• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait list for upcoming months

john23tc

Mouseketeer
I keep on hearing about people canceling trips, so I was wondering if anyone is on a wait list for a trip this year and has received a call or letter from MS confirming your request. I am still waiting for 1 more night at BWV in Nov(preferred view) and have not heard anything. I thought for sure something would have come available by now.

I have been on the waitlist for a studio at BWV in early December since the opening of the 7 month window. I don't think many DVC members are canceling, which is great IMHO, but I have OKW as a backup so I'll be there in one place or another and I like them both, especially during the Christmas season. :D

I have been on the waitlist since the 7 month mark for Nov 25th through Nov. 30th and still haven't gotten the call or the mail....I am still hoping but....we have VWL just in case...but I really wanted BWV....Oh well...what will be...will be...it is really not that important in the sceme of things....I'll just keep on wishing on those stars......:cool:

We were on the wait list for one day in Feb. 2002 and had reservations for all of the other days. I called a few times to check the wait list and was told that they would automatically add the day to our reservation if it opened up and that I didn't need to keep calling. Well guess what? I had to call last week about something else and found out that our wait list day had come through and nobody notified us. She said "that doesn't surprise me". So I'd keep calling if I were you - here I was worrying about something that had already come through. Good luck!

We're still waiting for Nov 2. I called to keep us on the 30 day wait list and asked the CM I talked to about cancellations and she said really there weren't many DVC'ers calling to cancel their trips. I think many of the cancellations we're hearing about are at the resorts. I'm almost resigning myself to not getting the extra night we need ~ ahhh well. It'll teach me to go ahead and book to begin with :-)

We have been on the wait list for a studio at OKW or BWV for Nov. 22 & Nov 23 for some time..Nothing has come through, at least they have not notified me of it... At the time we were waitlisted for OKW & BWV, VWL waitlist was already closed for those days...

mac_tlc

DVC '92

'74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '80, '83 (hunnymoon), '85, '90, '91 off-site
'92 DVC
'93 DVC, DVC
'94 DVC, DVC, DVC
'96 OKW, OKW, OKW, VB
'97 OKW, OKW, VB
'98 OKW, OKW, VB
'99 WL, OKW, OKW
'00 OKW, Magic, VB, OKW
'01 DCA, VWL, Magic

Adding to my waitlist description above...
Is it better to waitlist on a day to day basis or for the whole trip at once....?
I'm thinking maybe I should have done it on a day to day basis....
Anyone know?
thanks to any who may reply.

happiest in Disney,

Previous times that I have waitlisted, it didn't matter. One time I remember we had waitlisted for 4-5 days. As time went on, they cleared, but not all at once. Eventually they did all clear. The problem is, though, that you may result with one day clearing, but not the next, then the third day clears, , , , , Could be a problem !

mac_tlc

DVC '92
'74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '80, '83 (hunnymoon), '85, '90, '91 off-site
'92 DVC
'93 DVC, DVC
'94 DVC, DVC, DVC
'96 OKW, OKW, OKW, VB
'97 OKW, OKW, VB
'98 OKW, OKW, VB
'99 WL, OKW, OKW
'00 OKW, Magic, VB, OKW
'01 DCA, VWL, Magic

I was waitlisted for a BWV studio for 11/19 - 24 and was able to get all 5 nights. I automatic booked and got the 1st 2 days by calling then then got the last day auto book and tues got Tday autobook. I would suggest autobooking and keep calling every day. Be sure to have the agent check when you are on the phone. That's how I got my first 2 nights. Good luck!

We have been on the waitlist for a BWV studio for next week...I had pretty much resigned that we would not get it, when suddenly 8 days before departure, the first day come through...then the next day the next day came through, like people were cancelling one day at a time at the last minute before the 7 day window...(weird, no?) Did not get the 3rd day today, so I guess that is it, we will be moving after the first two days...

Paul

Hi all!

I have been on the waitlist for January for BWV for many months. With all that's happened, I was surprised that I haven't received the call.

We are waitlisting for 6 nights. Do they automatically do it on a day-to-day basis or do you have to ask them to do that? What are the chances of someone with the exact same dates as us calling? Also, I read someone talk about automatic confirmation. Do you have to ask for that?

Thanks! Kim :bounce: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :bounce: :cool:

Do they automatically do it on a day-to-day basis or do you have to ask them to do that?

You will need to specifically request or they will wait until all days are available at once.

Unless you wish to be called to confirm the ressie...ask for auto-confirm for any of the dates. Then they will reserve each day as it becomes available.

Good Luck!

We weren't on a waitlist, but already had reservations for BWV and WL from Nov 17th thru the 22nd, three nights each. Due to all that is happening our flight on Delta was cancelled. We got another flight on Southwest, but had to add another day to our stay. When I tried to add a night there was nothing available. I called back in a few days and there was still nothing available at BW or WL, but there was a room at OKW, which I booked. I called back several days later, and there were rooms available such that I could cancel the OKW and extend our stay at WL, and also added one night at BW. There were enough rooms available that I could have done the whole stay at BW if I wanted to. I think you have a good chance just calling up to see what they have, it is changing every day. Plus there seems to be no waiting at MS either.

I wish, I wish, I wish....

I wish they had a system where they could match the people who already have a reservation they are keeping "just in case" with the people who want THEIR reservation, and work out a better system for the waitlist. Easy for me to say.... I keep hearing about folks who have reservations for 'just in case' on the days when I am on the waitlist! And yes, I am holding my original reservation "just in case" as well and feeling plenty guilty about it, because I am sure somebody wants my available days.

Right now, all I can is just call them and say, "Here is what I REALLY want," and hope that they can match me with a cancellation. But nobody is cancelling! They are holding on, just in case!

Originally posted by RLMS56
I was waitlisted for a BWV studio for 11/19 - 24 and was able to get all 5 nights. I automatic booked and got the 1st 2 days by calling then then got the last day auto book and tues got Tday autobook. I would suggest autobooking and keep calling every day. Be sure to have the agent check when you are on the phone. That's how I got my first 2 nights. Good luck!

What do you mean automatic booked? I think that is what I am doing only for the whole 5 days....I told them that I wanted them to book it when it comes open ... no need to call to verify...is that what you mean by autobook? Or do you mean to call everyday to try each day individually? sorry for being a little confused on this....:) Thank you for you input

We were on the waitlist for a studio at VWL and BWV for Jan.
4-7 for my inlaws. Last week the BWV studio came available, but I'm still hoping the VWL will come through so we can all be at the same resort.

Auto book means just that. If a night becomes available they will automatically book it and mail you a confirmation. I always ask for it to be done per night.
BTW, I called this am for VWL 12/23 - 27 and was able to get a 1 brm for the first 3 nights. I had a ressie with an AP rate so we will keep that for the last night.

RLMS56
thank you for clarifying for me....
I should have done it that way on a night by night basis from the beginning at the 7 month out mark...but now I'm probubly better off keeping it for the whole length of our stay...I would hate to have one night BWV one Night VWL etc....it would be crazy ...but now I know for next time how I should phrase it. Thank You...
We have never stayed at the VWL so I'm sure we will enjoy it there as well. I have heard so many wonderful things about it that I will be happy wherever we end up.... The only reason I like Boardwalk is the central location to Epcot and MGM. It is just so conveinant.
Thanks again.

We were at BWV 9/22 - 9/29. We stayed our 1st 6 nites in a one bedroom, then had to move to a studio for nite 7.

I checked with guest services hoping the studio might be ready first thing in the morning so we could move our stuff over. I also had heard about so many people cancelling trips, etc. and thought there might be empty rooms. The CM advised us there was not one studio vacant that night.

So even though we're hearing about people cancelling trips (and it was not crowded at all on the Boardwalk or at some parks), I agree that DVC members must still be travelling to WDW. We saw a LOT of out of state plates. I think a lot more people are driving because they're afraid to fly. Hopefully, that will improve also.

Hope you get your waitlist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter