Wait times BOG preorder vs order onsite

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
What is the wait time difference at BOG for lunch between preorder and order on site?
We have the dining plan and I want to order 2 soups and share a sandwich, but I don't want the soup to be used as a meal credit.

What is the wait time difference at BOG for lunch between preorder and order on site?
We have the dining plan and I want to order 2 soups and share a sandwich, but I don't want the soup to be used as a meal credit.

Glad to hear the PP's wait time was reasonable. It's been a year and a half or so, but we had a lunch rez at BOG about the time they had started pre-order there, which I was not aware of that day, and our wait time was 20- 30 min. If you can pre-order, I would. :cutie:

pre order for us took about 5 minutes. 2 families in front, so just waited for them, paid and found a seat

Pre-order took us about 20 minutes last year because the groups in front of us has issues. I don't know if they decided to change everything they ordered or what, but they took forever. The regular line has taken us 15-20 minutes in the past.

Pre-order took us about 20 minutes last year because the groups in front of us has issues. I don't know if they decided to change everything they ordered or what, but they took forever. The regular line has taken us 15-20 minutes in the past.

Yeah, it's awesome when Disney actually implements something good that helps efficiency, and some jackleg gums up the works by not being able to simply do things the way they're supposed to be done.

Our last trip, we were done with paying for our preorder before the regular line even moved. It was awesome. You still see a CM when you preorder, and they’ll ring up your order for payment.

Sometimes the difference seems very large. We have preordered each time we've had lunch there and at least twice we've gone up to the castle and gone in to find a wait of 5-10 groups in front of us and the non-pre order line was halfway across the bridge. It was not that bad when we went in May though so maybe they've streamlined the process for ordering on site.

If I preorder and have the dining plan, can I pay for part of my order so it doesn't use credits?

If I preorder and have the dining plan, can I pay for part of my order so it doesn't use credits?

There is a very clear warning/disclaimer when you begin to place your pre-order that only ONE payment method is accepted when you pre-order.

Yeah, it's awesome when Disney actually implements something good that helps efficiency, and some jackleg gums up the works by not being able to simply do things the way they're supposed to be done.

I was steaming! It was our first time pre-ordering and I was excited to skip the line, only to have to wait just as long. It was a big group and they were all up there looking at menus like this was completely new to them. Nothing the poor cast member could do, either.

I was steaming! It was our first time pre-ordering and I was excited to skip the line, only to have to wait just as long. It was a big group and they were all up there looking at menus like this was completely new to them. Nothing the poor cast member could do, either.

BOG is a very busy fast food restaurant. Pre-ordering is still pretty new. They just brought on board a number of additions to the restaurant options to pre-order, so for many folks it is a new thing. I don't understand why if you pre-ordered you were having to wait while people "looking at menus like this was completely new to them"?

BOG is a very busy fast food restaurant. Pre-ordering is still pretty new. They just brought on board a number of additions to the restaurant options to pre-order, so for many folks it is a new thing. I don't understand why if you pre-ordered you were having to wait while people "looking at menus like this was completely new to them"?

I don't know if they somehow went through the wrong line or if they decided to change everything on the pre-order when they got to the CM. It should be a quick review that the order is correct, pay, and move on.

There is a very clear warning/disclaimer when you begin to place your pre-order that only ONE payment method is accepted when you pre-order.

Assuming you have two adults in your party, one person could preorder the dining plan food and another the out of pocket food.

I swear, every single detail I hear about this place makes me want to never eat there, ever. It's like they sat down and said, "How can we take the concept of 'restaurant' and make it as convoluted and Byzantine as possible? Can we make it so the average guest needs to study a flowchart to get a meal? And let's cut staffing to the absolute minimum while making the place huge AF so everything will grind to a halt the minute any little thing goes wrong!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter