make plans to leave abruptly after hearing the news of the plane attacks. I did take in laundry for 2 loads of wash and another member walked in just before I set it to go and took it back out to let her have one of them:) The right thing to do of course. FYI, one washer goes for about 25 min. and the other goes for about 45 min. Since 2 washers does not equal 4 dryers I split my loads up each time to dry more quickly.

I must apologize for the wrong info I posted about the laundry on the fifth floor at VWL. I was confused. My DW reminded me that the laundry I was thinking of was at VB where we spent our first three days. We had a one BR at VWL so we didn't need to use the washers/dryers. :confused:

That's okay Paul in CT. So you got your vacations mixed up. A nice problem to have!!:cool:

BraveMom3,

Thanks for your understanding! You will love the VWL. We certainly did.

If you have the time, I can definitely recommend Artist Point for dinner (ask for a window seat!). Also, the refillable mug for $8.95 at Roaring Forks is an excellent deal if you will be there more than a few days. The mug makes a great souvenir, too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter