Wade and Michelle's at-home wedding and WDW DISNEYmoon - new updates on page 6

Thanks, everyone... :goodvibes DF is trying to talk me into just pushing it back... but I really don't want to... the actual wedding/marriage part I don't really want to put off... for various reasons... I don't mind the idea of a VR on DCL at our 1-year anniversary or whenever... hey, i get yet another trip out of it... ;) :thumbsup2

sorry to hear that :hug: I've had to cancel my wedding so many times I know how you are feeling. I'm whatever you do will be great! :goodvibes

Hey everyone... we have decided we may have to cancel the DCL wedding. :sad2:

We will still do the WDW honeymoon as planned. But we're moving to another house in April, which is going to cost money and actually more than we originally thought. We also want to take the kids to WDW in June (since we didnt plan on taking them in September)... now we've decided that we just can't afford to do EVERYTHING... so after weighing our options, I think we've decided to cancel the DCL wedding. We will either do a simple courthouse ceremony here or even somewhere in Orlando. Other options were postponing it, canceling the WDW honeymoon part or canceling the trip with the kids... DF did promise me that we WILL at some point get the DCL wedding... only the wedding will be a VR instead of the actual wedding (hoping for 1-year anniversary)...

so i'm a little bummed... but it'll be ok... :sad1:

We're doing a vr as welland had to cancel our DFTW...
With the economu as bad as it is, CONGRATS on your house and you should totally focus on that! YAY! Such great news!

So... cruise is officially canceled. :sad2: so trying to figure out Plan B, I think we've come up with an idea. I have a sister who passed away in 2003. She was cremated and her ashes scattered in the ocean in Destin (where she lived when she passed away... she was very much a beach kind of girl!) so we had already planned on stopping in Destin on our way to Orlando (we plan on driving). So we thought we could just do a simple ceremony there! :idea: i'm trying to locate the exact spot where my mom scattered her ashes and see if we can do it there. Then we'll probably spend the night in Destin and head to Orlando early the next morning... :)

So... cruise is officially canceled. :sad2: so trying to figure out Plan B, I think we've come up with an idea. I have a sister who passed away in 2003. She was cremated and her ashes scattered in the ocean in Destin (where she lived when she passed away... she was very much a beach kind of girl!) so we had already planned on stopping in Destin on our way to Orlando (we plan on driving). So we thought we could just do a simple ceremony there! :idea: i'm trying to locate the exact spot where my mom scattered her ashes and see if we can do it there. Then we'll probably spend the night in Destin and head to Orlando early the next morning... :)

Hun, that truly sounds so beautiful and meaning ful. I am sorry for your loss but, she will be there in spirit!

Hey, everyone! I know it's been A WHILE since i've posted here... I've been lurking a little but not too much since I was afraid it would just depress me to read about everyone's Disney wedding plans. Well, I was right. I started looking around here again tonight and got teary-eyed when I saw Betsy's video of her DCL VR... love, love, love that song, Betsy (I am the luckiest).... it made me sad to think that the deck is where we were supposed to have OUR wedding... anyway... just wanted to drop in and say hi and update a little. We are still planning on taking the kids to WDW but in August instead of June.... going for free dining. We now have Wade's kids living with us full time as well as my 2 kids. So a houseful this summer! Their mom moved back to California and left the kids with us until she gets settled. Well, his son is staying with us regardless (he has been begging to come live with us forever). We think his daughter is going to want to stay also and not go to California even once her mom gets settled. So we're working on getting legal custody of both kids. Still have our honeymoon in WDW booked for September. But still have NO wedding plans. Not only have I NOT lost the weight I was supposed to lose, I have gained even MORE. :scared1: It's terribly depressing. :sad2: The thought of wedding pictures at this point is something I really don't want to think about. It's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to lose ALL the weight I want to lose by the wedding date (even though we don't have a wedding date exactly, since we leave for our honeymoon on 9/23, obviously the wedding will be at some point before that!) I told DF at this point that I'm thinking we'll just hit the courthouse to make it "official/legal" with NO pics or anything... just a formality/paperwork type thing. I know if I do that, though, I'll regret it. Still hoping for a 1-year anniversary vow renewal on DCL, though... we'll see... I'm going to try to do some more looking around and hanging around this forum, though... I do still love to see WDW/DCL brides!! :bride:

So now our plans are for a simple ceremony with just us, the kids, my parents, sister, BIL, nephews and niece, here on 9/19/09, either at the courthouse or the botanical park where my mom and step-dad got married. I'm from St. Louis and most of my family still lives there, so we are going to do the reception there on 11/27/09, the day after Thanksgiving. We usually go up there for Thanksgiving anyway, and all the family will already be there, so it works out perfectly! Easier than trying to get all my family to come down to Dallas... and amazingly, everything seems to be CHEAPER up there! Already found our reception venue. There is what used to be a little hole-in-the-wall pizza place that I grew up on... AMAZING St. Louis style pizza and toasted ravioli. So this place is now a much bigger hole-in-the-wall and now has a banquet center (attached to the restaurant but with a separate entrance). My cousins went to check it out for us and take pictures and it is BEAUTIFUL!! And well within our budget!!! So that is BOOKED! Obviously food is taken care of. We'll just figure out exactly what we want and how much of everything closer to the date. They also have liquor, beer and wine, so that's covered too! It's going to be VERY affordable and PERFECT for us!! Now I need to find a bakery, florist (just want to get a few simple centerpieces)... think we found a DJ, who is also very affordable.

So now I actually have PLANS that we are going to STICK WITH (unless some major unforeseen roadblock pops up). :cool1: :love:

I just read through your pj. I was sorry to hear that you had to cancel your DCL wedding, although I am glad to see you didn't give up and found a great alternative. My DH and I are planning on a VR on DCL next September, so maybe we'll be sailing around the same time.

I just read through your pj. I was sorry to hear that you had to cancel your DCL wedding, although I am glad to see you didn't give up and found a great alternative. My DH and I are planning on a VR on DCL next September, so maybe we'll be sailing around the same time.

yeah, maybe we will!! :cool1:

I realized I don't think I ever posted pics of my shoes. I bought these a while back, like around Christmas time... they were on clearance and I couldn't resist... I don't have a dress yet, but I have shoes!! If for some reason they don't work out with MY dress, I'll let my 15-yo wear them...

103.jpg

104.jpg

Also, can someone suggest where to go to try on dresses for "full-figured" gals like me??? I don't want a formal wedding dress, maybe a destination/informal dress or even a bridesmaid dress or tea length dress or something... But I need it ASAP, so I don't really have time to order anything, which is going to really limit me, I know... but the ceremony is 9/19!!

Also, we have invitations picked out. Can't get a pic, though. But they're the "seal and send" invitations with the perforated "post card" for guests to RSVP and send back... these will be for the St. Louis reception, of course. I found a bakery there but waiting to hear back if they can duplicate the "Mickey's Delight" for me (in purple!). For centerpieces, I want to somehow incorporate pictures from our wedding and honeymoon, but I'm not sure how yet. I'm so NOT creative, so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post!! Oh, and we have a DJ!! Oh, and favors! Going with the personalized and Disney M&Ms.

So I took a chance and went to David's Bridal just to see.... I wasn't sure if they would have the "bigger" sizes for me to try on, but they did!

tried on a couple wedding dresses, nothing thrilled me... then tried on a lilac bridesmaid dress and.............. YES!! THAT'S IT! :woohoo: I debated between an actual white or ivory wedding dress, a more "destination/informal" wedding dress or a lilac/lavender bridesmaid dress... so this is my dress! Lilac bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal.... nothing fancy, perfect for our botanical park wedding and it's PURPLE!! :cool1:

mydress.jpg

Forgot to bring my shoes with me, so hopefully they'll match. I plan on getting the girls' dresses in 2 different complementing shades of purple... (one shade for the 15-yo and another shade for the 10-yo and 7-yo).

Something like this maybe...

15-yo....
bridesmaid.jpg

10-yo and 7-yo...
bridesmaid3.jpg

Anyone still out there? :confused3 :surfweb: :laughing: :goodvibes

We have found all 3 girls' dresses!! Not exactly what I originally planned, but I knew I was flexible and we found some deals we just could NOT pass up!! Oh, and I had decided early on that I didn't need all 3 dresses to be the SAME, just coordinate....

I found this dress on davidsbridal.com - outlet/sale - for 30 bucks! just happened that the ONLY size they had was my 10-year-old's size! So this is the 10-yo's dress:

maddiesdress.jpg

Then we went to the Jessica McClintock store at the mall and found a white dress for the 7-yo, which we will put a purple sash on to match one of the other two girls' dresses... for.... $17!!!!!! Sorry, don't have a pic yet, as I couldn't find one online. I'll add one whenever I get around to taking a pic and uploading it...

Then the 15-yo's dress that I originally found on the sale/outlet area of davidsbridal.com for 60 bucks but then found it on overstock.com for 15 bucks cheaper plus only $1 shipping instead of the $13 shipping for DB!

taysdress.jpg

YAY!! Oh, and we found black pants for our 9-yo son for 20 bucks at Nordstrom... so that's 4 things we knocked off our list this weekend!! :cool1:

Well, the wedding ceremony is now 6 DAYS AWAY! And in 10 days, we'll be back in WDW for our honeymoon!!! I have a sleeveless dress but I have issues with my arms. I have big arms/shoulders and even when I was thin, my arms are still big and I just look even bigger without sleeves. So I have a friend who is going to put some cap sleeves on my dress. Nothing like waiting until the last minute on that. Dress has been altered, Wade's suit has been bought and altered. Everyone except the oldest has shoes, which we will probably get today. There's not really anything much else to do. I'm going my own bouquets. Will just get flowers probably from Costco or something the day before. Got floral tape, ribbon and pins from Michaels already. Hair trial tomorrow. These are the 2 styles I'm thinking about.

13.jpg

hairdown.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter