Wait list for August?

dopeynme

DIS Veteran
Hi! DH and I are DVC members, but don’t own at Aulani. We tried to book at the 7 month mark, but there was no availability for our whole stay. We tried for the next 3 days but there was always at least one night not available.

We wait listed for the dates we want. Anyone have experience with this? Anyone have thoughts about our chances?

No flexibility with dates as air is already booked. Thanks for any input!

When are you trying to go and what sized room? The lower point rooms book up the fastest. Perhaps you would have more luck if you looked at a different view or a larger room?

Hi! We wanted to check in Aug 15 for 5 nights for an ocean view studio. But there were no garden view studios or even 1 bedrooms available for all the nights.

You’re probably seeing saturday night as being the problem, since its the summer many local families will be staying saturday night to have fun for the weekend. The studios are unlikely to free up, there might be a chance for the 1 bedroom...the 2 bedroom is likely still available...but both villas are far more costly than a studio.

Might want to book a split stay while waiting to see if something opens up if thats an option for you.

Could also maybe try double booking a night with a split stay in studios (might work out cheaper than split stay studio + 1 bedroom). Would allow you to be able to move to the new room either late at night or early morning rather than having to potentially leave stuff with bell services at noon and not have a room for half a day.

Thanks so much for the advice. We will check now for the options other than studios. Maybe we can afford points for fewer nights in a 1 BR...

I looked at the Concierge Collection and the RCI properties, but I really couldn’t get excited about them. They look perfectly nice, but not the luxury resort feel of Aulani.

HI there,
we just booked 4 nights OV studio from the 20th august, Hawaii have a holiday weekend 17-19 august, so many of the rooms are taken that weekend.
(17 Aug Fri Statehood Day)
good luck with the waitlist

I didn’t realize that was a holiday weekend. That may be part of the problem!

We waitlisted our whole stay in OV studio and GV studio.

For Plan B, we booked OV 1 BR for the single night stays on Aug 15 an 19. With check in and check out days, that will give us 4 days to enjoy the resort. For the 3 nights in between, we booked the Marriott next door. It will cost money that we hadn’t planned to spend, but at least we’ll get to be where we want to be. And we can cancel the Marriott up until Aug 2, so nothing lost if the wait list comes thru.

Thanks everyone for your help! Gotta love the Disboards!

What days were you looking to go? I went on at 8 am at the 7 month window for August and was able to get a 2 bedroom from August 18-24.

We were hoping for ocean view studio Aug 15 checking out Aug 20. We don’t have enough points for 2 BR for the whole stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter