VWL Refurb Info

cosmos

Standing in line at Soarin.
The refurb of VWL has started and the 5th floor is now complete. The elevators and stair wells have been locked out for the 5th floor until today. I wandered up and asked if I could take a look. I was allowed into a studio and took the following photos:

p665604935-5.jpg

p702880705-5.jpg

p990798035-5.jpg

p936912151-5.jpg

p1030028993-5.jpg

p1053295919-5.jpg

I also spoke with one of the managers at the front desk and they said that the villas would not be getting sleeper CHAIRS. It did look like there was a pull out bed like the ones at VGF.

Construction personnel have been using a completely refurbed unit on the 4th floor as a construction office. This unit was a two bedroom (one bedroom plus studio lock off). Construction noise from the 5th floor has lasted till 11:00PM.

The new units appear a bit brighter than the old ones. There is a tan or beige carpet in the bedroom part of the unit and vinyl that looks like wood in the entry and sink area. The bathroom has a standard tile floor.

:goodvibes

Thanks for the update. Do you know if they are working their way down by floors? i.e. now that the 5th floor is done, are they working on the 4th floor? We arrive at VWL in a few weeks and want to avoid the noise as much as possible. I'm thinking maybe I should request a 5th floor room. Thanks again for sharing this info!

Cosmos, did I read your post correctly that the refurbished studio had a Murphy bed like VGF does?

Dang, they look so blah now. I don't like the new look at all.

We arrive at VWL in 8 days!! We requested a high floor, so we will see what we get!

ETA - Thanks for posting the new refurb pics

The refurb of VWL has started and the 5th floor is now complete. The elevators and stair wells have been locked out for the 5th floor until today. I wandered up and asked if I could take a look. I was allowed into a studio and took the following photos:

I also spoke with one of the managers at the front desk and they said that the villas would not be getting sleeper beds. It did look like there was a pull out bed like the ones at VGF.

Construction personnel have been using a completely refurbed unit on the 4th floor as a construction office. This unit was a two bedroom (one bedroom plus studio lock off). Construction noise from the 5th floor has lasted till 11:00PM.

The new units appear a bit brighter than the old ones. There is a tan or beige carpet in the bedroom part of the unit and a ceramic tile that looks like wood in the entry and sink area. The bathroom has a standard tile floor.

:goodvibes

I don't understand the comment about sleeper beds. Do you mean sleeper sofas, because that sofa looks like a sleeper one to me.

I don't understand the comment about sleeper beds. Do you mean sleeper sofas, because that sofa looks like a sleeper one to me.

No, a fold down under the TV. It looks like there is a chest of drawers by the balcony door so it makes sense that the bed took out the drawers under the TV. Looks like there's a slide out table under the TV.

What didn't make sense at the DVC annual meeting is that they would add the murphy bed to the studios but not the 1 bedrooms.

Here's why I was interested.

I had also heard about the studios going up to accommodating five, out of the annual meeting notes.

I have a home resort reservation for my family of five in a 1BR in October. Given that the one bedrooms don't have actual bedding for five, I emailed MS last week, asking when the renovations were going to be complete that changed the capacity- and if I could change my reservation to a studio based on this. Here's what they mailed back, minus the personal info:

"Welcome Home,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in your future travel plans and will be
happy to assist you. At this time there have been no announcements to
refurbish THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS Lodge Deluxe Studio
accommodations that will change the occupancy of the Deluxe Studios.

At this time the maximum occupancy for a Deluxe Studio at THE VILLAS AT
DISNEY'S WILDERNESS Lodge would be 4 Guests. You may have a fifth Guest
if that Guest is an infant child age two or younger.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB"

So...why would MS be sending this out to the home resort members, if the capacity is actually changing? Why would a DVC exec announce this at the annual meeting, but then have it denied to the members by MS now?

So confused...

We are on the ground floor and 2 rooms across from us look to be about 3/4 done with refurbishment.

We are on the ground floor and 2 rooms across from us look to be about 3/4 done with refurbishment.

If they are studios ..........see if you can check for the Murphy Bed under the TV . Maybe you can ask to look at the "almost finished" product ........:thumbsup2

This addition of a murphy bed is a mystery right now ...........some much conflicting info about them.

From the pictures .......... it sure does look like the table might have the room to be folded down so a bed could be pulled down. The cabinet is also long enough to be a bed .
Hoping it a bed ..........:thumbsup2
If not, I don't know why they would announce it at the annual meeting :confused3:rolleyes:

From the pictures .......... it sure does look like the table might have the room to be folded down so a bed could be pulled down. The cabinet is also long enough to be a bed .
Hoping it a bed ..........:thumbsup2
If not, I don't know why they would announce it at the annual meeting :confused3:rolleyes:

They did announce that they were going to put coffee tables in the BWV studios at an annual meeting about 10 years ago. Never happened.

Thanks for the photos, Cosmos! DW and I have always loved the decor and atmosphere at the VWL, and we both give this refurbishment a thumbs-up. The patterns in the old sofa and curtains, and some of the room colors, had become a bit dated. The new colors, while admittedly a little more generic, still work nicely with the theming, and seem to brighten things up considerably. It will be interesting to see what the situation with the table/chairs/TV and possible extra bed turns out to be. The one criticism we have is that it seems a little awkward to have the table right under the TV, but if that helps make the room more flexible it may be worth it.

So...why would MS be sending this out to the home resort members, if the capacity is actually changing?

Why would a DVC exec announce this at the annual meeting, but then have it denied to the members by MS now?

I was at the annual meeting and did not hear that an extra bed was a done deal. I have no idea where people got that it was a sure thing by what was said at the meeting. When discussing the rehab, it was mentioned that they were looking into the possibility of adding the 5th sleeper but needed to find something that would fit. And this statement was generic, never stated as to the studio or the 1 bedrooms.

Now after the fact I hear all this stuff about the studio getting the sleeper.

I too do not like the look of the rehab of the studio. Too much bulky wood furniture lined up against the one wall and the sofa space looks crowded, not relaxing. Very disappointing.........

Laura

I think its beautiful. VWL is our favorite place to be. And this new look is so fresh and modern. The hunter green color of the old rooms was my least favorite thing about the resort.

I like everything about it except the large expanse of white bedding. It needs a bed scarf at the foot of the bed. They could do something really great with the VWL theming.

Hummmmm. Why couldn't they put the floor lamp next to the door wall and couch...turn the dresser to face into the room against the same wall as the door wall and put the table over against the wall where the dresser was...even if they put the short side against the TV wall. This looks just plain awkward. We're there in December. Hope for NOT a dumpster view and top floor. :santa: had dumpster view our last visit 4th floor. But luv, luv luv VWL for Xmas time :love:

I was at the annual meeting and did not hear that an extra bed was a done deal. I have no idea where people got that it was a sure thing by what was said at the meeting. When discussing the rehab, it was mentioned that they were looking into the possibility of adding the 5th sleeper but needed to find something that would fit. And this statement was generic, never stated as to the studio or the 1 bedrooms.

Now after the fact I hear all this stuff about the studio getting the sleeper.

I too do not like the look of the rehab of the studio. Too much bulky wood furniture lined up against the one wall and the sofa space looks crowded, not relaxing. Very disappointing.........

Laura

Well it is in writing too .............. doesn't necessarily mean anything though .

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/member/condominium-association-notices/2013/2013_MeetingHighlights.pdf

Thanks for sharing! While it might look a bit more generic, I actually do like it. For the masses, this will be seen as upgrade in line with the resort rooms. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter